The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Alec's Journal  (Read 752 times)

55060hacker

Alec's Journal
« on: April 14, 2024, 07:14:50 am »
Rather uneventful day, Sat around the campfire at Center, studying my flash cards to learn sign language. Sometimes, I wish there was another person to practice with.  This gets rather boring. While examining my equipment, I noticed that my quarterstaff has a light on it. I wonder if I can dispel that effect, to make myself less noticeable, while still being armed defensively. I prayed to Aragen to grant me this ability but apparently failed removing the light from my staff. *sigh*

55060hacker

Re: Alec's Journal
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2024, 05:36:42 pm »
I have found that I am able to produce some sounds by using my upper respiratory tract, but am afraid that I will sound lack-witted if I try talking. Some sound combinations are impossible for me to do, and I end up coughing and sputtering uncontrollably when I try. While this may improve my chances of talking with people, I do not want them to feel sympathy for my plight.  I am a faithful follower of Aragen, the Lord of Knowledge, surely I can overcome these difficulties.

55060hacker

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2024, 09:01:31 pm »
I met another Aragenite, Jebediah, who successfully found the cure for my speech impairment.  He called on the name of Aragen, and found the knowledge and the cure! Praise to Aragen!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2024, 03:09:57 pm by 55060hacker »

55060hacker

« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:26:05 pm »
After being voiceless for the majority of my life, I have decided to facilitate the voiceless and the voiced with training in the language of hand signs.  This is in perfect accord with the teachings of Aragen, the God of Knowledge, for he says restricted knowledge turns to lost knowledge.  Also it is an excellent public service to everyone interested.  We will be meeting at the campfire at Center. [Sundays at 4pm CDT, hopefully]