The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Kyle Pandorn: Stranger in a Strange Land  (Read 15912 times)

SteveJW

Re: Kyle Pandorn: Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #100 on: June 17, 2006, 07:15:53 am »
Well...it's over again...

Treana has once again called off the wedding. She tells me that it was a lie from the very start...that she was just off her mourning for first husband...Erathim...when she entered her relationship with Talen. She says that maybe she was searching for someone just like Erathim and Talen seemed to be the one. That...Treana said was the lie. And that what led to the first break up.

The second time...Addison Scarlace had complicated things. Addy has professed to be in love with Treana. That...was a bolt from the blue. Sa'kura and I were stunned at this news. Now...I think it is because Addy has just lost Cole and is confused on what she really wants...and Treana said that she cannot return that kind of love for Addy. They had talked...and Addy is content with things the way they are now between them as the good friends they always were. I hope Addy can clear her mind and heart. But she had nothing to do with Treana's decison. Sa'kura and I promised not to say anything on this to protect Addy's dignity.

And now...my friend Talen...

He was devastated by the news. To the point of drawing steel on Rain Darsus in Hlnt. He blamed Addy for causing Treana to end the relationship...to the point of threatening Addy with death. That would have been impossible. Addy is a Master and would have made short work of Talen. I asked him if he really wanted to make her baby an orphan...a thought he said that had crossed his mind but I reminded him that he was not that cold and he immediately recanted. We spent a long time talking in the Craft House...tears and sadness. I told him all Treana told me...and that her doubt is what ended it. That was the whole point of the Courting Period.

It will take a long time for Talen to get over the hurt and anger. I pray with all my heart that he does. He is a good man and derserves one who can love him completely...Treana's words.

I hope that Talen finds it in his heart to continue as a friend to Treana. Only time will tell that...

SteveJW

« Reply #101 on: June 20, 2006, 04:44:46 pm »
Rhynn has stepped in it this time...

She had become 'intmate' with Mith. Mith...I have lost what little respect I have for him. To me...he is lower than dirt. He is beneath my contempt. If it weren't for the magics he hides behind...

Rhynn...Rhynn...Rhynn...what were you thinking? How can you betray Anna so? And Freldo too. I know Freldo can be a bit of an ass..but he did not deserve that. She told him all about it...and predictably and understandably he has left her. Maybe for the better. In all fairness...Freldo really didn't spend that much time with Rhynn. And while that doesn't excuse what happened...it would explain why.

I myself...cannot bring myself to be really angry with Rhynn. She has had a tough go of it...and with what she has gone through...lesser people would have gone totally insane. I will still be the supportive 'big brother' I was...and I hope I can help her get through this. I pray that love will find her again.

Better news..if you could call it that...

My youngest sister...Jenna...is in Hlint. Rhynn told me. Now why would the dragon call her to Hlint? Don't get me wrong...she's my sister and I love her...but she has a knack for being where she isn't supposed to be. I myself had to bail her from jail a couple of times.

Still...I will be happy to see her. And happy that she will meet Ferrit. Ferrit will have a 'sister' to call her own...

SteveJW

« Reply #102 on: June 21, 2006, 05:51:58 pm »
Seems that I'm destined to be someone's Best Man...

If not Talen...then Rain. Rain Darsus. He is seeing Sonya Darkangel and they wish to get married. He said he doesn't know too many here...and asked me to stand with him at their wedding. Now this wedding will be more like Ferit and mine. I won't have to kiss Sonya to test her love. I was honored to accept. Now the planning begins.

I got a note from him. From Jenna. And an enchanted copper ingot. Jenna sounds like she wants to turn a new leaf. I will give her the benefit of the doubt. She is my sister after all...

SteveJW

« Reply #103 on: June 22, 2006, 07:23:01 pm »
I finally ran into my sister today...

We hugged and cried a bit. We got to talking about how she came to be here. She isn't dragoncalled. She came because the Magistrate in North Hampshire said..'use your skills to do good for a change and pay back what was taken'. How she is going to do that...I don't know. She mentioned tailoring and I know Ferrit would love to teach her.

She also told me about meeting Talen. And that she was attracted to him. I told her he had a really bad break up not long ago...and he may not be looking for another just yet. She just nodded and got back to telling me how everyone was being good to her.

I will be good to have her around. I can feel it...

SteveJW

« Reply #104 on: June 24, 2006, 12:19:51 am »
War is coming...I can feel it...

And saw it. This Black Hodded figure strolls into town and using this staff that has an eye in it starts looking over the town. And it's people. Myself included. Must be an advanced scout for Blood looking to see how well defended Hlint is. There's been rumors of an invasion force alrady on Dregar. If Blood takes Dregar...then Rilara would be next...then Mistone.

But something Ozy said that really makes me think. Diversions were the calling cards of some of his generals. I believe that with the sighting of this scout in Hlint...then Dregar is a fake attack...since the Dragoncalled will undoubtably be going to Dregar...leaving Mistone woefully undermanned.

Some may call me coward...but my place is with Ferrit and now Jenna. If what I fear is true...then I will defend my home...and them...with everything I have in me. I will stay on Mistone. And I will try to convince some of the Dragoncalled to stay as well. Hlint may very well be the last battlefield.

And then...I would hate to think of the future if Hlint were to fall...

SteveJW

« Reply #105 on: June 24, 2006, 02:18:06 pm »
*Kyle looks around the house in Krandor. He sighs heavily as he writes in his journal. The sounds of Ferrit and Jenna talking in the pantry causes him to pause. He manages a weak smile and begins to write*

The time draws near...

I finally convinced Ferrit to gather all she could and head for Hlint. She and Jenna have hit it off really well since they met and Ferrit is thrilled to death on having a sister. They will be best of friends and I am glad. It is what we will fight for this day. This day...Sinthar Bloodstone will be just a bad memory...a spooky story to scare young children at bedtime. Rhynn and those who go to battle will return victorious. And we...will...have...peace. Ilsare's love will keep them safe.

In Hlint...I will take up station near the portals outside Moraken's. It is the most likely spot for an invasion force to come from. I hope I can rally whatever support I can from Talon and Garent and the militia stationed here. We cannot trust the Mistone Alliance. We may be on our own.

I hope that the battle on Dregar stops this before it starts...

SteveJW

« Reply #106 on: June 25, 2006, 12:14:17 am »
This is a day of mixed emotions....

First I'll start with the happiest of all news. Sinthar Bloodstone is no more!!!! The war is now over as the final blood pool has been destroyed and Blood along with it. However...a darkening cloud is everywhere...a by product of the destruction. A great evil has been vanquished today...and threatens us no more. A time for celebration is at hand.

But...it will have to be a subdued one. For the City of Pranzis....one a bustling port town has fallen and is held by the remnants of Blood's Army. So many have died there which makes Blood's demise bittersweet. But...since Blood is gone...it shouldn't be too hard to retake Pranzis and build it back up to it's former glory. And I...will...be there for the retaking. I swear it.

But first...I must tell Ferrit. She will be so relieved that we can finally turn out thoughts to having a family. One that will never have to face the likes of Bloodstone.

And the future looks brighter already...dark cloud in the sky notwithstanding....

SteveJW

« Reply #107 on: June 26, 2006, 03:39:05 pm »
Addison and Treana lovers...

I...don't know what to say to that. The Ilsarian in me should be glad that they both found love...but there is another side of me that isn't so sure. I still need time to sort it out. I mean I have known a couple of those types of relationships. But why am I so...shocked at this? Was all that talk of traditions and the Old Culture that Treana was so proud of before all a lie? Do I care more about them than she does? I need time...

On more grim news....

Ozymandias gave us a little history lesson. One that does not paint a bright and rosy future. The dark cloud overhead according to him may last for decades....or centuries. And that to insure survival...we must adapt to changing climate...and attitudes. We must be able to use everything and not waste. The plants and animals who can't survive...won't. We must start now to gather and store them and conserve them. We must go on a fish diet. Fish it seems will be really the only meat around. The climate will get colder. We must wear suitable clothing...and have suitable shelter.

And the only way to do that is to get as many people together as possible and cooperate with each other. To put past predjudices and hatreds aside. to insure that we will survive the coming Dark Ages.

Or...Bloodstone will have had the last laugh from the grave...

SteveJW

« Reply #108 on: June 28, 2006, 03:21:42 pm »
Ok...so it isn't that bad...

I spoke to Treana yesterday. I guess the inital shock has worn off and I can come to accept her choice of love. The heart is a funny thing...you never know who Ilsare's love will shine on. And I guess this proves it. She and Addy are both wearing Courting Garb...thus showing all that they intend to wed. If I'm asked to be Viza Na'Ruvan for either of them...I will decline. Partially out of my friendship for Talen...and...heh...I seem to be the kiss of death for that. Twice I was Talen's Viza Na'Ruvan..and twice his relationship failed. I wouldn't want that to happen a third time. Besides...I don't want to test Ferrit's patience a third time. This has become a rather unique situation.

It will be interesting for sure...

SteveJW

« Reply #109 on: July 02, 2006, 10:46:43 am »
I could just kill Barion Firesteed....

He went to do something foolish. He was about to go to Firesteep alone. He was shaken by Abigail's suicide that I thought he was doing this to kill himself. Sa'kura was beside herself. She had received a letter from him stating that he wasn't good enough for her and she should move on. Hogwash!!! I saw how they are together. Sa'kura was beside herself with anguish. And there was only one thing to do.

We went to the base of Firesteep Mountain. We had hoped to intercept him and knock sense into him. Sure...he and Abi were close. Like brother and sister. And her suicide cut deep. But...he was running away. Running away from a woman who loves him deeply. Enough to risk Firesteep alone herself...and The Plane of The Lost if needed. I wasn't about to let her go alone. But...thank the gods we caught him.

The sight of Sa'kura was enough to keep him from going. They held each other for a while and I discreetly moved away to give them their privacy. I went back to North Point.

Sa'kura caught me later and said everything will be fine. They and a very long talk. I can only wonder about what they said. I think they will be alright mow.

There is always hope...even when things seem hopeless...

SteveJW

« Reply #110 on: July 03, 2006, 02:20:52 pm »
The entry on this page seems to be written by someone who is barely controlling seething rage.

Will it never end?....

Anna's babies were taken right from her womb my magical means which nearly killed her. And Ozy tells us someone is bound on the outer planes...and needs twins to perform a ritual to free him.

Such an abomination!!! Anna feels so empty now...the life she was carrying now gone from her. I...can barely contol myself. First the Pandemonial Horses...now this. We must get them back. We must.

I fear another trip to the planes is inevitable. And I will be there...for a friend...and for her children.

I will hold Ferrit tightly tonight. I need all the courage I can get...

The ink trails off in a very angry streak.

SteveJW

« Reply #111 on: July 06, 2006, 02:06:26 pm »
Jenna is acting strange...

She is smiling and seems to be lost in thought most of the time. She won't tell me and just changes the subject every time I ask. She was invited to Rain and Sonya's wedding...she showed me the invitation. She just prattles on about making a dress for it. I  think I'll have Ferrit help her.

We have collected most of the provisions for the wedding. Now all that's left is the place. We need to talk to Freldo about the Arms...or Anna about Freelancers. Worse comes to worse...outside our house in Krandor would do just fine.

Ferrit and I are collecting more goods for Roldem and will go there in a while. We are to build and farm and teach those who wish to learn. Being so close to home makes me want to drop by.

And Ferrit will finally meet the whole family...

SteveJW

« Reply #112 on: July 07, 2006, 03:24:38 pm »
Glenn Thendor...dead...

I..can't believe it. Addison told Ferrit and me while we were collecting things for Roldem. The news hit us like an ogre's hammer. He was without a doubt the closest friend either one of us ever had. Ferrit just started to cry and I held her and kissed her tears away. Addison got a little uncomfortable with that and ran off before we could say anything to her.

I remember him saving us from the authorities by warning us of the shady dealings that so called 'trading guild' we had joined a while back. We never forgot that and we all became close friends after that.

He made both of us our mahogany bows. And every time I use 'Ferrit's Love'...I know he will be with us. He was going to make a bow out of yew wood...but I don't know if he succeeded.

We will hold a wake for him after Rain and Sonya's wedding. I will fire an arrow into the air in rememberance.

We will miss him terribly...

SteveJW

« Reply #113 on: July 09, 2006, 09:07:21 am »
Thw wedding was terrific...

Sonya was gorgeous...Rain was a wreck...and the ceremony went off without a problem. As I stood beside Rain...I couldn't help steal glances at Ferrit. I guess it was the emotions of the moment...but I was brought back to our wedding day. I remember Ferrit...dressed in her wedding gown looking as radiant as the sun was that day. Ferrit saw me and smiled back at me. We are so in tune with each other I could swear she was reading my thoughts...that she sees me...in my groom's tux...standing before her...pledging my love to her all over again. I still love Ferrit today as I did that day. Even more so. And I hope that Rain and Sonya have an equal love for each other.

I did get an interesting note from Jenna. Apparently Rain had invited her to come as well...but the note was for Elgon Merrick. I didn't read the note...but when I gave it to Elgon...his face betrayed a hint of worry. I wonder what that is all about. I'll have to ask Jenna. I met Elgon a few times...and he seems to be a good sort. I'll have to see...

I must get back to work...Roldem really needs those shafts...

SteveJW

« Reply #114 on: July 11, 2006, 02:25:11 pm »
So...Sa'kura is Treana's Viza Na'Ruvan...

I remember telling her about it when I was Talen's...but she didn't really understand it. But...since I am now the A'Tulsaiir Na'Birisa...Speaker and Binder...I told her exactly what it entails. She doesn't really want to do it. And Barion...he really doesn't want her to do it. Kiss another woman as she would him? I can empathize with him. Ferrit wasn't too thrilled when it was me. And I'm not sure I would like it if Ferrit were asked. I will have to watch Sa'kura closely to see if she is honest about the A'Dose Min Im'Taro Desiir. She is a little Hesitant...but she says she does it for Treana.

Barion has good reason to be...concerned. He proposed to Sa'kura the other day. They haven't set a date...but he is now worried about Sa'kura and her duties. I hope they will get through this.

Elgon Merrick wants to see Jenna. Said he needed to apologize to her. What for...I didn't ask. He seems a good sort. I will need to talk to Jenna about him. See what is going on.

Quantum Windword will pay me 10,000 gold sovreigns for 40 hickory shafts...better get started with that...

SteveJW

« Reply #115 on: July 12, 2006, 01:50:14 pm »
Addison....why you?

Why did you have to go and get killed? And leave little Calvin an orphan?

Addison was killed for the last time in the underdark. This is what Treana and Anna told me in Hlint last night. That she died fighting Illithid. Even Ferrit was shocked at the news. We just stood in the kitchen of the Wild Surge...holding on to each other...crying. Addison was a strong...beautiful...caring friend. We will miss her terribly.

Treana is broken-hearted. And I feel I'm responsible. I mean...I was involved three times in her wedding...and three times it ended in sadness. I fear I am a curse upon her. I must stay away from her or she may have something evil befall her.

And I will not be the cause of anymore sadness for her...

SteveJW

« Reply #116 on: July 14, 2006, 11:58:19 pm »
So...I'm not a curse on her after all...

Treana can be very...candid. After noticing my trying to keep my distance...she made me realize that it was just bad luck...karma...call it what you will. She told me that it was 4 times for her...so if anyone was cursed...it would be her. We just chuckled a bit. And then she hugged me for emphasis...little Calvin watching from behind her skirt. My...he is getting big. Growing like a weed. Pretty soon...he will be able to challenge me. Heh...

We had a meeting in Roldem. To discuss what needed to be done. And a lot needs to be done. Building supplies...blankets...food...training...we have our work cut out for us. We will manage.

Now...to get started on those shafts...

SteveJW

« Reply #117 on: July 15, 2006, 10:55:14 pm »
I feel close to mastering my katana...

I have been practicing my strikes...and can now perform the Whirlwind. And I can now block with a counter strike as well. I'm not sure if anyone can truly master a weapon...but I am close to making mine a part of me. I need to find a mentor...Addy...*tear stain*...was my de facto mentor. And she was to introduce me to her mentor. But now...I'm back to searching for one.

I now...not only train for Ferrit...but I train now in memory of Addison Scarlace. One Master...to another...

SteveJW

« Reply #118 on: July 18, 2006, 07:42:01 am »
Bureaucratic nonsense...

I must put my name as Guild Leader to give Rain his wish of running a guild....even if my leadership is temporary. It seems Rain is not seasoned enough to be a leader according to the Town Council. I am in my 12th season and according to the Council fit to run the guld. I will do this...because Rain is my friend.

That said...I have to confess...Ferrit and I talked to Kharl Drake of the Orc Bashers. It was a time when Rain was a little too careless...the Soul Mother paid him a visit on Dregar. It would be a tragedy if he were to succumb to her just after getting the guild up and running. However...the restrictions the Orc Bashers would place on us would be a little excessive to us and we won't be joining them. Besides...I'm not one to bail out on a friend. Ferrit and I will be much happier with Rain.

Rain was relieved at that news. Elgon had caught us talking with Drake and told Rain. He was so morose when I found him in Hlint. He told me he will be more cautious in the future and that was enough for me and Ferrit to tell him we would stay.

And now I know why Jenna is in such good spirits lately...

She is in love. With Elgon Merrick. No wonder he is nervous around me. Heh...I could have a little fun with this...but Jenna will be mortified. I wonder though why she hasn't told me about him?

I'll have to talk to her...

SteveJW

« Reply #119 on: July 20, 2006, 09:36:34 pm »
I have impressed Barion...

With my Whirlwind. The move Addison had shown me and I practiced many times. Barion was so impressed that he will show me some tricks of his own. But...he also bade me to seek out Jet so that he can pick up where Addison left off. However...no one can replace Addison. I will do this. I trust Barion's word on this because as a Master is a Master...no matter what blade he wields.

I will train hard with Jet. And maybe Ferrit can come along and hone her skill with her rapier. Then we can protect each other for the hard times ahead. The gods know we will need it.

Jenna left word that she wishes to see me. I wonder what it could be about...