The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Jil's Journal 2  (Read 1100 times)

Jilseponie Wyndon

Re: Jil's Journal 2
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2012, 12:59:34 pm »
As I sat on the ship heading home after a trip to the Dragon Isles, I tried to sort through the forest of emotions Razeriem put me through.  I thought I was ready to move on, no, I know I'm ready to move on and Razeriem has over the years made insinuations ... yet that is Razeriem.  The flirt.  Sly wordings.  Teasing with them.  Do I love him?  Not in a sense, but my interest is peaked and I wouldn't mind getting to know him better, but at the Docks of the Dragon Isles, he pushed so to speak.  I refused what I considered an intimate encounter and he suddenly changed.  Walls suddenly sprang up as our discussion delved deeper and grew more intense. And I realized just then, how deep the island bore into me.  Fear, rejection and loss flowed through me like a tide.  Not strong, but shallow enough to constantly shift the sands of wariness and uneasiness.  After some time, I thought I had control over the situation, but it was an illusion.  He wanted to dive right in into the unkown and ride the waves of passion, while I, in my saddened state was afraid while wanting only to test the waters by dipping my toes into it, then to slowly wade in, testing for sharp bits of coral or crabs to eat at my flesh before giving full of myself to the pleasures of swim in the sea of life.  

I sat in a quiet part of the deck on the ship and cried to myself.  That cursed Island really messed with me.  I feel like damaged goods.  An Elf shouldn't be affected in this way, yet, the attack was Elven in nature, so I suppose its understandable.  During my investigations of this "place" I'm asked if others are involved, I get the direct impression that if there were others, my questions would just echo back at me.  So when asked by others, I must misdirect or be vague.  It feels like lying and I do not like it, but for now in this regard I'm on my own.

So as for this situation with Razeriem, I feel that I'm in the right.  I am not a barmaid that jumps into bed with a man with a silver tongue.  Sure I miss those pleasures, its been years since I last saw Marcus ... and it hurt to have Razeriem speak to me so.  To pressure me into something I did not want to do.  Or in these hard and difficult times has the courting ritual disintegrated?  I want to get to know someone before taking that intimate step.  Walks on a beach, under a full moon, picnics and dinners in a fine establishment.  Doing fun things while getting to know who a person really is.  And to think Razeriem thought I would forgo all my principles for a mere eye-blink of pleasure?  Possibly get tossed aside if it was not what he wanted or expected?  Well, I will not go to him.  If he is interested he will come find me and apologize.  If not, these are other fish in the sea.  And this fish misses companionship ...

Jilseponie Wyndon

Jil's Journal 2
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2012, 10:23:58 pm »
And things continue on ... With the famine spreading, things are getting tougher, not as many folk purchasing from the guild.  So, I must look further afield to help the guild.  I'm traveling to Whitemouth in hopes of contacting their guilds to increase trade between their port and ours.  With the Arts Center soon top be a reality, I will be looking for those to display their art to show others what life is like in other parts of the world.  And if any are willing to donate items for an auction to help benefit food for the Famine Relief.

In doing this, Andrew came up with a wonderful idea about building greenhouses.  Well build a test facility and see if the crops will be unaffected.  Plus to see if we can purchase foods from unaffected areas and fisheries to be shipped to those places where food is becoming scarce.  Yes, this is a large effort ... but, we have to try something.

I cleaned out a little used room and now have rented it out to a young woman named Cord.  It'll be nice to hear life moving about the house again.  She said she had terrible nightmares that she woke to screaming her lungs out, but, I will have no problem with that.  I'm out and about alot.  So the few nights a week or so I am there should not be a problem.

I spoke with Sharyn and let her know about the new boarder.  She said she would help if needed.  They will be collecting food as well.  She made a good point about gathering food for the House of Hope and others.  The Orphanages and hospitals will need food as well.  I think Cord is a bard and Sharyn would be a good choice of a body guard if things get a bit rough.

After speaking with Ty, we may have come up with an interesting idea to help battle the Dark ELves and their Vin'Larie.  I will send off letters soon to others and see what we can put into motion.

So much to do ...

Jilseponie Wyndon

Jil's Journal 2
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2012, 12:01:59 pm »
Good to be home ... or is it?  Sharyn is out most of the time, Chord is out with her new Beau most of the time and the only movement left here is the shadows dancing on the walls from the firelight.  Things progress well in associations in Whitemouth in Guild relations.  I have a stack of Oak I must get to working on and have shipped there.  The kitchen here is a mess, been cooking and preserving foods to be sent out to the afflicted areas.  Chord has been helpful in bringing in what little food is still out there.  And things outside Hilm are getting worse.  The mist grows and I have seen what is in it first hand.  Upon our stepping into it , poking and prodding, large beholders came out with shadow creatures in retaliation.  Poor Raelyn took a nasty beating, I hope the soul mother was looking the other way when she passed into that realm.  After a couple attempts, we really upset the conjurers of the mist.  2 Shadow dragons erupted from within and one came at us.  The battle took hours.  And I am most embarrassed to say that of out of the 100's of arrows spent at the creature, maybe less than 10 actually got through its defenses.  When my bow was covered in spells, I actually hit it, but the dragon just shrugged off any damage it received.  I felt so useless.  Sehky must have scratched it a number of times as it drew the dragons attention to our position.  I was able to get away, but it trapped Sehky within the tents and in moments, tore him to shreds.  When the beast was finally put down, I went to him and using a scroll, brought him back to our world.  It was a painful process ,,, Sehky was not carrying a soul stone! When he has regained his faculties sufficiently, he's going to get a talking too!  I always carry one with a spare.  I would not want to put anyone through such as that.  Of late, I had been thinking about upgrading my bow or finding a better one.  After such a battle I fear this must be done.  If I can not hit my targets, what use am I but a hinderance to others?  Sure, I removed the stench of dragon fear from a few until my item was depleted, a couple healings ... but ... *Sighs*

And then there is the curse I am helping on putting away.  Its a long list of ingredients.  One I think I may have.  Dragons blood.  They may want to know from what dragon ... Hmmm.  Battle at Briardusk I believe or that time era ... in battle of course ... behind the front lines moving forward ... I believe ... *Tiny holes in the page from the tip of the quill tapping while in thought* ... there were good dragons flying about, helping, and one fell lying on the battlefield, yes, I recal lnow.  I stopped and grabbed a vial, because my thoughts back then were, that this is useful stuff in high magics and being hard to come by ... thats why I stopped to fill a vial briefly.  Yes, yes, coming back to me now.  Not sure if its acceptable or not, but, I can try, no?

So, now I rest, albeit briefly, as the oak needs to be made into bow staves for delivery. A short reverie I will partake in, then back to work once again. At least I am kept busy.  Sharyn has been helping more out at the House of Hope, I will have to stop by soon and see how things are and thank her as well. Busy, busy, busy.

Jilseponie Wyndon

Jil's Journal 2
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2012, 09:23:01 pm »
My delving into the problems I encountered have taken me places I have not been before.  I have learned things about my race that were both astonishing and embarrassing.  Through the courtesy of an old friend, Brisbane, we stood before one of the ruling councils of Voltrex.  The beauty and majesty of the place is sorely understated.  Some of the lower class we spoke with wsa quite pleasant, but the leader of the Council we met, I am ashamed to say, was arrogant and rude.  I am sure they have their reasons for for why they "Wall" themselves off ... but apparently courtesy and manners were a price they paid for such.  Still, I got the information I was looking for, but that also leads me down another path.  Yet a step closer to my goal.  My visitations take me to sea, literally, for my information lies within a temple of Sea Elves.  I did some research on them, and again, another race that does not look kindly upon the Land-walkers.    If only I knew someone high up in their temple that could provide me with a proper introduction and give good references to my motives and actions.

Looking forward to this matter, I may in the near future require a ship.  Fate has its ways of putting things in order.  Not too long ago Razeriem posted a note looking for a specific item, of which I actually had created myself  exceptionally. I offered it freely yet, he would not hear of it and requested payment be an evening with him.  He currently has the means to sail, despite some political red-tape.  He has offered to assist me either with his ship or one I acquire if he was able to Captain it.  I know not yet what may transpire in the future, but I like to have my bases covered.  I have not told him everything, just the basics of what I needed, but not what for, but he seemed more than willing, if only,  to ride the sea again.  Time will tell.

Then Razeriem tried one of his old tricks again.  He asked for an archery challenge, of which, if he won, would win a Kiss.  If I won, I would win a Kiss.  Not much of a challenge there.  Why shoot at all when both prizes are the same?  No, I would not fall for that.  So I asked for another Dinner-Date if I was to win.  He accepted.  So in one months time we stand at the Crossroads.

And I have been traveling the Great Forest and the Deep with Gorm I have increased my skills through the many castings of protective spells that I acquired more knowledge of the Al'Noth.  I have now learned the particular spell that can take me home no matter where I roam, well besides areas that mess with the currents of the Al'Noth.  Which also means, I will be traveling less without my faithful steed, as I would still have to make the foot/ship trip back to where I left him stabled.  This could also be good for him as well, given his age.  As long as I have had him, I do not think he would roam far from his favorite apple tree next to the house.  

Cord moved out, the house empty again.  She got her own place now so my footsteps echo on the wooden floor once again.  Perhaps another will take her place.  She is such a sweet kid.  I hope she does well out on her own.

I am sure there are other things I want to write, but the hour is late, my mind a bit tangled, (mind wrestling with Razeriem's passion is a feat in itself) I will close for now and continue later.

Jilseponie Wyndon

Jil's Journal 2
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2012, 02:06:41 pm »
My daughter finally left after many hours of talk, of my adventures and hers.  And our bond is even closer now.  I look at the house and I have to laugh.  She dusted in a hurry, which means I will have to do it again.  The thought and intention was nice though.  But relaxation ... that may take some time ...

My trip with Storold was no pleasure walk.  So much happened, and yet there were many days here and there of ... nothing.  Sitting and waiting. Storolds mission was simple. Return the Al'noth to those areas lacking it.  I travel through those areas and know how difficult it is to pass through.  I thought it a noble venture.  So I agreed to follow along and help wherever I could.  And I am glad  Iwas able to go, as I was able to assist in many cases.  I could go on and on of the long battles against pit creatures in the many pits we traveled through, or the long hours we sat and waited while the others studied the ravellings of an intricate spell trap or portal doorway.  But I will annotate here 5 instances that stand out most in my experiences there.

First was a malfunction that caught Alantha, Xaltotun, Vreble and Tralek and wiped them clean of the Al'noth. They were unable to recall spells or cast anything for many days.  Alantha seemed to handle it worse as she apparently came to rely totally upon her magical abilities and felt totally weak in its absence.

Second ... seeing the streams of the Al'noth coming from its main source.

Third was finding Dreznebs tower and going through his rooms.  The Dungeon held a lone Avariel, perhaps the last of her kind.  A winged humanoid creature.  We released her and she tagged along for a short wile.  We found Drezneb's office and upon entering, an Image of Dresneb appeared.  Once we determined it was safe, I searched through the office and the desk that adorned it.  I found nothing. So to get a better view from His perspective, I sat at his desk in his chair and looked about from that viewpoint.  The image of Him turned to face me and it spoke saying that I dare to usurp al his power?!  I was out of the chair i na flash, but the door to the room slammed shut leaving me trapped within and magics built up and flashed all about the room.  I tried covering myself with protective magics, but they were like parchment in a rainstorm.  Suddenly my world was filled with pain and I fell to the floor.  The touch of the Soul Mother was an arms length away, but the regenerative powers of 2 items I wore began quickly healing my body, staving off those few steps that would have taken me to the Soul Mothers side.  When I awoke, Sala and Storold stood above me, Sala applying her healing skills.

Fourth was after the "Chair" incident, we found Drezneb's Library.  We spent many days going through the hundreds of books on the hundreds of pits and planes trying to find our way back home.  So much was learned.

Fifth was the Ring.  Storold made a mistake that almost ended it all and put on Dresnebs ring.  I am unsure of its properties, but it had a connection, sentinent perhaps, that connected it to the Tower.  It held all the Knowledge of the pits and planes and of the Al'noth, a way home.  But it was pure evil and attempted to take over Storold .. totally.  It was a tough fight, and we thought we had lost him, but he pulled through.  Now it is nothing more than a reminder, a trinket, a souvenir.  

But we finally came out of the rift near Dalanthar at the last moment and watched rockfall and landslides with a wild lightstorm above above it, slowly diminish to a dust cloud and faint rumbles.  What results from all that was done has yet to remain to be seen.   But now all is done, we are home and in one piece.  We all bear our individual scars, some of which will take much more time to heal than others.  The "universe" is much larger than I thought. It seems almost infinite.   But if the Averial does find more of her kind, I would like to visit them.  There is so much out there that Drezneb defiled in his control of the Al'noth.  But it has been about 3 years and much has changed since then.  I will have much to catch up on.  A Reverie uninterrupted is the first thing on my list of things to do.  But I am glad to be back home and just as glad Storold was successful in his attempts and proved all the nay-sayers wrong.  Well done Storold, well done.