Character Development > Development Journals and Discussion

Among the people

(1/7) > >>

cbnicholson:
Father,

I have done as you asked and tried to keep a low profile yet serve the Lord Protector.  In the process of doing so, I have run across many of the same adventurers you spoke of in your own journeys. Protector Storold was one such person and he was most helpful in resolving several tasks around Center with both advice and with his magic.  I have also befriended a priestess of Katia, a gnomish woman named Fern.  She is the opposite of myself in that she is very shy, but her prayers saw myself and a couple of others through some dark journeys.  Finally, there are the Toranites with whom I feel the greatest affinity.  Your friend, Lady Daniella, trained her people well.  Sir William Leox and Mari both are beacons of light in this dark world and I am glad to call them friends.  In short, I am doing well, if poor in true, at least I am rich in companionship and faith.

Oh, in regards to the fire at the Hempstead fields store, there is a kindly orc investigating do not judge him by his looks.  The Dragon has shown me the truth of his heart and he means well.

Yours with the Gold,

Jo.

cbnicholson:
Father,

A small disaster befell our group as we tried to resolve the bugbear problem outside Mariner's Hold.  Fern, Mari, and an elf named Vulcan were with me and we did well enough initially until we were forced to charge into the main bugbear lair wherein more of the creatures than what we scouted appeared and slaughtered us.  When we finally managed to stand under the bindstone, we swore to return to rid the island of the foul creatures leader.  When next I see you I have questions regarding some personal matters I must discuss.

Yours with the Gold,
 Jo.

cbnicholson:
Jo worked the knot of dirty blonde hair patiently, teasing out the snarl right above Mari's ear where her cowlick made a turn. "Now, sound it out and put the letters in that sound right, Mari." He told her , pausing, to point with the shell brush at the letters she was putting to paper. "Not perfect, but then never let perfect be the enemy of good enough, hmm?" He smiles and continued his ministrations with her hair.  Like her , it was a mess, but a good mess, it felt and looked full of life whenever he worked with it and his efforts were weilding some results, finally.  The curling locks were fuller and shone in the sunlight of the clearing they were camped in.  "Would you mind if I tried something different, Mari?  I want to put a small braid of this," He gave the offending lock a gentle tug abover her ear, making her squirm, "a place to go that won't be in your eyes when you fight, okay?"  With her nod he finished his work and she finished her very short letter.  Still it was something.  "We'll get this to the courier soon as we can, Mari."

Jo finished and moved around to view his work facing Mari directly.  "Here, take a look in this bowl of water and let me know what you think."

RollinsCat:
"I think I wish someone'da showed me that when I was littler. Gonna be a lot easier ta wear under the helmet."  Her letter is rolled and tied with deft fingers; she's done that much enough times in her military career to make it look natural.  The military may march on it's stomach but command rolls on parchment wheels.  "Thanks Jo, ken ya teach me that when we got time?  I'll be round Llast for a few weeks at least."

cbnicholson:
Nodding, "Of course, Mari, and I'm glad to hear you'll be stationed at Llast for a while." Jo looks around thinking then grins, "I've got it, you can practice braiding on your helm, the one with the hair on the top!  Right now, we'll get this letter off straight away, your father will be glad to see it I think.  Um, Mari..Do you think I could meet him, your Father? I'd like to if you don't think he'll take offense?"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version