The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Azharia's journal  (Read 51 times)

Faerie

• Followers of Aragen
    • View Profile
Azharia's journal
« on: November 09, 2006, 02:24:55 pm »
Azharia, alone in the Wild Surge Inn, writes in her journal while sipping on herbal tea. Her quill scratches the parchment frenetically, tracing words in pinkish ink.

"This town is quite different from home I must say, people strive to work and adventure everywhere! I had a hard time getting my bearings and finding my way, but it seems several townfolks wish for some help and many showed me the way around too! I learned so much the first day, almost as if I was walking for the first time!
  The economy here strives mainly on crafted objects, from potions to fabulous weaponry. As a personal goal, I must strive to learn some skills with various professions. As my master always said : If you know how to do it yourself, you can understand more of what surrounds you. So hard work ahead it seems!
  Most people are quite friendly, although some prefer to mind their own business. I still have quite a few errands to run, but goblins are giving me a hard time. No doubt Drake had his shares of scratches and bruises for the day, but there ain't many I can turn to. Zug seems to really want me to help him out, as he did for me in the Sielwood cave, so I must strive to become a better wizard to help him in return. Oh but ain't these thoughts random, too bad I cannot flesh out the many experiences I had better, with the excitement.
  Excitement, more like exilaration! I met one of the greatest heroes ever : Ozymandias Llewelyn! Just looking back on my sheepish grin back there makes me want to crawl under the table... but... Ozymandias! He was so much more than I ever believed from the tales, and so different too! It seems he is cursed, and pretty badly too... His own soul is tainted, and his body seems to dislike the straint of such a burden. I cannot believe such a great wizard, let alone an imaginable mine of knowledge, can suffer so much and walk more and more toward the grave... There must be a way to save him from this curse, there MUST! Even though he keeps saying it's a very complicated manner, I'm sure somewhere in this vast world, I might find a clue, a hint, a glimpse of something to help him! Speaking of which, I should go on traveling on this very matter right now!"

anything