The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Dear Mother by Marvis Tinderbark  (Read 110 times)

AeonBlues

Dear Mother by Marvis Tinderbark
« on: June 18, 2006, 04:40:37 pm »
*Written in Halfling dialect*

Dear Mother,

I hope this letter finds you.  I don’t know about the postal people, they even hire me on occasion.  I hope you and father are well, and mice are not giving you too much trouble in our tree house.

Great and epic events are now shaping my life.  I was summoned before a great dragon.  I swear to you mother, by all the ancients that this is true.  The dragon explained to me that an evil man named bloodstone seeks to enslave all our people.  By his plan, we ghostwise would live in caves, digging coal, copper, and gem stones, until we looked more like goblins.  It is a good thing that I follow the wisdom of our ancients, and their experience shows me that this is a path I must follow.

I made some friends.  I met a gnome fellow named Rend.  Like myself, Rend seems a bit lost among all the hustle and bustle of these tallings.  He introduced me to a talling, who seems a bit human and a bit elf, named Finola’ Shadwreath.   Together we go out, helping local towns folk with their problems, and Finola’ likes to pick copper that she uses to make arrows.  She is a nice talling lady, she showed me where to find a Arabic gum, which I use to make my self invisible.  That is a neat trick der.

Another talling, who was a sad woman named Abigail, told me about fishing.  Fishes are animals that live in rivers and pools and things.  It is a very meditative way to get food.  Why all these people want to fight wars, when alls they have to do is lie around and fish, is beyond me.  These tallings are very obvious and simple, yet mysterious and complex at the same time.

I will be ok dough, don’t you worry none about me.

Your loving son,

Marvis

anything