The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: An origin story for Akhadie  (Read 678 times)

Eegxeta

An origin story for Akhadie
« on: November 12, 2011, 09:44:51 pm »
So far all I have are ideas and I also want to know if I can even do this because I know it would need approval because it is no ordinary story.

Akhadie was originally a dark elven bladedancer with much promise which every master had their eye how he lost his heritage and his memories is a classic tale of love. He had a lover (I haven't worked on a name for her yet) and they were going to get married after Akhadie took the Test. He passed the test but was gravely injured and died shortly after. Nobody wanted him to die. His lover went to the dark elven priests to see about bringing him back. Since he did pass the test they agreed but didn't didn't tell her what the consequences of bringing him back would have on him. When they completed the ceremony the body was whisked away by magic and a curse brought of his soul which could only be broken if he was worthy of a second chance at life and the way to discover if he was worthy was if he could kill himself in combat and so a second body was made weaker in nature in which his soul could inhabit to complete his true test. If he could defeat his dark elf body is combat then his soul would be returned to it.

This would explain everything about my character. I'm hoping this will be possible.

EdTheKet

Re: An origin story for Akhadie
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 03:43:48 pm »
Sorry, that's not going to fly.

There's no transferring of souls to weaker bodies and curses that can only be broken by defeating your "original" body in combat.

I assume this is in relation to your already approved character here?

http://forums.layonara.com/character-approvals/284747-new-character-submission-akhadie.html#post1732198

Eegxeta

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 05:33:10 pm »
Well that stinks it would have made a cool quest. Yes is it the already approved character I'm just trying to think of a good story to explain who he is and  where he came from. I think I'll need to turn off the blockbuster movie section of my imagination for this my stories all end up being too creative.

EdTheKet

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2011, 03:26:00 am »
Also, any additions or changes to your origin story will have to go through the Character Approvers.

Eegxeta

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2011, 08:45:32 pm »
I can't change what I haven't made.

EdTheKet

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2011, 04:24:09 pm »
Let me rephrase that then. If you want an origin story added to your character's bio, you'll need to post that in the Character Submission forums for review.
Not if it's something uneventful and just who your character's parents were. But if there's curses, souls, rituals, or other extraordinary things involved, you should.

And when in doubt, ask :)

Eegxeta

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2011, 04:47:03 pm »
I put it here just because I was just throwing half baked ideas out. If this would have been ok then I would gone in detail about everything and submitted in the character submission form. I put it here to save the time of writing a detailed story and just to have it rejected.

anything