The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Cire's Tiny Topic  (Read 93 times)

Omega_mnm

• View Profile
    Cire's Tiny Topic
    « on: March 09, 2007, 11:39:28 am »
    Perry Sparks is my name.. I once lived on the islands of the Serpents, along with the rest of my peoples. Until one day..

The beasts were moving towards or little shire, in the woods. I could hear them tromping through the woods nearby. I guess I never really figured out what the creatures were... but they destroyed everything in their path.
    I was just coming back from a hunting some rabbits for dinner.
    Fear seized me when I heard the creatures.. I paused a moment, and then bolted away, as fast as my little legs could carry me. I ran to a cave, where I often stayed on my camping trips in the woods. Sometimes I'd spend days out there, all by myself.. I'd hunt for food, and just enjoy the peace I found in my solace there.
    I reached the cave, quite out of breath. I ducked inside quickly, hoping nothing had heard me and followed me.
    I proceeded to make a barricade at the entrance of the cave, with the firewood I had stocked up in the cave. After making as strong a defense as I knew how, I took a few spare sticks and began making a small fire. I lay awake all night that night, fearing what might have happened to my beloved home, and my friends and family. I roasted a bit of the rabbit I had hunted down earlier that day, and had supper. It wasn't until early the next morning, that I drifted off to sleep for a short time.

I awoke a couple hours later, still not feeling any more rested than I did before. I pulled down a little bit of the wood, and climbed out of the cave. I glanced around, and at seeing nothing, I began making my way, carefully through the woods towards my village. All the while, expecting to be surprised by some crazed beast.
    I came to the edge of a clearing, only a short way from the village.. I looked up through the hole in the tree canopy, and my heart sank. Several large pillars of smoke rose slowly through the cold morning sky.
    I began to run.. I reached the edge of the forest in minutes, and looked on at what I saw...

The beasts had slaughtered everyone. The bodies of my family and friends, littered the ground. Most mutilated beyond recognition. I shrieked as I saw one of the beasts stir.. He walked out from behind a burning pile of rubble, that once used to be a building, just a short ways away.
    I quickly ducked behind the trees, and stood still. The creature had heard my shriek and began nosing his way over to my position. He snorted loudly, sniffing all around. When finally he got too close for comfort, I bolted away from my hiding spot, and ran back the direction I had come.

The creature was right behind me, I could hear it's snorts and heavy breathing as it tried to keep up with me, as I ran through a tangle of branches and vines, trying hopelessly to lose it, or atleast slow it down. Every now and then I would feel it's hot breath on me, and I would bolt off all the faster.
    Atlast! The cave was in sight! I mustered the last bit of my strength, and pushed myself to full sprint. Vines and twigs swatted at my face as I ran, leaving cuts and bruises where they struck me.
    I reached the cave and dove in through the small hole I had made earlier. The beast hit the wall with a *THUD* and made a terrible sound of discomfort. I into the back of the cave and tried to hide myself. The beast tried to tear down the wall I had made.. but apparently I was better at making walls than I thought. The beast finally gave up and stopped pawing at it once it realized how small the entrance was. I hadn't thought of that... I was perfectly safe! There was no way that beast could fit into this cave!
    I giggled to myself in spite of the intensity of the moment. I relaxed a little and began looking around for some more spare twigs to relight the bed of coals laying where my fire had been the night before.

I got the fire going, but it was then that I realized.. I had eatin' almost the whole rabbit the night before, and I had no food stocked in my little cave. I began to worry about how long I would be able to stay in this cave.
    I began rationalizing that I could probably sneak out and find some food to kill once things had settled down. With that thought in mind, I settled down to my rabbit stew I had cooked up from a pouch of herbs I had, and some water from my canteen. Thank goodness I had atleast left a cooking pot in the cave.
    After eating I began pulling various splinters from where they had been lodged, by my crazed sprint through the woods. I also took a few of the herbs I had and made a simple healing salve for the cuts and bruises.

I went to the entrance of the cave later that afternoon, and peered out. I jumped back quickly, seeing that the monsters was still settled outside, lying on the ground, watching the entrance.. just waiting for me to come out.
    At this I began to worry again.. what would happen if I could not get out to find food? Surely the beast would leave eventually.. but what if it didn't?

2 days past, and the creature still lay outside. I was beginning to wonder how long it could survive without finding food for itself.. and worrying much more about how long I would survive without food! It had been nearly a day and a half without any food! I tried passing the time by carving things out of the twigs and sticks in the cave.. but it was hard, only having the sharp edge of a rock to whittle with, and very little light.

.....5 days later.....

I lay on the floor of the cave, weak with hunger and thirst. My water had run out a couple days before, and I could feel my body slowly edging towards my inevitable fate. The beast outside... it was still there! It hadn't moved hardly at all!
    I had all but given up hope by now.. there was no way I was going to get out of this alive.. even if the creature did move now.. I would not have the stamina to hunt something down, or go foraging for food.. and what if it came back once I got out? Then I would certainly be dead when I came back!

I drifted off to a restless sleep. Nightmares plagued my weary mind. All I could see was darkness... not a hope in the world.
    I awoke a couple hours later.. I lay awake on the floor, feeling miserable. I peered out, in the hopes that the creature might be gone. But the creature was still sitting outside.
    Suddenly, a large creature dressed in dark clothing, and wore a black hood over it's head, darted from behind a tree. It seemed to appear out of nowhere! She jumped towards the creature, weapons drawn... I fell backwards at the surprise, and landed flat on my back on the floor... I apparently hit my head and was knocked out.

.....2 weeks later.....

My eyes opened, and I saw before me, a VERY large hooded creature......

To make a very long story short.. I discovered the creature to be a human! She had rescued me from the cave and nursed me back to health.
    Over the months I grew to trust the human, and swore an oath to aid her in any way I could, until death take one of us by the hand, and lead us to another plane.
    My new mistress traveled from place to place.. I stayed in the her house when she would go adventuring.. as I was still recovering physically and mentally from the experience in the cave. I spent my time learning to cook, and kept all of my mistress's belongings in a clean, orderly fashion. She never seemed to miss a chance at sneaking in on me after one of her adventures, and giving me a good fright. Then we'd laugh and carry on about her wild stories.

Either way.. as time went on, my mistress began noticing my magic skills.. I had learned some basic magic tricks when I was younger, and had at one point been trained to focus the powers that flowed inside me. I was told I was born with a natural talent for magic. and after regaining my strength, she offered to take me on her adventures with her. I thought it through for a few days, then agreed happily. It so happens that tomorrow is my first adventure with my mistress! Though I must say.. I think I shall stick to the house a while longer. I still have a bit of studying to do, and I don't quite feel myself yet.

((I'm not going to bother rewriting this post, into the usual accent of Cire.. but the following logs, will be written in a manner befitting his style of speach.))

Omega_mnm

• View Profile
      Re: Cire's Tiny Topic
      « Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 11:52:54 am »
      I wents on an adventure with me mistress today! She's so fun... I likes her alot. But anyways!~ We wents to kill some lizard thingies outside the big human city place! I thinks they call it 'empstead.
      Speakin' of adventures.. I went out explorin' wif some peoples.. blast my easily distracted mind, I can' be rememberin' their names.. But.. I remembers there was a reeallly scary guy. 'e 'ad a 'ood on like me mistress wears! 'e was all mysterious and stuffs.
      We kills some big smelly stuffs.. I think they called trolls? But Is got to watch the fireball spell being cast several times. I thinks I've almost go that trick down! I tried earlier and singed me robe a little. Guess tha's 'hat Is be gettin' for tryin' teh use a trick I ain'ts learned yet.

I's so amazed.. I met me mistresses wuver today! hehe! 'e's nice.. 'e's sneaky 'bout stealin' kisses too apparently. Atleast tha's what me mistress said.
      Me mistress showed me 'er swords too! WOW! They's so big! They's scary too... they all glowy red and stuffs. I's not sure whut dat means.... but I thinks it means 'hat 'ey are really powerful.

I's still feelin' a little weak in the knees from.... well.. I's not really wantin' to talks about dat no more.. anyways, I's seemin' teh get stronger. I can takes down a couple o' dems lizard thingies all by myself! I's startin' teh get the 'ang o' dese powers me daddy past down teh me. Is hard though... I's really gots teh focus on 'hat I'm doin, else I get meself 'urt. And I thinks everyone knows I ain'ts the most focused.. hehe!

Oh wells.. times teh go now. I gots lots o' things teh be doin'.

Omega_mnm

• View Profile
        « Reply #2 on: March 14, 2007, 07:34:13 pm »
        ((These next few posts, are to cover what happened within' the last week. I didn't post them before, as the forums were going down.))

I met some new peoples today.. I'm not so sure I likes them. I gets so frustrated... it seems like nobody can take me serious. They all be thinkin' I'm jus' some cute lil brownie fellow. And they all seems teh be thinkin' I'm some frail lil man, who they 'ave a duty to protect..
        Well I's be 'avin' enough o' it. I ain'ts some lil child! I'm nearly 27 drn it!

I don't know what's teh be doin'.. seems like every time I tries teh be nice teh some one..everyone jus' be assumin' tha' I's some nice lil guy, jus' doin' 'is part.
        Why can'ts nobody be takin' me serious? Why's I always bein' looked down on like I'm fragile, jus' cause I be short..?
        I thinks I gonna be goin' teh meditate fer a while.. I feels the powers within' me growin'... I's learnin' to control it better too! I can cast a decent selection o' spells now..

Omega_mnm

• View Profile
          « Reply #3 on: March 14, 2007, 07:43:18 pm »
          I gots teh se me mistresses swords today.. They's scary... they big and glowy reds.
          Yet.. somehow I can't seems teh stop lookin' at them. *shrugs* I guess they looks cool er somethin'.

I's alot 'appier today than I was when I last wrote. I's not sure what 'appened teh me.. I guess I just be gettin' tired o' people lookin' at me as a small useless lil man.
          I shouldn't be lettin' it bother me so much.. But sometimes it jus' be gettin' drn annoyin'.

I learned teh extend me spell a bit further today.. I can make three missles o' energy now!!
          I know is not much.. but I's 'appy for any progress I be makin'.

I met a lady named Tallia todays. She's kinda.... I dun wanna be sayin' wierd.. cause she seems real nice. Bu' she definitely... well I dunno 'ow teh be sayin' it.. cept tha' she's real scared o' somethin'.
          I tries teh be nice teh 'er and 'elp 'er teh stop bein' scared... I's not sure if'n it be 'elpin' much though.. she still seemed teh be real scared o' somethin'.
          Per'aps I'll see 'er around again, and I can see why she so scared.. who knows.

Omega_mnm

• View Profile
            « Reply #4 on: March 14, 2007, 07:56:34 pm »
            I's gettin' better with me spell practice and meditation.. I've almost learned teh cast tha' fireball spell I's been workin' on.
            Well.. no' almost I guess... but I's gettin' better.

I wents on an adventure with me mistress today.. it was quite an adventure. There be somethin' disturbin' me though..
            It seems the more I's around me mistress and 'er friends..... the easier it is teh be lettin' things make me angry. I's startin' to get really annoyed at peoples comments about me bein' short and cute. I like bein' friendly and nice... but ¤¤¤¤ it all.. I ain'ts some little kitten! Seems the more I think about it.. the more I begin teh 'ate these peoples around 'empstead. They's gettin' teh be real annoyin'.

I can't be figurin' it out.. the more I be lookin' at me mistresses swords.. the more I be fascinated with um.. I can't seem teh take me eyes off of um.
            I don't think she noticed yet.. but it worries me.
            What's so fascinatin' about red glowy stuff? I dunno.. but whenever I see 'er fightin', and I see those blades flyin' through the air... somethin' inside me wants teh just reach out an' touch the energies... Though I be knowin' better... tha' energy be 'avin' a blade be'ind it.
            I went teh Dur's 'ouse today. It was amazin'! It was so big and nice...
            Bu' besides bein' big and nice.. there was a picture in the main 'all, of shadows, an' a moonlight night.
            There was somethin' totally entrappin' about that picture. The shadows seemed so alive, an' real! I fealt like I could jump inteh the picture, and forever be lost in it's darkness...

Listen teh me.. I gots teh stop lettin' me mistress's friends effect me like this. Ever since I came teh this place, and started adventurin' with me mistress and 'er companions.. I's been actin' wierd, and feelin' wierd.
            But jus' the same.. I couldn't stop starin' at that picture.. I think me mistress mighta noticed, but when she asked.. I jus' denied me interest in it. I guess I fealt like I was jus' givin' into somethin' tha' wasn't really a part o' me.. an' I didn't want teh be copyin' me mistress.. oh wells.. I jus' need teh go clear me 'ead I guess.