The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Kahna Krows rise to become a mighty & noble warrior  (Read 225 times)

Kahna Krows rise to become a mighty & noble warrior
« on: November 27, 2005, 10:30:00 am »
*As she finally has a moment to herself, Kahna sits down to write in her journal.*

It is time to reflect upon my life such as it has been.  Since leaving my parents home in Blackford Castle to search for grand adventures and to become a mighty and noble warrior, many strange and wonderful things have happened.

The first is which was the strangest of all.  Weary from traveling, I made camp in a forest grove and settled near the fire to rest.  As I lay my head on my pack my eyes begin to slowly close.  Suddenly, I am in front of a dragon!  I do not know whether this is a dream or if it is real!  I am quite startled to find myself standing before it.  Then it begins to open its mouth…I thought quickly of running away thinking it would eat me where I stand but then it began to speak…

The next thing I knew I was standing in the town of Hlint.  I thought back to my “dream?”  I remembered very few things but came away with a feeling, a feeling that I was destined to do something.  Something very important, important enough to risk my life to aid others from the dangers that lurk in this land.  The name Sinthar Bloodstone pops into my head.  I remember few details about him…only that he is to be feared and destroyed.  I feel this from the Dragon; I seem to have an odd connection to it… It wants us all to unite to destroy this evil man.

I think to myself, I am a young and an inexperienced fighter.  How can I do this daunting thing?  Then I remember the last words that my father spoke to me before I left my home when I told him how I felt that I was not yet strong enough…. He said to me ”Kahna, yer strength is like the strength of ten because yer heart is pure.”  As I listened to his words they penetrated my being.  Since I am the daughter of Vorax parents, I was able to hold my head high and walk out of my protected environment with enough confidence to face anything that came in my path to harm my loved ones or me.

*As she puts her quill down, she stretches and yawns.  Thinking that there are many more ventures to write about but barely able to keep her eyes open, she closes her journal for now to rest.*

RE: Kahna Krows rise to become a mighty & noble warrior
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2005, 08:14:00 pm »
*Journal entry*
I have met many races here in this land of Mistone.  Very few have left a memorable and lasting impressions upon me.  One of the first to leave an impression on me was someone whom I recently ran into again. An old friend. *chuckles* An old friend indeed!  At the time when I first met him I did not think of him as a friend at all!  I was in a little trouble…again.  I needed help retrieving my soul.  I accidentally ran into him and asked if he would help me.  "His help came with a price", he said sinister like.  I would have to retrieve things for him until my debt was paid.  I felt like his servant, me a servant? Ha! Begrudgingly, I did repay the debt.  But in the process we became friends.  I realize now that he helped me know the lands around me better.  I remember traveling with him in the forests and sharing a campfire with him.  I was impressed with his knowledge and abilities.  He left me better than what I was before I met him.  After all this time, I finally got the opportunity to thank Cole Norseman for being my first friend and guide in this mysterious land.

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2005, 05:11:00 am »
*Journal entry*
*unrolls a parchment and takes out a quill, begins to write in a slightly unsteady hand*
Explored some unknown territory today, at least unknown to me.  *with a grim look* Learned some very valuable things from this experience.  *with a smirk on her face* I guess I will be “reflecting” upon those things for a while…
*she says out loud* I could sure use an ale or more right now…Well like my mother always says…”Ye need to live and breathe the experience to learn the valuable things.”  *thinks wryly* I just wish it wasn’t so painful sometimes.  I guess it's the price ye pay when ye want become better than what ye are.

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2005, 08:18:00 pm »
*Journal entry*

I have decided to seek out assistance in getting training to become a great warrior.  I have found someone who will help me with my goal.  I think he will be a very competent trainer and will teach me many useful things.

I have begun my training.  I was given two tasks to complete and I was to do them alone.  

The first task was to seek out topaz and bring one back to my Trainer and the other task was to find out what was the name of an "Inn" on the Continent of Dregar.  I decided on getting the topaz first since I knew where to find it.  I had been to the cave where the topaz is but never alone.  I was unsure if I could complete this task on my own.  By using my wit, sword and alot of bandages I was able to complete the task pretty much intact.  I received a few minor scars but nothing that won't fade with time.

The second task had me concerned.  I had only been to Dregar a couple of times and the last time was not pleasant and I had never been there alone.  I traveled by ship to Hurm and made my way to the north.  I knew part of the way to my destination safely up until I reached The Rift.  From there on out it was a blind stumble to my goal.  My heart pounded in my chest as I traveled through The Rift, as I knew what was in there and I did not want to encounter these dangerous creatures again.  After many wrong turns I was able to find my way to my final destination and learn of the name of the Inn that I needed to find.  Luckily, I was able to avoid all the dangers on my way there and on the way back.

I am proud of myself for accomplishing these tasks alone.  I can't wait to report to my trainer.  I will be curious to hear what he thinks.

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2005, 05:45:00 pm »
*Journal entry*

Well, my training is going pretty well.  I'm learining alot of new things.  I'm going to keep a seperate journal for my training information to refer back to when needed.  I still have alot of questions I want to ask my trainer.  He has kept me so busy that I have not had time to ask too many things.  He says I am near the end of my training so I must pick his brain when I can.

Training to be a great warrior reminds me of some of the great warriors I have met since coming to Hlint.  One of the those that come to mind is Bruenor Wildbeard.  I had the opportunity of traveling with him a few times and observing him.  I was quite impressed with his skills.  My brother and him were mates.  They traveled together quite often and were a team to be reckoned with.  I wonder what happened to him....

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2005, 03:48:00 pm »
*Journal entry*

Made some shields for the war effort and donated them.  It wasn't much but it was what I could contribute for now.  Hopefully my training is preparing me when the time comes to fight with Blood.  I feel I have so much more to learn though.  I have been so busy preparing and training that I feel estranged from my friends.  But I suspect that they are doing the same.  

There seems to be some strange things happening throughout Mistone.  I have felt the hair raise on the back of my neck and my skin tingle with odd feelings when I travel.  I have been almost overwhelmed by creatures attacking.  It's like there is a stirring going on.....like something is going to happen soon.... I would not reccommend traveling alone if ye can help it.  I shall start spreading the word.

anything