The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: The Grimoire of Kali Syndani  (Read 292 times)

kenty191

The Grimoire of Kali Syndani
« on: March 17, 2006, 03:41:45 pm »
[SIZE=16]*You glance upon the black leather bound tome before you. It seems almost ethereal as you examine the symbols seemingly scattered randomly over its cover. The book is rather unusual and makes you feel slightly uncomfortable as you look closer, yet an undenyable energy seems to beckon to you from within it.*[/SIZE][/b]

kenty191

RE: The Grimoire of Kali Syndani
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2006, 04:02:34 pm »
*You open the cover, with a great sence of exitement and also a deep unerving feeling in the back of your mind. The pages inside are of the finest quality parchment and a flowing script of deep purple ink covers the page.*  It has been little over a month since I arrived here in Hlint. In that time I have found the town to be agreeable enough, though rather quiant compared with my home, Leilon.  One of the first peculiarities of this place I noted was the vast majority of elves which walk its streets. Though I do not usually get on with those of elven blood, I have kept my thoughts to myself for the most part, and those I have met seem reasonable enough, though to trust them I would be a fool.  Within a few weeks I had completed a few simple tasks for the townsfolk, and with the aid of Loki and my magic I was able to best a few stray goblins on the outskirts of Hlint. Soon after I arrived I met a human by the name of Dervish.  Dervish intruiges me it must be said. He is not your straightforward fighter, prefering to stick to the shadows, and he seems to enjoy any illusions I can cast upon him. His grin and the way he acts seems to sometimes draw me in, even his manner of speaking is interesting. Many times I have found myself lost for words at the blunt remarks that spew from his mouth, not that I showed it of course. My mother always said, give as good as you get, and I certainly do that.  We have spent quite some time together now, after venturing into the sewers together and in the goblin caves along with a fellow wizard named Tolec. Now theres a strange little fellow. It seems he is a goblin. but he is most unlike those of the Red Light clan near Hlint. Tolec is a formiddable mage, and his power is truly amazing. I hope soon to be able to cast spells of a higher circle as he does.  It seems perhaps this place isn't so boring after all...

kenty191

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2006, 06:52:07 pm »
Today was a very unusual day. After some goblin hunting in the afternoon, I decided to head back to the camp near Hlint. There I met Tolec, who said he was testing out his spells using poor Dervish as a subject! Soon after the one eyed man appeared, and as he spoke I again felt myself drawn in by his every word.  It was then that Dervish gave me a red rose. In that moment I felt emotions I had never felt before. Since my waste of a father left, I have had little time for men. Ironic really that Dervish be the stealthy quick talker much like my father was. Yet look where that got my mother.  I must be careful to not let my feelings for Dervish cloud my judgement...not that I even have feelings. *the author seems uncertain* In any case, our brief moment was shaken by Tolec who once again let loose with the magics, this time with me and Dervish as test subjects.  My moment ruined, I flew into quite a rage with the little goblin. Tolec maintains he did not mean any harm and gave me a beautful ring as a token of his remorse. I could not stay mad with him for long, so I accepted the gift and I have put the events behind me.  Still the events with Dervish linger in my mind. I have not known this man long, but sometimes I feel I have known him for a long time...ravings of a lunatic no doubt...I must be careful not to loose sight of logic...

kenty191

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2006, 06:43:17 am »
I have been in the woods surrounding the outskirts of Hlint for some time now. Since my last meeting with Dervish, I have thought of little else. How could I have let myself become so weak over a man? Perhaps I am destined to follow in my poor mothers footsteps? Ensnared by the strong grasp of a man, drawn in by his kind words and sly smile to the point where I now longer follow my own heart but his? I do not know if that is what I want for my future, but in my time here in the woods I cannot help the fact I miss him terribly.   Strange really, our encounters thus far have been relatively few, yet this irrational yearning seems to grip my very soul. In all my time in Leilon I never felt like this about another, perhaps it was the intense study Drake instructed me to undertake? I never truly had time for anyone else accept my mother, and for nothing more than my magic. Yet now my mother is no longer with us...I feel a void that no magic can fill. As much as independance is a virtue, at the expense of happiness it is a flaw in my eyes. Though I must be wary of the wiles of men, and in particular Dervish, I must also not deny myself companionship, especially when it seems so all consuming as this one is.  No doubt Dervish will be wondering where I am by now. I have not shown my face in Hlint for a week. Instead I have sat here under the soft canopy of trees, constantly scrying for any insight into the best path for me to take. Yet many of my attempts have failed, and those that have worked have given me contradictory advice. It seems whatever this feeling is I must see it through myself, without the aid of magic.   It is time to face Dervish and ride whatever this feeling is for as long as it will take me... Yet I cannot help but feel powerless, a feeling I vowed I would never experience again after my childhood...  *the young woman closes the book, collects her scrying mirror and insence and steps tentatively out of the woods towards the camp fire outside of Hlint. Her face looks determined yet there is a softness in her eyes which is not usually present*  

kenty191

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2006, 12:36:11 pm »
[FONT='Book Antiqua']Well these past few weeks have been eventful to say the least. It has been a week now since me and Dervish made our way to the peak near the Haven mines. A beautiful place, and every moment I spent there with him is now engrained into my mind.[/FONT][/b][/i][FONT='Book Antiqua']  [FONT='Book Antiqua']Dervish is mysterious to the last; every part of his past intrigues me. The way he smiles slyly, constantly testing the boundaries with me is quite exhilarating. As we sat upon the peak, he asked me the most bizarre question. He asked if I would ever betray him. While I was taken back by this strange query, in that same moment I also knew I never would.[/FONT]  [FONT='Book Antiqua']Since that moment we have been fairly inseparable. Each time we kiss, I feel light headed, as if magic is pouring through my very soul. When I'm around him, my powers seem to grow, I am quite certain. It is as though my euphoria is somehow empowering my spells....Perhaps I am being foolish?[/FONT]  [FONT='Book Antiqua']Together with Dervish, Farros, Jay, Rak and various other well seasoned adventurers we travelled to deliver a letter to farmer Johan who lived on a distant continent. The journey was tough, and we faced Griffons as well as giant ants, yet we managed to delivery the letter safely.[/FONT]  [FONT='Book Antiqua']Soon after we met another farmer. He told us how scarecrows were ruining his livelihood and how dangerous they were. The group set off to tackle these hay monstrosities. The battle was difficult, the scarecrows ambushed us as we entered the fields, but we triumphed.[/FONT]  [FONT='Book Antiqua']Dervish fights without thought. Rushing head on into terrible danger, my heart jumps as I see him lunge forward, blade drawn. I feel such a desire to protect him now; in fact I have even started to prepare my spells for his wellbeing, even to the detriment of myself! I am shocked this man has made such an impact on me...[/FONT]  [FONT='Book Antiqua']Afterwards we journeyed to the Ajari swamps, there we met hundreds of trolls. My spells seem to have grown in power, and I was able to summon great balls of electricity to fry those in my path. Yet it was not enough...[/FONT]  [FONT='Book Antiqua']We were ambushed by what seemed like fifty trolls. Fearful for my life I used an illusion to cloak myself from their sight, but Dervish was cut down by the beasts....[/FONT]  [FONT='Book Antiqua']I flew into a terrible rage, one which I have never felt before. My desire for vengeance was overwhelming and I immediately prepared myself heavily with offensive magics. The raw power at my command was unlike anything I have felt before, as I ploughed into the remaining trolls, I had only one wish...to see them dead.[/FONT]  [FONT='Book Antiqua']My magic soon waned and I was left defenceless...luckily the others mustered their strength to beat down the remaining trolls. We survived, barely.[/FONT]  [FONT='Book Antiqua']It was some days before Dervish wondered back to us...the soul mother had taken a heavy toll on him. His once vibrant face, replaced by a hollow expression. My pain grew as I saw the look in his eye. It was then it was decided we would help him back to his grave, so he could reflect on his death.[/FONT]  [FONT='Book Antiqua']Heading back into the swamp, my magics refuelled I took down a few trolls, though nothing compared with what the others did. We eventually made it back to the sight of Dervish's death.[/FONT]  [FONT='Book Antiqua']It took many hours for him to come to terms with what had happened. Yet when he did the change was instantaneous. Some time later we ventured back from the dangers of the swamps and headed back towards Hlint and to relative safety...[/FONT]  [FONT='Book Antiqua']I hope soon for another adventure such as this. Hopefully Dervish will still be at my side...[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/b]

kenty191

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2006, 06:38:40 am »
Today I have seen great evil...I have touched it and felt it with every pore of my body... What this dark force is, I do not know...but for the brief moments it was with me, it seemed to show me it's intentions. It is coming...I fear soon enough it will be here, though what its ultimate plans are remain a mystery to me, even as I sit here recalling the whole event.  Not until I understand what this entity is, or how to shield myself from its darkness..will I use the channel I have been trained to open again. Until now the channel has been safe, myself and Dervish were able to use it to speak with one another across huge physical distances. At first I was rather amazed by his intellect as such a channel is hard to maintain, yet Derv seemed to manage it fairly easily dispite a few vague messages.   Last week though, Derv called out to me, his thoughts echoed in my mind. Sensing he was in danger, I immediately opened a channel to speak with him, but this time his voice was faint in my mind. Barely audible, and along with his weak voice a sense of overwelming fear gripped at me.  Petrified by what I thought may have happened to the only man I have ever truly cared about, I did what Drake, my mentor said never to do. By focusing my intent I was able to expend some of my spell power and increase my link with the channel, in the hopes of getting a clear location from Dervish.  It was then that it happened...  I saw what can only be described as a gaping mouth, full of razor sharp teeth...it opened beneath me ready to consume me and all the ground around me. Further around me I noticed masses of dark armoured figures looming in the distance. It seemed as if an army we're descending upon me, getting closer with each second.  I hurried to close the channel, but it was too late. The darkness consumed me, I felt it surge inside me. Nothing more I remember until I was found by Derv, scared I could do nothing but sob in his arms for an hour afterwards.  His arms wrapped around me and his soothing touch on my neck calmed my soul, until once again I felt truly myself. Yet I can't help but think there is something still with me from that day...I loose seconds sometimes minutes of thought...when I return I have found myself a few steps ahead of where I once was...  Something is not right with me...I can feel it...

kenty191

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2006, 02:02:58 am »
It took me again last night. This 'thing' that sits inside my mind, waiting for a door to be set free.   The last thing I remember is heading for a cave below the earth, just west of the Haven mines. When I eventually came back into consciousness I was lying face down in the forest, I remember travelling through not an hour before with Zug and of course, my sweetheart, Dervish.  The next few hours are hazy at best now. I have thought of nothing else since. It seems I once again 'changed' somehow, no doubt looking like hell itself. Every second of my waking thoughts since then seem shared, with this darkness. I have no doubt it is getting stronger. Its control over me is to such an extent I have no power against it. When it takes over I can do naught but surrender. Fighting it drains me terribly and it seems to only empower it further.  Dervish said I....*pauses* it, even threatened him. The man I feel for more than anyone...if he were to come to harm from this thing I would never forgive myself. I must find a way to understand what is happening to me as soon as possible.  I have decided to head to Leilon. I will see Drake, my mentor and ask for his guidance. Though he set me free from that life, with all this trouble I now find myself in, I must return. His knowledge of the arcane is great, and he even knows some details on the art of demon summoning. It seems his expertise may be more potent in this problem than any others...

kenty191

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2006, 03:57:04 am »
It has been months since my last entry here, and for much of that time I have been a recluse. I had no wish to injure myself but more importantly any of those I care for so deeply, Derv more so than any other. During my time in solitude I had researched and looked over my grimoire many times in the hopes of finding someway to banish this presence, or if not banish at least contain it.   Shortly after my last 'possession' I met a woman named Tegan. She seemed well versed in the arcane arts, more so than myself. The kind mage cast a ward upon my body to drive back evil. Instantly the darkness lifted and with it came a clarity for what I must do. Tegan said this spell was often referred to as 'Protection from Evil', a rather fitting name I thought given its impact on the dark shadow which now cohabits with me in my own body.  After this meeting I searched for hours deep in pages of long forgotten spell scrolls and sifted through many reagents I have long since discarded in the hopes of finding a similar spell to what Tegan cast. After days of relentless searching I stumbled upon a crumpled page, which had become dislodged and lay in the back cover of my spell book.  At last I have the spell needed to bind this evil. Though the one I have memorized is a less powerful version than the one Tegan cast it surely keeps away the darkness for at least one day. It is then necessary to cast it again the next. I hope that this binding will hold, but I am filled with renewed hope, a feeling that I have not held for many weeks. My spirits are only dampened by the fact I have not heard nor seen my Derv in as much time. It sounds quite harsh, but in the time I was searching for the spell, I thought little of him. Since then however he has been on my mind constantly. Yesterday I sent a message with a bird in the hopes it will find the man I miss so dearly. I have heard no-word thus far...

kenty191

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2006, 06:00:30 am »
Since my last entry, life has pretty much resumed its steady course. I finally met with Dervish, after many months of speculation and worry in his absence. It seems he was taken prisoner somewhere far away by a group of bandits. I know little of what went on, but I am waiting for an opportunity for us to be alone again to talk.  As for my troubles within myself, I have had little trouble with the entity that still seems to share my body, yet this solution is temporary, of this I am sure. I will have to come to terms with this head on sooner or later.  Last evening I journeyed to Rilara along with Elladan, Aleinna, Brian, Storold and Sa'Kura. There we met a cow farmer who asked us to help him find a lost cow. A small task admittedly but it was by no means easy. After travelling through the broken forest we arrived at port. From there the ride by boat to Point Harbour was a rough one, and one my body will not soon forget.  It quickly became apparent that Griffons had caused the untimely demise of said cow. The large beasts were powerful to say the least, but with our might combined they were little match for us. Even my illusionary abilities were required by the group, a fact I am very proud of. In all six invisibility spells were cast to hide us from the first wave of Griffons, and in that respect it worked very well.  Later I spoke with Sa'kura who told me of her mother, a wizard herself. Sa'kura mentioned her desire to learn what she called 'magic fire'. I can only assume she means burning hands but I agreed to speak with her again about it in the future.  Upon our return I met with Derv once more. We were together for the first time in a few weeks, and it felt right to be at his side. I miss the days we would spend inseparable by each others side, but things change, this much is certain.  I hope to speak with Derv alone soon...

kenty191

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2006, 05:19:05 am »
My life, it seems, is staying consistent at least for the time being. For this I am glad. There is much to be said for an uneventful life, and that is not to say it is boring as a result, far from it.

In the past few weeks, I have spent much of my time with Derv, as always. He still holds my heart captive in a way no other could, let alone a man. Perhaps I am drawn to his darker side? His constant craving for gold, while not truly understood by myself, can be compared with my desire for ever greater arcane power. Yet I feel Derv may seek gold at ANY cost. This lack of concern for others is not something I can grasp yet, perhaps he does not want me for me, but rather what I can do for him?

Rest assured should he hurt me, he will feel the full force of my power, and I shall not hold back...

*she stops writing a moment, and looks thoughtful but also slightly sad*

I do not like to speak of Derv in such a way, but I have seen the way in which he uses others, most recently a kindly priest of Lucinda. Derv has convinced the poor man he is working with pure intentions and that all the gold he obtains will be used to help others, a goal which I know could not be further from his mind. The fact he so easily lies to obtain others favour does not instil great confidence in me I must confess. Perhaps he is lying to me also?

This is not to say I feel for the kindly priest, far from it, I believe him a fool. Deities have no place, even Lucinda, perhaps an odd remark for a wizard such as myself, but one I believe in non the less. The father is so concerned with his service he has no time for his own pleasures.

Perhaps it is my constant need to be in control that finds it so hard to come to terms with a Deity? Why would I throw myself on the mercy and whims of a supposed 'higher power' only to be ignored in my hour of greatest need?

In the end, all one has is ones self, and to survive one must be powerful. Not rely on the desires of others, even gods...

kenty191

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2006, 10:40:22 am »
Since my last entry life has once again returned to a hectic pace and one fraught with danger also. Two weeks ago, me end Derv took to Velensk for a lengthy chat, after we had met with a master craftsman. As we wandered near Velensk we fought many ants in search of corn. It seems the trader and Derv have struck some sort of trade, corn oil in return for his services as a metal smith and jeweller.

Unfortunately the return from the harvest was minimal; it seems the ants must have nibbled away at most of the corn, not satisfied with their ready supply of unprepared adventurers. Afterwards I and Derv made our way to the arena in Velensk, quite by accident but once we were there an old competitive feeling was once within us both again.

Yet our battle was not to be. Before we had a chance, a dark figure calling himself 'hood' approached me and Derv as we prepared in the arena. The man was brash, arrogant and ultimately very foolish; though I am sure it is merely a product of his despicable race. The man would not reveal his face, covered with a dark hood, to me but found no issue in doing so in the company of Derv alone.

The way Derv seemed so interested in this clearly vile man worries me. He seemed eager to share information with the man and often spoke of him as being useful. His only use as far as I can see is target practice.

It seems the man thought me ignorant of his race or their abilities, far from it. While he did not reveal his face to me, I have no doubt in my mind he was Drow, one of the more vile types of elf. He spoke of his racial abilities to harness darkness that, combined with his slender elf like form can leave only one answer.

Now I do not openly show my hostility to any elf, not even Drow. But this man was also rude, arrogant and quite clearly ignorant to the delicate science of magic. After calling me a witch several times, what else could I do but remove his head rather forcibly in the arena?
While the drow moved well, he was a fool to think he could best my magic. After shrugging off a few of my spells, he experienced the true fear of Phantasmal Killer. Suffice to say, the drow fell quicker than a dead dragon, much to the amusement of Derv, and to mine also if I am truthful.

It seems afterwards the drow gained some form of respect for me, but insisted on trying to convert me to Baeron Da...such and such...As Derv now knows well, I am not one for religious dogma, nor its unessicary restrictions.

It seems not only was I destined for conflict with others recently, but also for conflict within myself. The dark entity that has long been resident to my body seems to have taken a footing again, despite my spells and efforts to bind it. Upon a journey to a place known as Pranzis, where the temple of Branderback is located, myself and Derv were ambushed by a giant griffin. The creature was far more deadly than any other I have faced and killed me and Derv both quickly.

Upon my re-emergance from the death-void I have little recollection of anything, until I found myself face down in the field where the griffon first attacked. Derv said the thing took me again, and this time more violently. Seeing the colour drained from his face, and the dried tear upon his cheek, it was clear to me the depth of the evil he had just seen in my form.

He spoke of burning red eyes and terrible horns jutting from my forehead. Such an image is hard to believe but he would not lie about something so serious, I am sure.

I do not know how to control this being any longer, but I will maintain my protections for as long as I am able. I fear it will come to a point where Derv will have to strike me down, or rather it down. I do not know how this will affect me, and I worry when that day will come...

kenty191

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2006, 12:44:53 pm »
My life has once again returned to semi-normality, if the life of a wizard and more importantly an illusionist can ever be normal. I have spent much of my time in the swamps with Loki testing my magical prowess, and on the whole it has been an enjoyable endevour.

I do however miss Derv...

He sent me a letter about a month ago now, he said he would be away for some time, had some business to attend to. It is a little odd and I worry for his safe return, I still cant believe I am worried about a man!

His absence has also made it apparent I have few close friends here aside from Derv. I often wonder alone about Hlint, even though I make passing conversation with those around and have met many new people. Yet I still find myself alone with Loki many times, perhaps only an imp or a thief can understand me?!

I have recently purchased a new robe also, and I look more like a traditionally stuffy spell slinger every day. I do enjoy the formality of it all though, and the respect such robes command is rather immense...perhaps people are more wary of wizards than they let on? In any case, the little look of fear in their eyes is amusing...

Lately I too have known fear...at the hands of the soul mother herself. I am more angry with myself for letting it happen than with whatever entity she is. Even now I feel cold...I wish Derv were here...

kenty191

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2006, 12:27:16 pm »
It has been longer than I can remember now since I last saw Dervish, watched his strong arms as they move quickly to enfold around me. I miss him more than I care to admit. Yet even more disturbing, I worry for his safe return. I know Derv mixes in dangerous and sometimes underhanded circles, and I have not heard word from him in many, many weeks. Perhaps something horrific has befell my dark warrior?
  I dread to think what dangers lurk in the shadows, Derv never did get to have that 'talk' with me but he seemed very nervous, almost paranoid...
  I will continue to think of him, perhaps I shall send a messenger bird, or perhaps Loki to find him...

kenty191

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2006, 05:06:43 pm »
It has been even longer now since I last saw Dervish, and Loki's search has turned up nothing. Recently I have turned to hatred of him, no longer can I be concerned, no longer do I miss him.
  I am angry with him now. Though probably I am more angry with myself in all truth. Why did I allow myself to be such a fool? For a moment I actually started to believe we might have a future! Seems I have a lot to learn, as do the other women I speak with.
  Tonight I had a few words with Rhynn. She spoke of Freldo, and how he had upset her, calling her useless. She needs more faith in her abilities, I would never be called useless by a bard! Even Derv would never have called me that, for he knew his place, phantasmal killer and the Velensk arena made sure of that!
  Me and Rhynn also spoke of the Arcane Alliance and of her past doubts over their intentions. She spoke of the black wizards and of rumours that some of the alliance council may consort with these dark arcane forces. Yet she seemed more supportive of my decision to put myself forward for membership this time. For this I am glad. I look forward to meeting with Lia, one of the council members, though Rhynn has told me to maintain my guard.
  Rhynn also suggested I think over what I want to learn from the guild. Though I am positive my interest lies with the planes. Even now I still maintain my wards against this thing that hides in my mind. I do not know what effect they have, but perhaps I shall learn more about such things from the alliance?
  I hope so...

kenty191

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2006, 07:47:37 am »
I received some very strange news a week ago now. I am not even sure I should write about it here, for fear of who may be watching, listening...but I am not like those thieves, if they dare to mess with a wizardess, they are fools.
Al...That is all I have never known him by, once a friend of Derv's, or perhaps associate is more fitting, I am not even sure any more that Derv has friends, maybe not even I....but I digress...

As I sat on the bench in Hlint I saw Al. Suddenly overwhelmed with emotion, I demanded to speak with him. His sly grin, while reminding me of what I used to see in Derv, also made me wary. At first he would not speak with me, but eventually after some forceful words he agreed we should speak.

Standing in the shadows of the alley behind the Hlint bank, he spoke of a thief’s guild; both he and Derv were members of. Al mentioned a scar that all members held on their hand, as a symbol of their membership. He also spoke of Key, the outspoken tiefling I had met a few months ago, and of her involvement in the guild. Most worrying though, was Al's thoughts of what had befell Derv. He said perhaps he had tried to leave the guild, or done something to anger Key, the most senior member currently (or so Al said), and that this could have put him in danger.

I have given Al my word not to mention this event to any, and this is what I shall do. Yet I have other means at my disposal, later, myself and Rhynn spoke of the art of scrying in an attempt to locate a missing person. I will investigate this more...perhaps with the help of the alliance...

kenty191

« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2006, 07:52:31 am »
Recently, Rhynn introduced me to Lia, one of the senior members of the Arcane Alliance. Myself and Lia sat near the pond in Hlint for many hours, speaking of the guild, and of my possible membership. She spoke of the rules, and the contract one must sign upon entry to the guild. A prospect that does not fill me with so much fear as it did Rhynn once it seems.

In any case, later that evening Lia sent a bird to me. In its talons, a parchment described the various proffessions within the guild. Of these two, observation and the planes immediately jumped to my attention. Observation is linked with divinations and in particular Scying, a talent which will surely help me locate someone once close to me. The planes need no explaination though, my reasons for wanting to study it stem from this creature and nothing more. I wish to see it gone, and without Derv to help me, perhaps the Alliance is all there is...

I will send word to Lia soon of my intention to join, and my signed contract...

kenty191

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2006, 12:24:01 pm »
Since my last entry I have given much thought to my application to the arcane alliance as well as other matters. Many I have spoken with have again warned of the possible shadier side to the guild, yet I have seen no evidence of wrong doing first hand. Again the name of the 'black wizards' has surfaced, though I do not know what links they have to the alliance if any.
  I have recently also accepted something which, until now, I had wanted to delude myself of...
  Dervish The Eye is either dead, lost or simply doesnt care enough to contact me.
  This I have accepted now, I no longer mourn him, my affections are no longer his, and I am once more without a bothersome man in my life, my mother would be proud!

kenty191

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2006, 12:26:21 pm »
The air feels different around Hlint lately as do I. The darkness that once resided in me I feel is no more, perhaps the tales of the fall of Blood have alleviated my condition? Perhaps I am merely being rediculous. In any case, the darker side of me has left me as quickly as it came and I no longer feel possesion by the beast.
  The question still remains however, what was it?

kenty191

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2006, 05:19:25 pm »
*Kali steps almost tentatively through the western gates of Hlint*
 It has been longer than I care to remember since I was last in the village of adventurers. In that time I have spent months in mourning for the man I once loved, even longer practising new magical techniques and longer still trying to understand what dark entity captured my soul soon after my initial visit to Hlint. Drake recently passed away, he was a tremendous mentor, and I suppose he was my father. Despite of his convservative veiws on magic and it's application he was only worried for my safety. Yet when will these men learn? Should I need protection I will ask for it, but assuming I am too weak to defend myself only infuriates me further.
  Hlint is much as I remember it, perhaps a few new faces, but then it's usually more interesting to see those who have stuck around. Rhynn apparently still lives around here and is moving into a house with a man named Malor. Theres even talk of 'spawnlings' as Rhynn once called them, perhaps Hlint has changed.
  It has been a week since I arrived back here, and while I had been in constant practise with my magic, I seemed to be a little rusty when it came to casting in combat. After a jaunt to the Topaz caves with some new faces, Mardel, Sindor and some charming assassin whose name escapes me my old battle casting became simple once more, stay away from the undignified melee and blast away.
  Later we headed into the forest filled with undead, there we battled countless spirits and I even took down a few bone golems alone! Seems my powers have not waned at all during my time away.
  Despite our efforts the spirits got the better of us, and I felt the cold grip of death once more, that is something I didnt miss during my break from adventuring.
  Perhaps I will seek out the arcane alliance again, I still seek to further my arcane studies, and now Drake is gone, I shall need to learn on my own.