The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Brit Forgeheart  (Read 765 times)

blfarris

• Followers of Dorand
    • View Profile
Brit Forgeheart
« on: September 29, 2005, 05:47:00 pm »
Being teased when he was young, made him a bit untrusting.  His siblings seemed to enjoy picking on him.  He did enjoy getting even though.  His ability to set traps, disarm traps, unlock locked items, and general mischief he became quite good at.  With these skills you would think he is a pretty good rogue, yet he was a fighter by nature.  His ability to watch his dwarven friends and learn to use a sword and axe was very natural to him.  He also enjoyed watching his father and his father’s dwarven friend and the smithy work on armor.  So as a young adult Brit left home to become a man, to explore life, to make a place of his own, to have friends, and maybe, just maybe be not so revengeful.  

As he traveled, he had seen very new things and cultures.  When he entered the town of Hlint, he found the smithy first thing to make himself a copper armor.  While in the smithy he saw two dwarfs working ore.  Argos Axeblade and Nossyla Steele seemed be brothers, they worked for hours at the forge and anvils.  Brit tried not to get in the way, but he finally bumped Nossyla one too many times.  Nossyla did not get angry at him, he did not tell him to leave.  Sort of like Nossyla seemed to know.  Nossyla talked with Brit a few, and asked Brit to join them on a trip for ore.  This trip was to Haven mines, Brit did everything in his power to save face to these two fine warriors.  Brit was not using his head.  Brit almost fell; Nossyla healed him, which is when Brit realized Nossyla was a healer not a fighter.  They left the mine with much ore this day.  Nossyla left the mine with a “son” as well.  Brit would not the effort of Nossyla saving him go without just.  Brit asked Nossyla to be teacher, to teach him the craft, to teach him how to be a warrior.  Nossyla was glad to help Brit.  So the ‘Family” started.  

Brit continues to watch, learn, and practice his skills of crafting armor, defending his friends, and becoming a better person.  Yet Nossyla does not know of his abilities with locks and traps.  Should Brit tell him?

The Family grew in size; Noss has a new renter in the house, a elf female by the name of Sharhar.  She is a very attractive elf, yet Brit knows she does not have eyes for him.  Sharhar one day called Brit her Brother, so Brit has a new “Older Sister” now, which Brit thinks will be a very good thing in his life to have.  

One day going to the mine on his own, Brit talked with a couple elves, one carrying a bow, another a quarterstaff.  They at first glance were mates, but after talking for a bit they seemed to be not.  Ireth and her bow were something new to Brit.  He heard stories of these archers, but she was young, not old enough to be skilled as he had heard, but she held her own.  Elladan, an elf male of great stature, he spoke of faith and defending the weak.  A very noble man and a good person to have by your side in the mines.  

Brit talked to Noss about the room Noss had for rent, suggesting these two elves may want to rent the room.  Brit arranged a meeting between Ireth and Noss, but also proposed an option to Ireth.  Brit offered to share his room if Ireth could not afford master dwarfs price on the front room.  Ireth agreed to accept Brit’s offer.  Brit found her very beautiful, yet he did not want to be too forward.  Brit thought with time this proposed option may become more … but he should not assume … time will tell.

Noss ended up renting the front room to Elladan, the noble man that Brit sometime travels with.  The “family” grows … Brit now has a brother, a elf, yet Brit finds he would defend his brother to the end.  Brit does not always agree with Elladan’s faith, yet Brit seems too able to look past this and see Elladan as a very good asset.  Brit better talk with his brother, make sure there is nothing between Elladan and Ireth, he would not want to hurt either of them.  Something he better do very soon.

A trip to the mine, nah … a trip to the Inn, yes!
Drinking and socializing … feeling great, but talking way too much.
Tells this patron about his “Family” and being teased of a family of dwarfs and elves.  The patrons repeat some of what Brit says of his “Older Sister”, his “Brother”, his “Younger Sister”, and his “Master Dwarf”.  Brit did not get mad, on the outside, yet his insides burned of revenge.  Brit is a good human, yet he thought of sticking this patron with his sword, straight thru the heart.  Had even more detailed thoughts of this heart and what he would do.  Wait he thought, what are you thinking?  He best leave … stumbling to a tree in the forest, he fell asleep.

A few hours later, his friend Pendar found him.  Pendar is a healer; he has helped Brit in the mines before.  Pendar did not ask any questions, he simply helped his friend out of the Broken Forest.  Pendar said something about undead and a grave, Brit was not fully aware of what was going on, he just trusted his friend, and did not argue.

A few days later, Noss confronts Brit of his trip to the Inn.  Noss heard some of his ranting in the Inn, and asked Brit to explain his actions.  Brit told Noss to leave him alone, “get off my back, you are pushing too hard master dwarf”  Noss explained life is not fair, nor is it to be wasted.  Brit explained that he needed to vent.  Noss then asked “why did you leave?” … “what were you thinking?”.  Brit simply replied he does not remember.  Brit realizes he just lied to his “father figure” and it weighs heavy on his heart.  Brit leaves the house and decides to continue his work at the forge.  As he walks to the mine, he makes a note to talk to Argos, maybe Argos can help.

Ireth Telrunya - http://www.layonaraonline.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=17156&posts=6

blfarris

• Followers of Dorand
    • View Profile
RE: Brit Forgeheart
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2005, 07:54:00 pm »
Today I had a long talk with Ireth.  I must admit, I was upset at the start of our talk.  But my youth is what clouded my mind.  I grew up some today.  Ireth, Elladan, and myself went to Red Light Caverns to get some minerals and ore for a few projects we are working on.  When we entered the smitty in Hlint, Argos was there.  We talked for a few, then Argos and myself went to Haven Mine for ore.  Ireth went home to unload her ox and Elladan went home to meditate.  I helped Argos with two trips to Haven Mine then it was time for me to return home.  Ireth warned me that elfs do not necessarily sleep.  She seemed to be sleeping when I got to our room.  I quietly got into bed, she did not stir.  Laying there I wondered if I should say something ... no let her rest ... Soul Mother may try to take one or both us tomorrow we may need our strength ....

blfarris

• Followers of Dorand
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2005, 09:27:00 pm »
Brit wonders where Master Dwarf Noss is.  It has been three days and no sign of him.  Argos should know, need to find Argos ....

blfarris

• Followers of Dorand
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2005, 05:10:00 am »
Master Noss is still not well.  The family is worried, we continue to help each other with our issues and demons, but it would be nice to hear that voice yelling at me again.  Rolf, searches for a cure.  We have posted guards at night at the house.  The assassins will not have it so easy if they try again.  Yes Assassins.  Master Noss comes and goes conscious every so often.  He told me that it was three Vampire Assassins who did this to him.  Bloody undead!  He does not look good at all.

Ireth and I continue to grow, is a good time I must admit, even more so than I had hoped.  I do feel like brother Elladan is being ignored.  I must speak with him, and spend some time with him very soon.  He is my brother, I do respect the man, I do not want to hurt him.  

Argos has said he is ready for his special training, something to do with mastering weapon or something.  He is one site to see during combat, if he learns this training, oh boy, look out evils.  But he was also with Master Noss when he fell to these assassins.  These evils are strong!  Why did they do this?

Lady Sharhar continues to sit with Master Noss, day and night.  I bring her food and drink, see does not eat much.  I have never seen such respect between dwarf and elf before.  Maybe one day Ireth and I will share that respect for each other.  Sharhar is really torn up, she is so upset.  Wish she would let me sit with him, so she would get some sleep for one night at least.  I do sit outside his room in a chair at night, incase the assassins return.  I do miss the bed in our (Ireth and Brit) room.  Or maybe I miss sleeping next to her?  

Ireth and I had a fun talk with my friend Pendar.  I started to tease Ireth but these two quickly turned on me and I was the joke of the day.  You know, I enjoyed it, was fun!  Nothing like when I was a child and my siblings teased me.  One day to get even with my siblings, one day.  

Ireth and I also have a new friend, Ty.  An adventurer who is good company.  He and I went to haven mine, did not go so well, but then Ireth joined us and we went pelt seeking for him.  Was nice to adventure with Ty and Ireth, was very fun.  Till I got home and Ireth turned into wicked witch of the north, yesh women.   Must have been that time of the month.  Might sell some armor soon, been talking to a few about my wares, they seem interested, maybe ill push a bit.  

Ireth spoke of visiting her parents Inn, but she thinks I am not ready for the environment of an elven Inn and me being human.  She might be right, but if it makes he feel better, I will take what ever they can dish out, and just turn a cheek.  I hope!

Have had a few people come up to me and wish and pray for Master Noss speedy recovery.  Is nice to see such good people, is very nice indeed.

blfarris

• Followers of Dorand
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2005, 05:37:00 pm »
Well today was one of my best days ever!

blfarris

• Followers of Dorand
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2005, 04:37:00 pm »
Well she had to go and just destroy all my work!  Can not belive I set all this up and bought all the items I needed, and she goes and does this.  Women I tell ya.  *with huge Grin on his face*

blfarris

• Followers of Dorand
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2005, 05:53:00 am »
So much to do!  Where do I start?  Invintatins, ring, formal clothing, food, where at?, must get the gifts, oh no I need iron and oak ...

blfarris

• Followers of Dorand
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2005, 05:53:00 am »
Really enjoyed the hunt with Elladan!  Was good to talk him some, but I must listen more, he must also want to talk.  Master Noss has sent word to talk with me, I wonder what I did wrong this time?

blfarris

• Followers of Dorand
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2005, 09:56:00 am »
Jular 22 a day to remember!  What a day, never in my wildest dreams would I have such a day.  Ireth was so beautiful; Elhara did an outstanding job on that dress.  Need to tell her to not have so many strings, takes too long to get it off.  Elladan was nice enough to show, was a true friend and brother.  Master Rolf, cloaked, was present as well. Something seemed to be on his mind, I wonder if we can help him any.  The room was very nice, and the service by Lady Rev was just grand. I just can not say enough.  I would like to take Ireth someplace nice, but where? And she is now incharge of our spending.  Hmm, I have a idea, and no it is not a mine.

blfarris

• Followers of Dorand
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2005, 02:45:00 am »
Brit was mining with Argos and another dwarf and as they walked out of Hlint, they ran into a big group standing and arguing over the body of Ly.  Well not to bore everyone, it was a long adventure that ended successfully, I think.  See Ireth made Brit a promise on the day they got married, but she seemed to totally forget this fact when she made this other promise on this adventure.  Oh by the way, the new promise was not to Brit, but some avatar.  Brit is beginning to wonder if she really loves him, or is using him.  Another tid bit, Ireth is becoming friends with miss use everyone, none other than Sy.  Things are so simple in the mines, kill the ogres, mine the ore, smelt it, make armor.  Ireth is not so simple.  What should Brit do next? Wait for this avator to show up and take Ireth, which Brit would not be able to stop it.  Live knowing any moment could change his life forever?  If they are blessed with children can Brit raise them by himself?  Does he even try to have children with Ireth now?

blfarris

• Followers of Dorand
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2005, 02:45:00 am »
Brit awakes from a nightmare, Ireth does not stir, he knows she is awake, but she has promised another ...

He recalls the mare ... Standing with another watching himself, this stranger says ...
You just stood there screaming
Fearing no one was listening to you
They say the empty can rattle the most
The sound of your own voice must soothe you
Hearing only what you want to hear
And knowing only what you heard
you     youre smothered in tragedy
Youre out to save the world
Misery you insist that the weight of the world
Should be on your shoulders
Misery
Theres much more to life than what you see
No one caring about these words you tell
One mans fun is anothers ell
These times are sent to try mens souls
But somethings wrong with all you see
Youll take it on all yourself
Remember misery loves company

Brit goes for a walk .....

blfarris

• Followers of Dorand
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2005, 05:12:00 am »
Sitting here wondering what may be next.  Would like to do some exploring, but not sure wandering into unknown places is the safest idea.  Argos may have a idea, besides the iron mine that is. Grey peaks look like a good spot to start.  Need to find the oil for that lady.  Could also find the farmer I have this letter for.  Ireth and I had a talk today, I realize now that we both care greatly for each other, so much so we are not totally enjoying each day.  Now dont get me wrong, we find each day challenging, exciting, and loving.  We just need to stop being so serious.  Maybe a good joke? But what? Nothing to harsh, just some fun.  Should I get Ly involved?  Maybe Elhara and Elladan.  What will the joke be?  Maybe get her to wear that red dress in town, and have Captain Garnet put her jail for a few hours for indecent wares in town.  
Hmm, just remembered she sent letter to her parents and she has not said if she got a reply.  
I hear new housing for sale in Pranzis, but I also hear it is expensive.  
I sure wish I could remember if that avatar gave us her name.  Could seek knowledge on the thing.  See if it will want to harm Ireth.  
All this marrage bit sure makes a man hungry, seems I can not get enough food.  Armor still fits, barely.

blfarris

• Followers of Dorand
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2005, 05:15:00 pm »
Ireth made a promise to the "avatar" and I now feel it is our promise.  Sure she might have to do most the work to pay the debt, but I will help in any way I can.
Walking in Hlint to get supplies to make arrows for Ireth, all of a sudden I was not in Hlint.  This "avator" (they all look the same to Brit) walks up and starts to preach at Brit about Ireth's promise and she must do this to save Layo.  I ask a couple questions, but this "avator" thinks I don't care if Blood wins or not.  Seems the "avator" was not listening to what I was simply asking, another example of the powers in this land just worried about themselves if you ask me.  So back to Hlint it sends me.  Ireth sees me and I start to tell the details of what just happened, Elladan, my brother and friend walks up and learns of the events also.  As we talked, this Dougal walks up, throws some insults my way and takes Ireth.  Now I did not have any way of stopping him, but there must be a way.  This is now twice this Dougal has did me wrong.  Elladan and I start to go to Rangers vale, so Elladan can pray, when I get a bad feeling and a "avator" appears  wounded severly  from a whip (guess who).  She tells us Ireth is dead.  Asks if I wish to see the body of Ireth.  Which I do, so she takes us, after a stranger with wings heals the "avator" slighty. At the location Ireth body lays, this "avator" raises Ireth just after she whines about hurting her love if she did raise Ireth.  Yes I said whine, this "avator" is obsessed with power, and herself.  She makes small references of Blood and evil causes, but I think she just envys Blood, wants his powers, wants to be a god.  I think this "avator" is more of a evil than Blood is!   Well this "avator" sends Ireth, Elladan, this winged man, and myself back to Hlint.  We talk for hours, Ireth thinks she failed her task because this Dougal killed her.  We tell others of what happened, while standing there near Hlint, Master Argos comes up to me with some nuggets I asked for, he also tells me he seen this strange man in Haven.  A man carry a whip.  I excuse myself from the group, and ask Master Argos to show me.  We looked for hours, but did not find him.  Master Argos has seen Blood once, face to face, and killed Master Argos.  Now I have my sworn enemy in this Dougal, which if the talk is true is nothing more than a man, who can die by my blade!  Train, I must become better, to kill this this this Dougal!  
Ireth was in bed when I got home, brother was on the couch, I woke him and told him I needed his help tomorrow, he went to his room.  As I climbed into bed, Ireth told me she loved me and wanted to prove it.  Who was to say no *grins*.  You know, she must trust me, we must become better at our skills, we must kill Dougal, we, not I, nor her, but we!

blfarris

• Followers of Dorand
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2005, 05:15:00 pm »
I woke from a pleasent nights rest to a beautiful wife, friend, and lover.  The feeling is one I just can not explain, one must experience it on thier own.  So happy, so full of energy, a day to enjoy with Ireth.  A picnic, to enjoy the waterfall, yes a picnic, to enjoy each other.  Let today be about us, not I, nor him or her, but us.  No mining, no crafting, no hunting, just a pleasent day in all.  Watch the sun rise, and watch it set, just a very us day.

blfarris

• Followers of Dorand
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2005, 06:26:00 am »
So depressed ... wife wants to save the world, yet all she asks me to do is hug her.  

Ireth is poisoned, must beg for cure from Dougal ... oh mighty Dougal ... what must I do to cure Ireth, be your servent for life ... NOT gonna happen chump

All these powerful ego gods, avatars, people ... kill him, kill her, kill kill kill

Is there no one in this world that can stop theses evil gods and evil avatars and evil people?

I can not even get iron without begging others to help, ogres kill me easy
so what am to do to help?  
Simple armorsmith, not intelligent, not wise
All I want to do is grow old and enjoy life with my wife
Dougal says that cant happen ... she dies trying to save him, or she is turned undead if he cures her ... what is the point any more

So everyone keeps telling me "a sword is not the answer" well if it is not, then some one better get the fat old wise men off their arses and do something

I was told to train Ireth, but "train" is so broad, no clue to what or how ... and even the powerful bard just *shrugs*

came and get me ogres ... I have had enough

blfarris

• Followers of Dorand
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2005, 05:26:00 pm »
I am jealous, I admit it!  I don't want to share, no one has a right no one.  That makes me selfish, so be it.  But I am going to try, try to understand, try to do the right thing, will not be easy, no it will not be easy at all, but I am going to try.  Now to figure out how to help, I know she asks for me to support her, if I can keep my big mouth shut and just figure out how to help her train.  But train for what?  Train her to use a dagger or bow.  Or maybe to set a trap, or unlock something.  She is pretty good at sneaking, Elladan and I seen this already.  I must not give her any more greif, I must help.  But how?  
To smelt is so easy, put the ore in the forge, stoke the air flow some, get the heat up, remove the ore, beat the carbon off, insert  ore back into the forge to heat it  up some more, remove ore and remove last of the carbon, and shape into ingots for future use.  So easy, yet so hard I guess.  But what should do to help her?  She started to learn to smelt, she is rather good for a beginner.  Makes me proud.  One day, to have our own forge, not to make her work in it, but now she knows first hand the joy of making something from the ore, and the pain of failing and wasting the ore.  Not many wives could say that about thier husband's work.  I am really proud to say my wife is a good smelter!

blfarris

• Followers of Dorand
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2005, 08:56:00 am »
A letter is left on the bed ... on the letter is rough handwriting with the name Ireth ...

the note inside reads ...

these times are troubled and these times are good
and they're always gonna be, they rise and they fall
we take 'em all the way that we should
together you and me forsaking them all
deep in the night and by the light of day
it always looks the same, true love always does
and here by your side, or a million miles away
nothin's ever gonna change the way that I feel,
the way it is, is the way that it was

when I said I do, I meant that I will 'til the end of all time
be faithful and true, devoted to you

that's what I had in mind when I said I do

well this world keeps changin', and the world stays the same
for all who came before, and it goes hand and hand
only you and I can undo all that we became
that makes us so much more, than a woman and a man
and after everything that comes and goes around
has only passed us by, here alone in our dreams
I know there's a lonely heart in every lost and found
but forever you and I will be the ones
who found out what forever means

when I said I do, I meant that I will 'til the end of all time
be faithful and true, devoted to you
that's what I had in mind when I said I do
truer than true, you know that I'll always be there for you
that's what I had in mind, that's what I had in mind,
When I said I do

blfarris

• Followers of Dorand
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2005, 04:31:00 am »
Brit left the house to gather meat to cook in the oven since the supplies were low in the house.  When he returned he was about to enter the house, when he was told Ireth had given birth.  He was so happy a daughter.  He was then told that the child was not his, he became angry.  He was told the child had no father, then anger went away.  He went to Hlint to seek his wife, when we entered town he was spit upon, told he was a barbarian for what he did to Ireth, he was confused.  Brit decided to stay in the shadows and see what was going on.  He seen Ireth holding the child, and a new male staying close to her.  Ireth and others traveled to Fort Llast, Brit watched and followed.  Ireth then went to Hlint, he was going to stop and talk to her, but was reminded that she tells everyone she hates him.  So he stay out of site.  For more than a month now, Ireth stays with this Paladin.  Ireth it appears has a new bed warmer, Kai, Mith, Brit, now this one.  Yet everytime Brit is spotted in Hlint, he is run out.  People call him the beast, the barbarian.  Brit decided to go to the Barbarian Islands to get away.  

// OOC - if someone searchs for Brit, they will not find him, yet if they look hard enough they will find someone or something has been setting a campfire in one of the corners of Raven Watch.

blfarris

• Followers of Dorand
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2005, 12:27:00 pm »
Brit hands the last of his gold and two letters to the ship captain at the dock*

Letter delivered to Pendar from Postmaster Vale, *and Pendar notices a letter addressed to Ireth in Postmasters Vale other hand*

Pendar,

I have left Hlint and Mistone, will I be back, from time to time, to gather supplies, but not for very long indeed.  I will guess you know Ireth left me, not sure why, as I was warned to stay away from her.  Hope you are well, and hope you stay in good health.  

*way down at bottom of letter, as if he put his name on the letter first*

Brit

*Brit sits for over two hours, and can not come up with anything else to say to Pendar*
*Folds letter and prepares it for delivery*

Second letter delivered by Postmaster Vale

Letter to Ireth,

I guess you have left me.  Not sure why? Others in Hlint find it necessary to call me beast and barbarian when they seen me, they run me out of Hlint, so I left to become a barbarian as I was called.  I was warned not to come near you or I would be killed, and I am not strong enough to fight this one, so I did as I was instructed.  I guess you are happy ...

*way down at bottom of letter, as if he put his name on the letter first*

Brit

*Folds letter and prepares it for delivery*

blfarris

• Followers of Dorand
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2005, 06:44:00 am »
The ship captain in Raven Watch finds Brit lying next to a cold campfire.  The captain knows Brit as he has traveled with him a lot of late, when he tries to wake Brit, he realizes he can not.  The captain knows there was someone looking for Brit, at least Brit acted scared and alone, so the captain decides to take the body and bury it at sea.  When the captain picks up the body, a note falls from Brit's hand.  The note is addressed to one Pendar.  Well it would be nice of the captain to send this letter on, Brit never did anything wrong toward the captain.

Poatmaster Vale delievers a letter to Pendar
if Pendar reads the letter he finds it to read as following ....

Pendar,
It is so cold here, I travel to Leilon and back many times, to fish near Blackford for food and return to this Barbarian place.  No one attacks me here, no one threatens me here, just so cold here.  I hope you are well.  I do not see me coming to Hlint anytime soon.  I had to sell my armor and weapons for food, which is ok, quiet place this is.  I better remember to add some wood to the fire, the fire is almost out, hate for it to go out while I sleep.  I have not seen anyone for days, seems I am more hated than I thought.  I still dont know what I did wrong for such hate.  I am going to talk to the ship captain about a job, he has seen me a lot of late, he may give me employment, I should do this tomor *a line goes across the page as the letter stops*

In the middle of the page different handwriting ....

Sir Pendar, this is the ship captain in Raven Watch, I found this note on Brit and thought it best to send it on to you.  Brit died in his sleep of cold, his fire went out.  I took the liberty of burying him at sea, as Brit seemed scared of someone.  Now this someone can not harm him anymore.  I know of this event, and now you sir, maybe it best that no others know, Brit was always looking over his shoulder, even on my ship while at sea.  But you may know best to tell others ....

anything