The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Alec's Journal  (Read 197 times)

55060hacker

Alec's Journal
« on: April 14, 2024, 07:14:50 am »
Rather uneventful day, Sat around the campfire at Center, studying my flash cards to learn sign language. Sometimes, I wish there was another person to practice with.  This gets rather boring. While examining my equipment, I noticed that my quarterstaff has a light on it. I wonder if I can dispel that effect, to make myself less noticeable, while still being armed defensively. I prayed to Aragen to grant me this ability but apparently failed removing the light from my staff. *sigh*

55060hacker

Re: Alec's Journal
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2024, 05:36:42 pm »
I have found that I am able to produce some sounds by using my upper respiratory tract, but am afraid that I will sound lack-witted if I try talking. Some sound combinations are impossible for me to do, and I end up coughing and sputtering uncontrollably when I try. While this may improve my chances of talking with people, I do not want them to feel sympathy for my plight.  I am a faithful follower of Aragen, the Lord of Knowledge, surely I can overcome these difficulties.

55060hacker

Re: Alec's Journal
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2024, 09:01:31 pm »
I met another Aragenite, Jebediah, who successfully found the cure for my speech impairment.  He called on the name of Aragen, and found the knowledge and the cure! Praise to Aragen!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2024, 03:09:57 pm by 55060hacker »

anything