The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Azinas' musings.  (Read 116 times)

Azinas' musings.
« on: October 08, 2005, 12:45:00 pm »
Full Name: Azinas Carantil
Class(es): Bard (hoping to later do CDQ for Duelist)
Race: Half-Elf
Subrace: N/A
Alignment: Neutral
Deity: Ilsare

Hlint. I've seen so many adventurers come through here. I'm a local boy, born and raised here by my farmer father. Not much to my life thus far. Just some farmer's kid playing the pipes or mandolin. I hear the stories and sing them. Playing and singing for anyone whom would listen. So many wonderfully beautiful tales that Ilsare has graced my ears to hear. But I've grown weary of always singing songs of others' glory. I want to become the subject not just the singer of these songs. I've learned a small bit of swordplay from watching others. Enough to survive, I think. It is time, time to seek one who can teach me to raise my meager skills to the level of artistry. Time to seek my own glory.

RE: Azinas' musings.
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2005, 01:17:00 pm »
I've never really had a journal before. A notebook, yes, I record the songs stories and poems I've heard there but a journal no. Perhaps it will help me gather my thoughts. So what should I say first? Perhaps I'll tell of what has occured since I first became an adventuring bard rather than one who just sits in town and sings or tells stories.

I have meet a great many people. Bjornigar the dwarf, who's mind seems only on business and the coin that can be made. Unthuz, a drow with a penchant for spewing curses and a keen tactical mind. Taran, a ranger who well, I'll get to that one later it is somewhat amusing. Daring the halfling barbarian with the spirit of a bear. Legodia, a druid who prefers to be unclad. Zerpa and Teefal Soulcry, who have encouraged me to continue seeking out my love. Araleth, the elven maiden I gave the first gem I ever crafted to, and the woman I found myself falling for. Oh, where have you gone sweet Araleth.

My skills have increased as well, always toward the artistic which I have sought. I now not only create music but am no mean hand at crafting the instruments on which to play the music. The first chimes I made are now hanging in a place Legodia and I have decided to make our home. I no longer merely repeat stories and songs I have heard. I have written my first original one. Daring says it doesn't make you want to fight but that's okay with me, I wrote it out of my love for Araleth.

There was a large meeting in Hlint one day about Sinthar having come to Mistone, landing in the Dragon Isles. Taran was there and when they asked for nominations for the information gathering comittee he nominated me, then since each nominee had to be seconded and I didn't know many people, he seconded me as well. In the confusion no one seemed to realize it was the same person who nominated me in the first place. There was supposed to be some kind of vote but I have heard nothing about it since.

The iron rapier Unthuz crafted for me feels more natural in my hand then it used to though no where near as natural as a mandolin or guitar. I will need to do something about that if I want to become a famous swordsman as well as bard. I think I will have to find a master at it to teach me to wield it artfully.

So these are my goals for now:

1) Continue increasing my skill at crafting instruments.
2) Write more music.
3) Raise my ability at swordplay to the point where it is an art form worthy of my goddess Ilsare.
4) GET FAMOUS

Oh, I also heard tell of an organization for bards, I wonder if they are accepting new members. I will have to seek them out. Adding that to my goals.

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2005, 05:00:00 pm »
I had an interesting, if short, discussion with the famous bard Ozymandius recently. Legodia had tried to introduce us earlier but that fell through. I ended up meeting him in Hlint after the congregation of the faithful. At any rate, Ozymandius... First let me say he seems a very unpersonable sort, especially for a bard. I queried him about the bardic organization I had heard rumors about, he told me it is called the Ineffable Chord and is based in Rodez, wherever that is. He also said he did not care for the group and had tendencies toward seeking out and killing members of it. I am more curious than ever. I will have to ask around and see if anybody knows where Rodez is and what the best route to it is.

I've been working on my instrument crafting especially hard in the past few weeks and I've found my skill in it has increased greatly. I can easily, if not yet effortlessly, craft instruments of oak where previously hickory was the best I could manage sucessfully. I will have to seek out wood of a greater quality soon if I am to continue improving my skills. The trouble there is I know not what materials to look for or where those materials can be found. Perhaps I can find someone skilled in woodworking and ask them where these higher quality woods can be found.

That will do for now. I will write more whenever other events worthy of note to me occur.

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2005, 07:05:00 am »
Well, surprises never cease. A beautiful woman with long red hair approached me today and handed me a note. It was from the Ineffable Chord! Appearently, they not only knew I had interrest in their organization but also in improving my skills with the rapier for which they have training. I shouldn't wonder, their network of contacts must be formidable. At any rate, they have been considering me as I have been considering them. Not only have they granted me an audition but they are coming to Hlint for it. It seems I won't have need to travel to Rodez quite yet, though I'm sure I'll want to take the trip once I have passed my audition. All of which means I have little time. I must gather some of my songs, stories and poems for the audition and make sure my instruments are in tune, polished and in good repair. My clothes too, I must find the finest I can. I must prepare! I will write again later.

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2005, 04:44:00 pm »
Well, it seems my recent performances have went well. I ended up performing in two auditions, one at the Leilon Arms and one in Hlint. The audition at the Leilon Arms earned me the honor of performing for Jil and Daren's wedding reception and Derrick was impressed enough during that performance to invite me to perform when the Leilon Arms is open again. Derrick says the tips can be quite good but money means litle to me, I prefer to play for the art of it and for the reknown.

The audition in Hlint, a performance in itself as many gathered to watch and listen, has not yet earned me a place in the Ineffable Chord, which is what I sought. However, most of the people gathered seemed to enjoy the show and the dueling match I had with the bard the Ineffable Chord sent to judge my talents went well enough to earn me a place training under her to become a duelist. I could not have picked a better teacher myself. Her acumen with the rapier is astonishing and she's quite a comely lass to boot. It seems like the Ineffable Chord wishes to consider me further before granting me entry and my training is their means of doing so.

Legodia came to my performance in Hlint. I haven't seen her in almost as long as it has been since I've seen Araleth. We chatted a bit both before and after the show and ended up taking a room at the Wild Surge. I had a bottle of wine which we shared as we conversed and when I woke up the next morning she was in my arms. A pleasant positon to wake up in indeed.

So now I spend many of my days training my skill in the rapier under the tutelage of the bard from the Ineffable Chord, it strikes me that she has yet to mention her name.