The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Ancient Texts  (Read 59 times)

Qui_Z

• Followers of Lucinda
    • View Profile
Ancient Texts
« on: December 29, 2004, 02:14:00 pm »
My search is still unsuccessful. I have no  perfect idea where these books on the Grandmasters would be. I don't even know if I can gain access to them, or if they are burried hundreds of feet underground. The boat ride back to Mistone should take a week or so. From there I will try to search the Tower of High Arcana for anything that will help me.

Qui_Z

• Followers of Lucinda
    • View Profile
The Search for Ancient Texts...
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2005, 05:40:00 pm »
My search contunued today on Xantril. The continent is littered with the strongest beasts I've ever seen. Some of the scenery there surprised me. There was a beautiful lake I found, High Lake. I strangely ran into a dark friend there. I find it strange that we were coincidentally there at the exact same time...we both went our separate ways from there though. I assume we aim for the same goal but to reach it in a differant way.
  I made my way through the Roughlands and into the Demon Mountains. I went all the way over Mt. Thulbane to the Fields of Blood. I then worked my way and saw what I believe to be the Demon Tower. I'm still curious to know who inhabits it.
  There were no libraries in sight. I need a greater force than myself to get inside the Demon Tower and search it for what I seek. I write from the porch of an empty cottage at the foot of a dreary mountain fort. My tent was invaded by raccoons so I'll sleep out here for the night. It's strangely more comfortable from the forts I've been to. But maybe its just the lonliness of the continent. Tommorow my search continues in the Great Forest.

Qui_Z

• Followers of Lucinda
    • View Profile
Snake shrine?
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2005, 06:35:00 pm »
I write again from the cottage's porch. Tommorow I'm going to try and find who owns it, perhaps they will allow me to rent it. I travelled more of the country today and decided to explore a new plain before making my way towards Hollak Forest then through the large castle to the Great Forest.
  Today I stumbled apon a strange cave. It was guarded by three of the nastiest snakes I have ever seen and what looks to be a Sulterio bindstone above the entrance. The most interesting part is the snake statues and carvings that surround it. They look to be very old. I need some time to examine them though. Too much work to do while etheral. I will need to find a way to destroy those snakes...then there is the matter of actually entering the cave.
  The moon is a strange tint tonight, I don't know what the cause is. It only started when I came to Xantril. I can't imagine it having to do with the continent though. The racoons have moved out of my tent and a bear has moved in...I'm playing with the idea of opening the door myself. I suppose I will just spend the night staring up at the moon. I'd rather not stir up trouble with what could be a half-demon owner. Did I mention a succubus served me my meal in Fort Miritix? Well it was some sort of fiend anyhow...

anything