Character Development > Development Journals and Discussion

Jacee's Journal

(1/5) > >>

minerva:
*  A Neat forced script in a leather backed journal*   Well it is done. With all the men on their annual "hunting" campaign, it shall be weeks before they even notice my absence. I hitched a ride with a traveling caravan headed west of this cursed continent. It will be none too soon that I come back to these demon infested dregs again.  Eventually I came to a town called Hlint. I took nothing of my past save some hunters clothing, a practice sword and a few provisions.  Life is strange among the common folk. All the races here seem to co-exist quite well, but that may be just on the surface. I shall have to keep watch to see if this is just a facade.  I have had to limit my adventures to of all places, the sewers. If father could see me killing rats.... well I'm sure he's be happy I was killing but he's have my head for the shame of it being rats. I was able to return some records to the town, with the aid of a new compatriot, BB. A Halfling I could tuck under my arm, but a sneaky little fighter. I like him.  Well enough for now, I must find some way to earn gold, as this being poor is not entirely comfortable.

minerva:
I found a place to earn gold. The crypts…. It seems the dead of Hlint have no wish to stay that way.  I don’t know what evil keeps them restless in what should be an eternal sleep, but all to often I venture within those walls to find them walking.  I of course send them back to eternal sleep, and thus they have no need for the coin they keep in their pockets.  I have collected enough to maintain a reasonable suite at the local Inn as well as equip myself properly for training.  

minerva:
Blast it all.   I was attempting to rescue a cat from a tree and the bloody branch broke.  What was I thinking?  A woman of my age climbing trees?   The injury to my back has set my training back months.  It is a good thing I had plenty of coin saved to keep my rooms, lest I end up on the street or worse, in the sewers.  

minerva:
I finally feel well enough to start my training again.  My recuperation time was not entirely wasted.  I learned to cook.   I find the more time I spend with the simple folk of this land, the more I like them.  The advantages I had did not make me more than them, if anything they corrupted me.   These people need my protection.  I have listened to the reports of Bloodstones’s army.  I will do what ever I can to protect these people.   Finally I have a purpose.  It makes me sleep easier at night and something within me is less restless because of it.  I can’t explain the yearning inside.  All my life I have lived off the labors of others, I have seen abuse and terror and known it commonplace.  Now I have the means to fight back, and I will

minerva:
I had to hide in the caverns.  I saw one of his agents in town.  Blast it all.   I never thought they would even look for me.  Perhaps I am vain, and it is a mere coincidence that the courier was in Hlint.  I haven’t much skill at stealth, so I did not follow.  I had provisions to remain hidden in the caves for several days.  I finally paid a small boy to inquire at the inn after the man.  Thank goodness he had departed.  I will try to discover his business here as best I can without arousing suspicions.  

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version