The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: From the Journal of Casaubon, Priest of Baraeon Ca'Duz  (Read 154 times)

steverimmer

From the Journal of Casaubon, Priest of Baraeon Ca'Duz
« on: January 22, 2005, 05:32:00 am »
...So it begins.  My arrival in this place was a suprise to me, and to others, but now I see the hand of the Dread Spider in bringing me here.  The bland dreariness of the lesser races that I have had to endure in this place, has only confirmed my belief that the drow are the rightful rulers to the surface lands and it won't be long before we reclaim them in bloody victory.  But aside from that I must focus upon my greater and more important task, the one that my Lord has commanded me to do and the one in which I dare not fail.  After meeting a number of the drow in this place, I have discovered that most are faithless and have discarded the teachings of our great Lord.  This would normally mean death in a most creative way but here it seems the normal way of doing things must be suspended for a time.  It is my task to bring the these drow together and to reclaim their body and souls for my Lord, in this way we may begin to seek the ascendance of Baraeon Ca'Duz over the other petty gods.  However the difficulty of this task has been compounded by the threat from the east, that this petty godling Blood poses, slight as it is.  In dreams the Dread Spider has instructed me to aid these comtemptible creatures in their war against this aspiring godling, why I do not know but as his faithful servant I must obay.  So I intend to create an army of faithful drow to fight alongside them as we must, until that battle is won, and win we shall for the will of the many eye'd is upon us. 
  A start has already been made...a couple of days ago a bard spoke to me of an alliance of dark souls and spoke of possible entry into that hidden circle, that it shall come to pass is not a concern, as the Dread Spider no doubt brought him to that place to bring such a message.  Today also I met another, a faithful drow this time and I shall take that as a sign of approval from our Lord.  This is the place to start, the place to lay the first trembling strands of the web that soon will encompass all who live upon this land and then when the time is right, the battles fought and won, the web shall reveal its terrible secret and the Dread Spider shall come forth to feed.  Let it be so.

steverimmer

RE: From the Journal of Casaubon, Priest of Baraeon Ca'Duz
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2005, 05:58:00 am »
...how amusing there is a temple to that pathetic goddess Ilsare (is it possible to even call her a goddess?) here in this place that the lesser races call "Hlint" but which I call "stalalatyean".  I have placed a spider within this 'temple' to show her that the gaze of the many eye'd is upon her, may she find terror in the shadows.

anything