The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Can I have a 'mature' themed background?  (Read 53 times)

Lord Trueblood

• View Profile
    Can I have a 'mature' themed background?
    « on: October 03, 2005, 11:21:00 pm »
    Hey guys. I'm here for the first time and I would like to play one of the characters that I have developed a bit over the years. It is a female character in her late teens that has grown up in an abusive family setting.  What I would like to know is how 'mature' of a theme is too much? I don't intend on getting all graphic with the abuse and all, just that it had and has happened in the past. Also after having to go off into the world after shes abandoned turns tricks for a while in a inn's 'upstairs' brothel. Is this type of stuff allowed in story backgrounds? If not I can change it without to much problem. Thanks a lot.

I don't see this as coming up in everyday conversation and games, but it explains here attitude and general life policies.

Dezza

RE: Can I have a 'mature' themed background?
    « Reply #1 on: October 04, 2005, 12:31:00 am »
    Basically if you consider this is a family server it should indicate what is and whats not appropriate to discuss. Certainly the idea and concept of what she did can be carried across without any graphic detail and such and thus is certainly alright.

Best idea is to read some of the character submissions to see what others have done. Many may elude to having terrible pasts and engaging in wanton acts to survive and such.

Hope that helps some :)

anything