The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Gladyus Reports  (Read 1016 times)

stragen

Gladyus Reports
« on: June 07, 2008, 10:19:54 am »
Gladyus Rockface stood in Grand Master Taazk'kazja's office.  His head respectfully bowed.  He once again had the view of legs of the ornate desk.  The room was filled with the bitter aromoa of Rod

"Report Brother Gladyus" Commanded Master Taazk'kazja lifting his head from the writing tablet.

Looking straight ahead Gladyus reported

"Oi have established muh self in der Fort O Vehl.  Oi have made contact with der local merchants O Mistone as a customer and supplier O raw materials.  Der be an anti-Raelist movement in der ranks O des merchants. Dey consider dem selves hero's and der ego's kin nay stomach dat we kin do more fer der populace der High Rael.

Those dat I have made contact with include, Barion Firesteed a fallen Knight of Der Wyrm, Beli Tenker a Brother O Vorax, Trouble der Shifter, Max a Priost O Roferien, and Dame Tannerson.

Brother Gloom has taken muh as his student and be training muh in der style of der brotherhood.  He be a brilliant mind and strong orator fer Rael.  We be workin ter form a union O Orcs, Half-Orcs, Goblins, Half-Gionts, Dark-Elfs and Dark-Kin.  Der be many O des races in Vehl, and der be much angst dat they be excluded from work in Hempstead."

Master Taazk'kazja raised a hand and Gladyus stood quiet.

"Gloom Master Grimstone's student.  He has talent and promise.  Great success of great failure will be his.  You do well to follow him.  He is the voice in the day-light.  You will be the knife in the shadows."

Master Taazk'kazja slid an envelope across his desk towards Gladyus.

"What do you make of this?"

Gladyus examined the document within in his gloved hand.  After a long pause he answered.

"A forgery most likely Master."  He returned the document to the envelope and placed it on the desk.

"And would create such a forgery" the Master questioned.

"Seditionists Master" replied Gladyus in understanding.

"Then you will make sure these Seditionists are caught Gladyus."

"Aye Master."

"And now for your reward."

With a nod to his left, the Defender on Master Taazk'kazja's left advanced on Gladyus with a crack of his knuckles.

"The first trait of a defender is the immovable stance.  Move and you fail."

With a sickening thud the left hook caught Gladyus in the jaw.  He wobbled but did not step back.  Instinctively he raised his guard to protect his face. The next blows came in rapid succession to his body knocking the wind from him.  The beating continued and eventually Gladyus collapsed to his knees.  He did not however step backwards.

Looking at the prone form that was Gladyus Master Taazk'kazja's raised a hand for the beating to end.

"Gladyus you are dismissed."

stragen

Re: Gladyus Reports
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 12:53:26 am »
Once more Gladyus stood with head bowed in the room

“I have done as yer bid Master.  The captain was receptive to the plan.”

“Then the document is in place,” master Taazk'kazja's stated without waiting for a reply.

“If the trail returns to this office your life is forfeit” the master continued.

“Aye, der is this master” Gladyus slid a map across the desk, the notes were in goblin.

“I signed up in der Fort-Wayfare milita along with a group of adventurers, Trouble der druid, Kizia der, and Storold der Lucindite.  I found out dat der be a goblin shaman seekin artifacts O power.  Dis map be der last piece O der puzzle der shaman needs.  I have arranged a meeting with der Goblins.  It may be dey be useful tools master.  I will seek ter bind dem into der service O Rael Kingdom in exchange fer dis map.”

“Excellent.  Continue your service with the Fort-Wayfare milita in this quest.  Do not allow the others to suspect that you are anything but a loyal member.  I will make a copy of this map for our archives.  You may collect to original in two days time.  That should give you enough time to recover from your reward.”

“Begin training.”

With the command the Defender on Master Taazk'kazja's right launched a series of shuriken at Gladyus.  Gladyus deflected the first with palm parry, the second, third and forth struck him squarely in the chest. When the attack sequence was complete Gladyus stood there with three sharp metal disks protruding from his chest.  Yet he appeared unharmed.

“What is this Gladyus?  Either you the most gifted student I have trained having mastered the Adamantium-skin technique in a year, or you have cheated.”

Master Taazk'kazja's eyes narrowed on the belt fastening Gladyus robes.

“Remove your robes and belt.”

Gladyus did as instructed, revealing his unharmed gray skin.

“Begin training again.”

Another sequence of shurikens struck Gladyus, this time they embedded deep into his flesh leaving spouts of blood as the stuck.  Gladyus grimaced in pain, yet satisfied that he had prepared correctly.

“One can only earn the Adamantium-skin through training and not through cheap trinkets” the master lectured.  

“Continue till he collapses” master Taazk'kazja's instructed the defender.

stragen

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 09:41:53 pm »
Gladyus stood in a dim recess outside Master Taazk’kazja’s office.  As he waited to make his report his thoughts returned to his most recent failure.

Death had come for him and the soul mother as well.  He had travelled with Brother Gloom, the suspected Dark Elf Ni’haer and the Orc Rak, into the caverns of Bear Island.  A failed attempt at conversation in Orcish had revealed the lack in own skill.  The Orc was intelligent and articulate a freak of his inferior race most like.  Not so bright though, as it was the hulking Orc that was the first to fall to the axes of the bugbears.

Stepping over the body of their fallen ally the remaining trio pressed on.  Gloom had charged the bug bear chieftain intent on the glory of the kill.  His ferocity was only matched by that of the chieftain.  Gladyus had struck the brute with a kick on it flank aiming to knock it off it feet, but it was too well disciplined to fall.  Gloom was the first to fall, death came swiftly dealt by the monster’s axe.  That left Gladyus and the Bugbear in a mortal duel.  Blow by blow the combatants fought, Gladyus ignoring the hideous wounds the chieftain gave him, focusing on landing a killing blow.  The punch was true and the brute fell in a bloody mess.  The elf swooped in and cut a bloody trophy.  The remaining two fled the sound of a regrouping bugbear horde.

Too late; the mob caught Gladyus at the stairs cutting him down quickly.  Gladyus will to live was strong and he regained conscious one more standing groggily.  The bugbears realised their mistake and finished him properly this time.   Gladyus fell with a silent scream.  The soul mother was ready.  Watching hidden by the weave, the Elf had escaped unscathed, taking the head of the Chieftain with him.

With a jolt Gladyus came to attention as the door opened.

“Master Taazk’kazja will see you now” the imposing defender spoke opening the door.  

As Gladyus entered the room Gladyus internally flinched as he saw that each of the defenders carried a wicked great-axe similar in style to those of the bugbears.

“I am aware of your failure Gladyus” the master continued, “a reported in not needed.” Gloom’s report had clearly preceded his Glaydus realised.

“I do however intend to correct the problem of your weakness with axes”

“Assume the pose Gladyus.  Ignore the pain and harden your skin”

The defenders closed in with axes raised.

stragen

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2008, 06:26:59 pm »
Gladyus stood in the sand filled room deep below the city of Prantz.  On each of the walls, north, south east and west was a barred portcullis.  The smell of old the sweat and blood filled the room despite the clean sand that had been raked across the floor.  Stripped to the waist Gladyus waited for the session to begin.  

His thoughts turned to his training against the goblin in the caverns filled with red light.  A lone goblin was an easy target, weak and breakable.  But two, three or more and they could be deadly.  They would seek to flank him and stick their daggers into back and vital organs.  He hated them for their skill, yet relished the combat as their attempts to backstab him would only make him stronger.  Once he had mastered the technique of awareness they would no longer be able to flank him.  Fools, all that their efforts accomplished was to grant him knowledge of their methods, and through knowledge he would gain power.

The northern of the portcullis had opened with barely a sound, a testament to the precision of true-dwarven engineering.  Gladyus caught the glimpse of thee small figures moving cautiously out of the holding chamber beyond, he was puzzled, were they merely children?  They spoke quietly in a language that he could not understand, yet recognised; Halflings.  Already slaves they now faced death for uttering those words, breaking the law of Prantz that forbid the use of foreign tongues.  The Halflings quickly spread out; each had a small blade in its hand.  One slipped behind him and out of his vision.  Moving with the speed of a viper Gladyus closed the distance to the first Halfling and struck it down with a thunderous punch to the jaw.  The second stabbed at his left flank aiming for Gladyus’s dark heart.  But the dwarf was ready for the move, twisting slightly so the knife merely struck his tough ribs and not his vitals.  Gladyus ignored the second and continued the batter the first Halfling, kicking it while it was down and ensuring that it would not rise again.  The momentum of the fatal kick allowed Gladyus’s boot to follow through and strike the second Halfling in the chest, winding it.  A sharp pain shocked Gladyus as the third Halfling sunk its blade into Gladyus’s spine, his legs buckled under him.  As Gladyus fell he heard the Halflings words 'for Pranzis, for my husband’.

Gladyus awoke in the familiar surrounding of Master Taazk’kazja’s office.  His wounds had be been healed and his robes replaced. He immediately stood to attention and bowed.  Sitting behind his desk studying his papers, Master Taazk’kazja betrayed no indication of whether Gladyus latest training session had been a success or failure.

stragen

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2010, 05:44:10 am »
Again Gladyus stood with head bowed in the room with a few subtle changes over the years. He noticed several more faded yet too-stubborn-to-be-removed stains in the otherwise immaculate floor.

“Your late.” master Taazk'kazja's stated as if a few decades wasn’t unexpected.

“As was your report on the Belinara situation...” master Taazk'kazja's continued without waiting for a reply.

“Fortunately the information it contains is useful” master continued while skimming the report.

“Tell me” master Taazk'kazja.commanded. His black eyes watched Gladyus closely for signs of weakness.

“Aye, it captured muh with its magics ere” Gladyus indicated on the map drawn in his own hand.

“And it kept muh... a long while. Till some 'venturers arrived.”

“It wanted ter protect der portals, and der 'venturers did its bidding. Oi led der 'venturers oot of der forest, till oi could give em der slip.”

“And this enemy from another plane?” queried the master.

“I nay know if dey be real or myth, but der be something going on.”

“Interesting, continue to follow these adventurers and report to me. See what you can do to hinder their efforts. The control of the portals shall belong to Prantz.”

“Well Gladyus seeing as you have missed your last dozen-dozen training sessions we have a lot to catch up on. You will wish you had escaped the prison of this planar being earlier before the week is over.”

Master Taazk'kazja's signalled for defender to step forward.

The sound of breaking flesh and groans and grunts are heard as the training session and punishment begins.

stragen

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2010, 08:06:53 pm »
Gladyus stood in stone-stance front of the imposing desk, mirrored by the single defender standing behind it. Master Taazk'kazja sat and worked through the large stack of reports. The only sound was the occasional rustle of papers.

Master Taazk'kazja finished reading. “This contract is in order. You are to provide a decade military service to the Legion, excluding service to the Adamantine Brotherhood and within the scope of Rael’s Law, very cunning.”

“This Dragon has ambition; its pride will be his downfall. Continue to cultivate it and grow the Legion. I need an expendable force and the dark elves will do.”

“Keep training.”

Master Taazk'kazja went back to his reading. Gladyus and the Defender did not move or speak a word. The quiet belied the stain of tortured leg muscles. The practitioners of stone-stance mimicked the deep-rock from which they were hewn.

stragen

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2010, 07:27:48 pm »
Once more Gladyus stood like in front of the imposing desk. Master Taazk'kazja held Gladyus’ latest report in hand.

“It seems your work with the Legion has drawn some interesting new information Brother Rockface. Do you know what this 'Adder’ expected to from scouting Silkwood?”

“Der location of Mechidli. Oi kin confirm dat der demilich nay longer be in der Silkwood”

Gladyus produced a small parchment and added it to the stack of papers on the desk before continuing his report.

“Oi hastily copied dis from a fragment O Mechidli’s own journal. Der Dragon and oi found der fragment in der Crypt O Storan. It confirms dat Mechidli was in der Silkwood, but has now left.”

“That the servants of Aranx are active is hardly surprising. That they may actually achieve one of their goals is.” Master Taazk'kazja stood and paced around the other side of the desk examining Gladyus for signs of weakness.

“Pain, torture and madness these are the tools of Corath. Pain and torture you must learn to endure, less you succumb to madness. Report to Brother Gloom in the dungeons for your training session; tell him I wish to test your ability to withstand pain and torture. You are dismissed.”

“Aye Master”

stragen

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2010, 08:26:52 am »
Gladyus sat hunched over the large boardroom table. He was alone with several files, letters and papers spread out in front of him. He was scribing a document on the writing tablet, while referring to several other loose documents and one large tomb, 'Administrative Law in Rael Kingdom, IV edition'. His usually rock steady hand twitched causing a spot of ink to spill loose of the nib.

The turn on the rack at the loving hand of Brother Gloom had merely loosened his back muscles and removed a kink in his neck from an old mining injury. But the acupuncture needles placed into joints and nerves had induced muscle tearing spasms, which still revisited him. The pain didn't bother him nearly as much as the ink-blot staining the otherwise perfectly neat script.

"$#GZ@!" Gladyus swore. Controlling the urge to smash the inkblot with his clenched fist, he carefully folded up the paper, tore it into multiple perfect half-inch squares and then inserted the neat pile of squares into the drawer in his tinder box. Resources, even paper should not be wasted.

He then began again scribing the document. Each letter precisely placed one after another in ordered rows. In the end it was finished: 'The Charter of the Legion.' The charter looked flawless, apart from the neat red lettering at the top of each page labelling the document 'draft only'.

Leaving the document for Dragon to read, Gladyus walked stiffly to the training room. He bolted the door and stripped off his shirt to reveal a set of old welts and bruises on his back. Gladyus' most recent instructor had given him a harsh set of training 'exercises' to toughen his skin. Gladyus unlocked his chest and removed the whip he kept specifically for this purpose. Gladyus began to train with a precise flagellation technique. With each stroke he focused his will on one of his enemies, beginning with foreman Lesion. By the time he had reach the last enemy he was drunk with hatred and loss of blood. His back was a mass of fresh welts and free flowing blood.

Focusing his hatred, he willed the blood to stop, which it did, the wounds closing slightly to leave a set of partially healed welts and bruises. Replacing his robes, he checked his appearance in the mirror before answering the impatient banging at the door of the training room.

"Yer turn"

stragen

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2010, 10:19:12 pm »
Master Taazk'kazja opened the file. It contained a report from Gladyus Rockface, one of his disciples. Gladyus had shown promise when he first been inducted into the Adamantine Brotherhood. A former miner and labourer, Gladyus had displayed the necessary strength and endurance to survive the brutal training methods of the Order of Strength. Master Taazk'kazja had even considered him for advanced training as a Defender of the Brotherhood. However, this had not progressed as quickly as he expected. It had been over 30 years and still Gladyus had not made the necessary step. With each session Master Taazk'kazja methods had carved small slice of the ore that made up Gladyus, refining and hardening his tool, hammering away weakness, and burning off impurities in the forge of training and discipline. Yet some doubt remained. Was this weapon ready to be quenched, or would it shatter? No matter the outcome, soon it would be time to test his weapon. If Gladyus broke... there are plenty more students willing to undertake the path. Turning his mind to the report he read.

stragen

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2010, 10:25:28 pm »

Agorin, 23 Damp-Mood 1464

Memorandum

Attention:
Grand Master Taazk'kazja
Order of Strength
Adamantine Brotherhood
Prantz

Master,

I have received information from Brother Gloom on a 'Dwarven Army' and I have begun compiling a list of seditionists. I have followed rumours of Dwarven militia being trained in southern Rael Kingdom. I managed to observed one of these training sessions hidden from all but those with true sight. The primary seditionist training the militia is a hairy surface woman! She wears platemail adorned with red and carries a double axe. She instructed recruits in a series of formation drills. They are a motley lot and will not pose a threat to the Deep Lord anytime soon. However, the woman is another matter. She knows the stance! I watched her as she trained the militia and coveted the power and strength she displayed. I will attend Brother Gloom to serve penance for these impure thoughts. Oh how I wish to bring that mighty one to her knees.

I will report when I have uncovered her identity and the identities of the rest of this 'Dwarven Army’ of seditionists.

Yours Broodingly,

Gladyus Rockface.
Monastic
Order of Strength
Adamantine Brotherhood

stragen

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2010, 07:08:22 am »
The stately carriage moved slowly out of Lor, leaving behind the crowds who had come to catch a glimse of the hero’s of Lor, and onto the road to Prantz. The driver, seeing a branch on the road, pulled to the roadside for a moment. A quiet coarse voice spoke from the air to the occupant of the carriage.

"Muh Lord Bradikus, a moment O yer time" The door opened and Gladyus stepped into the carriage revealed himself. He and bowed very low and at the perfect angle to describe the precise difference between his rank and that of Ambassador Bradikus, Noble of Rael Kingdom.

“Gladyus Rockface, Order O Strength” his robes and perfect posture described Gladyus as a member of the Adamantine brotherhood, with the style cut for the latest fashion in Prantz, which is to say dull-gray and impeccably neat.

The ambassador nodded for Gladyus report.

“Oi been following rumours O a 'dwarven army’ and militant activity in Southern Rael Kingdom. In particular a dwarf woman who’s been training militia, which lead muh ter der compound in Lor yer just left.”

A quiet query from the ambassador and Gladyus continued.

“I have her name from one of muh contacts. Argali, though dey be cheering dat and Father Mithril in der streets O Lor. I saw a lot O carriages enter an exit. Nah just dwarves ter.” His tone is flat with the faintest undercurrent of racial intolerance. Gladyus continues to report efficiently describing each of the carriages and notable personages who entered and departed the compound.

Lord Bradikus leaned close and confirmed that the rumours spoken on the streets of Lor regarding the nature of the meeting are indeed true.

"A battle academy and open ter all?" Gladyus considered the implications of this academy for his training and quickly dismisses them. Prantz would only send their elite warriors, in order to send a statement to the world, and Gladyus had barely begun training in the path of the Defender.

A few more words from the ambassador and Gladyus is dismissed. The door opens once more and the Gladyus quietly departs to continue his mission.

The driver finishes removing the branch and the carriage continues on its way to Prantz.

stragen

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2010, 07:16:09 am »

Aurachil, 18 Dry-Anvil 1464

Memorandum

Attention:
Grand Master Taazk'kazja
Order of Strength
Adamantine Brotherhood
Prantz

Master,

We have had some success in expanding the Legion. The Dragon’s initial objective was to control the slave markets hidden in the Dragon Isles and from this base recruit additional dark-elf soldiers to the legion. However, it became clear that the true powers were the trading houses, Aktartoyl, Barvilquin, and Costyn'Myre, who delivered the slaves from the surface into the deep. For this mission, to supplement the 30 members of the legion, the Dragon recruited a crack force of mercenaries, criminals and assassins, which I have listed here for your records:
•   the ex-criminal half-orc G'ork,
•   Leisa the poisoner,
•   the dread blade Steel,
•   Solena the dark elf priestess,
•   the dark elf known as Duchess,
•   and the halfling Dogboy.

This force was unleased on house Costyn’Myre, wiping out their camp and sent a threatening message to houses Barvilquin and Aktartoyl. A tentative alliance with house Barvilquin was forged, who the Dragon forewarned of a pending attack by Aktartoyl.

Although we did not gain any soldiers for the Legion, Dragon did gain an ally in one house and made enemies of two. We also gained the most valuable prize, the slaves.

I have examined the slaves and one in particular is of interest. A Dwarven Defender of Vorax! The others I believe had not realised the significance of this slave. Duchess simply chose a female slave for its beauty, while the others were merely interested in the coin they would fetch.

The dwarf is particularly dangerous and hardy. I have tested my fists on it and it is virtually impervious to blows. Even knocking it to the ground and then kicking its vitals did not damage the merchandise.

I am requesting the slave be transferred to the care of Brother Gloom for information extraction. I have enclosed a copy of form 74A Merchandise Transfer Authority for your signature. The names in this 'Dwarven Army’ will soon be uncovered and the seditions put to trial!

Yours Broodingly,

Gladyus Rockface.
Monastic
Order of Strength
Adamantine Brotherhood

Encl. 74A Merchandise Transfer Authority

stragen

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2010, 07:10:20 am »
Master Taazk’kazja sat behind the desk, not that anyone could see him, or the portable folding desk that served as his temporary office. He and the desk were invisible to natural sight. His office for the night consisted of a secluded cavern that served as an interview chamber for the latest applicants.

The muffled screams and curses of the applicant, Gladyus Rockface, could be heard echoing from the recesses of the cavern. Of course, Gladyus didn’t know he was being interviewed. That would have defeated the purpose. From the pitch of the cries the interview was progressing to schedule and should soon be concluded.

Master Taazk’kazja silently made his notes as Gladyus responded to the torture. Writing while invisible was a tricky task, but one the Grand Master had perfect many decades ago, his quill moving in the precise motion to describe each stroke and character. Patience was needed to perfect such a skill. But even his geological patience was beginning to wear thin with the lack of progress in his student Gladyus.

Master Taazk’kazja finished drafting the instruction as the curses finally fell silent. The interview was complete. This mission would be Gladyus’s last chance.

stragen

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2010, 07:20:59 am »

Cuprig, Dark-Crypt 19, 1465
Departmental Instruction

Re: Defender of the Adamantine Brotherhood

Brother Gladyus Rockface
Monastic, Order of Strength
Adamantine Brotherhood
Prantz

Brother Rockface,

We have received your application for the position of Defender of the Adamantine Brotherhood.

On reviewing your application and your performance during the interview process a number of issues have come to light. The most serious of which is your continued affiliation with a Mr Ni’haer Helvivirr, a known user of magic. The first law of Rael Kingdom is, use no magic, because the Al’Noth is chaos and chaos be the enemy of a prosperous people. Though no breaches of this law have been witnessed, your conduct in this area has flaunted the intent of the law if not the rule of the law.

As such your application to the position of Dwarven Defender has been rejected.

You are hereby demoted to the rank of initiate, effective immediately.

You are also reassigned to serve ambassador Bradikus as an initiate clerk and undertake basic administrative duties.

If you successfully complete this task, you will be restored to rank of Brother. If you fail, the penalty will be harsh.

Yours Broodingly,

Grand Master Taazk'kazja
Deputy Sectary Surface Affairs
Order of Strength, Adamantine Brotherhood, Prantz
(for and on behalf of the selection committee)

stragen

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2010, 06:48:53 am »

Aurachil, Damp-Chisel 25, 1465
Departmental Instruction
Re: Termination of Services

Former Initiate Gladyus Rockface
C/O
Order of Strength
Adamantine Brotherhood
Prantz

Mr Rockface,

It is without regret, and considerable pleasure, that I must inform you that your employment with Adamantine Brotherhood has been terminated effective immediately.

I would like to make it clear to you that this termination a result of your continued failure to complete assigned missions and uphold the laws of Rael. During your recent assignment to Ambassador Bradikus you failed to follow a direct instruction from the Ambassador. Pathetic whining that this instruction conflicted with a previous legal contract is of no interest to the Ambassador or the Rael Administration. Your failure was allowing yourself to be manoeuvred into such a position of conflict.

In fact your performance has been woeful and your contribution over the three decades of employment insignificant.

It is with much regret that I am legally obligated to provide a severance package for you, and you will be paid one months pay for every year you worked, and your medical and clerical coverage will continue for the period of the severance pay.

Yours Broodingly,

Brother Ridgeley

Team Leader, Human Resources
Order of Strength, Adamantine Brotherhood, Prantz

stragen

« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2010, 08:13:46 pm »
Gladyus stood motionless in the dank cave, the stillness occasionally punctuated by a drip of water falling from a stalactite into a pool below. This was his new life, training in stillness. Gone was his presence from the chiselled perfection of Prantz. He no longer trained facing the fine mahogany desk and the polished floor that was Master Taazk’kazja’s office. He had given much for this, more then was reasonable. He had subjected himself:to the venom of countless underdark spiders, to the fists of a horde of giant kin, to the searing light of the sun, to the taunts of inferior surface races, and to torture and ridicule by his own kind.

Now it was his. Gladyus felt the strength of the Adamantine one flow through his limbs. The strength of earth and rock. The strength of stillness. The stillness brought peace and fury. It demanded immediate release, yet was timeless in its patience, awaiting, brooding, yet ready for action.

He had been given a mission, where success had required him to fail, to fall from grace. He had been brought as low as possible, yet the path to dizzying ranks had opened before him. Like the earth he had been given the task of patience and humility, accepting the insults carved into his skin. On the surface patient and still. At the core a terrible heat burned. Awaiting its moment of release and retribution for every insult rendered.

The invisible watcher smiled a hidden smile as Gladyus stood still and silent. Finally his student had taken the first step of the path.