The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Dawn for Rofirein's paladin  (Read 54 times)

coachterry

• View Profile
    Dawn for Rofirein's paladin
    « on: April 24, 2006, 05:44:48 pm »
    There was new growth, tonight.  I seem to have found a "fighting friend" in Cedric Tornay.  It is good to stand shoulder-to-shoulder and know that a friend fights beside you.  We ventured into the Sielwood caves for copper ore, and were almost overwhelmed a couple of times; nevertheless, nuggets were axed out and wounds were healed (I really must remember to restock my first aid kits!!).
    Another part of this quartet was Kesa.  I like her syle, yet am often rebuffed by her curt sarcasm (I seem to bring that attitude out in the strong females of this community ... how would my mother or twin sister explain this ongoing dilemma?).  She appears human, yet claims to worship Prunilla.  Thank Rofirein that Jennara was there to counsel me concerning my hesitancy to interact with a disciple of a deity that our temple was unfriendly with.  As she so capably pointed out, we should judge each individual's worthiness on their actions & deeds, not on any constellation's premises.  She is certainly an outstanding warrior, and deserves respect and admiration for her abilities.
    Then, there is the matter of the fourth member ... much to my surprise, Rhynn!  Such a mercurial spirit!  One never knows whether soothing rays of sunshine or stunning bolts of flame will project from her eyes & smile.  Seems to be a curse that I must bear, coming under the influence of beautiful weavers that enjoy callously flipping my "coin of destiny."  Yet, she was effective in our cave confrontations (although she never thanked me for guarding her sleep or chopping kobolds from around her) and lessened her verbal jabs ... at least, until our return.  Jennara indicates that I should beware of her volatile nature ... can one truly hug an inferno?  Or is this how Ilsare's passions consume one's rational composure?  
    Oh yes, I must make a quick note that I have been warned by Pendar (a very sophisticated merchant) that my Tegan has a "partner" who would willingly & easily "cut me to ribbons."  It all grows so complex ... I yearn for the simple life of the forest - and my mother and my sister.  May Rofirein guide my heart in this female enigma!?!
    Then, there is Maev O'Leary, a paladin of Toran!  Could this be a more preferable alternative to the mysterious, unstable weavers that have tossed my affections about so carelessly?  She offers much to be admired; I hope to adventure with her again.
    And then, there is Jennara!!  Never did I ever imagine that a Knight of the Wyrm would come in such a tiny package!  But, the calm confidence and perceptive explanations show a power and wisdom of unworldly dimensions.  I was sorely conflicted in refusing her offer to go to Pranzis at that moment ... my body & soul were exhausted from the days battles (with kobolds & with women) and I was forced to rest, meditate, and recuperate.  Hopefully, she will still be in Hlint when I head out today!
    I must ask her about this Golden paladin named Caighal that Tegan mentioned.