The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Kyle Pandorn: Stranger in a Strange Land  (Read 16015 times)

SteveJW

Re: Kyle Pandorn: Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #120 on: July 22, 2006, 02:35:21 pm »
Jenna finally told me about her and Elgon...

Not that it came as a surprise...Rain had already told me. But I tried to fake it. Did a good job too...Jenna didn't suspect that I knew. I just let her stumble over her words...being nervous. I don't know why eirhter of them would be...Jenna is my little sister but isn't a little girl anymore.

Well...after letting her rant on...I told her I already knew. She punched my arm....annoyed that I would let her make a fool of herself. But eventually I told her to be careful...that Elgon being a warrior puts him in dangerous places at times. Then I paid for the drinks and left after giving Jenna a hug. She seemed relieved. And happy. I hope Elgon keeps her from trouble.

Heh...I caught Elgon at the Craft House. And I couldn't help myself. I put the poor sod though the wringer. Played the protective big brother...looking out for his kid sister. Even to the point of resting my hand on the hilt of my katana. And Jenna is right...he is cute when he is all nervous. Heh. But...in all fairness...I think his feelings for Jenna are genuine. I won't stand in the way. As long as Elgon is the man I believe him to be...Jenna should be fine.

I must find Quantum. His oak shafts are waiting...

SteveJW

« Reply #121 on: July 24, 2006, 03:20:40 pm »
I think something is happening to Elgon...

He claims his sword...his father's...has a life of its own. He says it is jealous when he held my katana for a few moments. I even cut myself when I held Elgon's blade. Something I should never have been able to do. He is also filled with blood lust...a wanton desire to bring death to orcs in particular. Rain and I were beside ourselves. Rain is of the opinion that he would not hurt Jenna...but blood lust knows no friend or foe at times. I am afraid for my little sister.

Rain and I will have to find out more about the deaths of Elgon's parents. Something just doesn't feel right about this.

I must keep a close eye on Elgon. And on Jenna. I have a very bad feeling about this...

SteveJW

« Reply #122 on: July 25, 2006, 02:14:15 pm »
Kyle rises early...dresses and kisses Ferrit on the forehead. He goes toward the portal room where he sees the letter under the front door. He picks it up and reads it.

So...Rain seems to have things under control....

And the sword indeed an instrument of control. And I agree...Elgon must learn to master it....before it masters him. I will do my best to teach him what Addison had taught me...and someday...when I have truly mastered my own blade...I can pass that on to Elgon. That and with the meditations that Rain is teaching him...we may have a chance at saving him.

But I am still not convinced that Jenna is truly safe. But from what this letter said...Elgon is fine without his sword. I shall watch him carefully. I will not stop Jenna from seeing him. But if any evil befalls her because of that sword...

SteveJW

« Reply #123 on: July 30, 2006, 10:13:31 am »
Time to catch up with my thoughts...

We found the city of Estibana. We had to sail from Saudira and were attacked by pirates. We killed them...but not before they had killed our captain and a good portion of the crew. So...Rhynn took over and I volunteered to be one of her crew. Not a smart move. I fell out of the rigging...almost killing myself. I tried to go back up...but I guess the fall affected me...as I froze and couldn't climb up. After embarrassing myself...I won't say how...I climbed down only to help Rhynn steer the ship after a squall had started to blow the ship off course. There is a vortex over Estibana and we decided to mark the position on our maps for a return trip. Needless to say...I will stay as far from the rigging as I can...

I got a hold of some platinum. Can't make armor with it yet...so I'll try to make a composite oak shortbow. It won't be as good as the mahogany...but Ferrit will love it anyway.

I need to take Elgon to the arena for training. I think things are getting serious between him and Jenna...and he needs to master that sword of his.

I hope he has the will to be a master...

SteveJW

« Reply #124 on: August 01, 2006, 02:10:28 pm »
I should stay more with the group or else I may lose the one thing that means the world to me...

Ferrit. We started a trek around Dregar...and we did very well. Until I needed to leave them to go back home. Now...Ferrit is a grown woman and she is capable of taking care of herself...but after I kissed her goodbye and went home...he heard she fell to an ambush of undead Drow. I felt horrible for leaving her. Maybe if only I had been there...lucky Sh'anda was able to raise her. And she didn't see the Soul Mother either. From now on...I shall make an effort to be at her side until she is safe. Then I will rest a little easier.

Elgon is becoming more skilled in battle...

It is a pleasure really to battle at his side. He is learning quickly. However...he is still prone to a little blood lust and I had to all but restrain him in Haven. Maybe it is the sword starting to assert itself...or maybe he is trying hard to impress me. He doesn't have to impress me.

Maybe some day he will be a Master...

SteveJW

« Reply #125 on: August 03, 2006, 07:18:58 pm »
Addison's memorial was...interesting...

Caniel Scarlace...Addy's mother...went on a rant about how we weren't truly her freinds...that Treana didn't really love her....lots of 'nice' things. Even threatened to take Calvin away from Treana. But...that was just a mother's grief talking. She eventually recanted and we all shared fond memories of Addison.

Addy had left me something in her will. An adamantium katana with a 3rd circle enchantment of cold. Her katana. I am not yet able to wield such power...but as she bade me in her will...I will 'grow into' the weapon. And everytime I wield it...I know Addison will be with me in spirit. I will miss her.

I must rest. The guild has been approved and i must get it ready quickly...

SteveJW

« Reply #126 on: August 07, 2006, 09:35:53 pm »
A friend is hurting...

Rain thinks Sonya is about to leave him. She had read his journal and that with her feeling tied down has made him believe she is ready to run away. Rain had told me she feels that life is passing her by now...and Rain believes that the babies and he are holding her back. I don't think she will leave...she loves Rain and the babies too much.

Add that to the fact that Rain caught her and Mercas talking in private...well...he assumed the worst. It took a talking to by me...Ferrit and Elgon to convince him that if he doesn't talk to Sonya soon...he will lose her. And that he said he cannot bear. I think he is off to find Mercas...who has exiled himself to Dregar because of all this. He had left the group in the Ajari and it cost Rain his life once and almost cost Jenna hers. I will have to speak with Mercas on his impatience.

The guild is starting to become a family...and I must do my best to see it stay together. Family is family...

SteveJW

« Reply #127 on: August 08, 2006, 09:25:04 pm »
All is well with Rain and Sonya...

Rain went to Dregar to find Sonya and Mercas. But it was Sonya who found him...and from the look on Rain's face...they have patched things up between them. Ferrit and I both thought he was going to do something rash...but we were wrong. And we are glad we were.

My training with the katana has suffered a bit. I must get back to practicing else I'll never become a Master and be able to teach Elgon how to control his blood lust. Addison was going to introduce me to her mentor...but she died before we could meet. I wonder if Treana knows who it was and can set up a meeting...

Kyle grabs his katana and heads to 150 Krandor to make use of the training dummy there.

SteveJW

« Reply #128 on: August 14, 2006, 04:18:19 pm »
The guild is starting to shape up...

We have hired Barion Firesteed as a freelance weaponssmith for 5% of the selling price. And he offers some tips on how Raven ran things. That will help us greatly as we are just starting out. We did well in getting him. If he works out we will raise his commission.

And...we also agreed to let Mith sell his items through us. He will also make Wands of Stoneskin for us...provided we supply the materials for him. But...I'm not so sure I like the idea given I don't trust him. He will only deal with Ferrit...which makes me trust him even less. We will have to see.

I will keep telling Ferrit how much I love her and hope that is enough...

SteveJW

« Reply #129 on: August 18, 2006, 02:07:48 pm »
This is written on a new page the page before has fallen out for some reason

How could I be so stupid...

I almost lost Ferrit today. Not to death...but to mistrust and fear. My mistrust of Mith and fear that he is triyng to take Ferrit from me has made me forget that it is Ferrit I trust. And I do trust her....unconditionally and totally. And I hurt her.

And I hope I can truly make it up to her. And then I hope she will see that I am the same good man she loves and married...

The ink trails off...with a tear stain at the end.

SteveJW

« Reply #130 on: August 21, 2006, 07:00:31 am »
I must return to Vanavar...

Mother has taken ill and may leave this world. This means I must leave the guild in the hands of my beloved Ferrit. It will only be a few days...but it will seem like an eternity. I love Ferrit so much...and wish she could be there by my side. But she is the only other of the Guild Council that has the seasons to run things. She will do a great job...I trust her completely.

I must find Jenna. She needs to be there too. I'll have to talk to the magistrate to allow her to return for this. However...how will the rest of the family receive her...

SteveJW

« Reply #131 on: August 24, 2006, 06:18:17 pm »
Mother is resting comfortably...

The healers took good care of her and I am able to return to Mistone and Ferrit. There is one thing that puzzles me...this illness came upon her so suddenly. It is odd. She was as healthy as an ox. I asked the healers to find out the cause so we can avoid it in the future.

I really don't like Mith now. Seems he sold Rhynn...Lillian...and some girl Ralinda into slavery in the underdark. Rhynn escaped by killing herself...risking the Soul Mother's notice...and coming back via the bindstone. And now I hear the Drow are looking for her. Mith says he had no choice...they would have been killed had they not been. I will reserve judgement. Ferrit seems to believe him..and I trust her insticnts. Let's hope Mith means it when he says they will be rescued.

Gods help him if he is lying...

SteveJW

« Reply #132 on: August 26, 2006, 09:21:56 am »
We now own Lia's...no...OUR house...

Lia is off for parts unknown and we don't know if we will see her again. We promised to take care of her horse...Wildfire...while she was away. We will. As if he were our own. We will miss Lia.

After settling in we went around Mistone. To the Dire Woods and the topaz caves near there. Sonya was using the oak heavy crossbow I made her. Rain is getting an ability. He can direct his arrows in mid-flight...striking his target even if it looks like a clean miss. That is an ability that will be very useful. Jil is teaching him well.

I must go back home for a while. There is still some things to unpack and use...

SteveJW

« Reply #133 on: August 27, 2006, 10:41:58 pm »
There is something eating at me about Mother's illness...

It was so sudden and so life threatening that Jenna believes it isn't a natural illness. But who could want Mother dead? She has no enemies I could think of. It is very puzzling and disturbing. I pray it doesn't happen again.

Kyle puts down the quill as he sees a note being slid under the front door. He goes over and reads it. He writes some more.

Ach...another order for armor. I'm being pulled in a thousand different directions. But my thoughts are still wih Mother...

SteveJW

« Reply #134 on: August 31, 2006, 12:06:14 am »
I am getting so afraid for my Ferrit and the rest of the guild family...

They went to Firesteep today. Rain...Elgon...Ferrit...Dora...Serissa Tir'ein...and Barion. And all fell...including Barion. The Soul Mother was waiting there. Dora...Elgon...and Barion had strands taken from them. That means Barion is on his last thread. Sa'kura will not be happy about it. Not with their wedding coming up soon. And Elgon. He too is on his last thread. HE better take it easy or he will make Jenna a widow even before they get married. The Soul Mother got her money's worth today.

So much death there today. I fear for Ferrit. Even though she was careful...the chance of her losing her strands is ever present. And I don't know what I'd do if she lost the rest of hers. All we can do is try to hold the Soul Mother back for as long as we can.

For now...I will hold Ferrit close as we sleep tonight. Her warmth always makes me feel that she will always be with me...

SteveJW

« Reply #135 on: September 01, 2006, 09:35:06 pm »
We have finished the deal with Mith...

And I hope these wands will benefit all of us. And...truth be told...I hope we won't be needing Mith's services too soon in the future. He is an oddball. And I still don't trust him too much.

Ferrit and I had talked about children a while ago. We had decided that the time wasn't right and that we should wait...

But that has changed. Rain had brought Sarah to Hlint...and we all got to hold her. Ferrit is a natural. Her beaming smile as she cooed and blew kisses at Sarah was the most beautiful smile I ever seen from her. And when Rain had left with Sarah...Ferrit told me something that at first took my breath away.

She wants a baby. Told me that she even stopped taking the herbs that the healer in the temple gave her...so it will be a while. She told me she was thinking about it ever since Rain and Sonya had the twins. So was I. A child will be the ultimate expression of our love for each other.

I know Ferrit will be a teriffic mother...and Ilsare willing...I hope I will be a teriffic father...

SteveJW

« Reply #136 on: September 03, 2006, 08:48:06 am »
Elgon can't marry Jenna yet...

He has already been promised to another. The only reason I found out is because his cousin...Lance...brought him news of his impending marriage. I was angered. That he would keep something like this from Jenna...

He tells me he dosen't intend to go through with it. That he doesn't recognize the 'arraingment'. And that Jenna is his life and his heart. I believe him. And he must go and resolve this before he marries Jenna. And he must tell her this. All of it. He tells me he must fight the brother of the intended to be released. A fight to the death.

With one more strand of his soul...he takes the chance of losing it and not coming back. And that will devastate Jenna. Elgon is a capable warrior...but even with the training I've given him...it is a differnt thing in battle. Anything could happen.

He must be careful. There is much at stake here...

SteveJW

« Reply #137 on: September 04, 2006, 11:30:32 am »
Barion and Sa'kura's wedding was a day to remember...

Sa'kura was a beautiful bride. Almost as beautiful as Ferrit was at ours...but I'm a little biased. Sa'kura was radiant in her gown. And Barion was dapper in his tux. During the ceremony...I couldn't stop thinking about Ferrit. About how our love has grown over the past few years....and we are so happy with one another. And I wish the same for Barion and Sa'kura.

And...I thought of Jenna. By now...Elgon must have told her about the 'arraingment'. She must be beside herself. I haven't seen her at all lately. I must find her and see if she is alright.

And then there is this Lance. When he told me of this...I was angry. And I may have misdirected it to him. He seems to be what he claims. A messenger...delivering bad news. It was that crack about Jenna being 'wild oats' that got me annoyed wih him. If I see him...I will give him his due respect.

Now...where is Jenna? Have to go to the Wild Surge to see if she is in her room...

SteveJW

« Reply #138 on: September 07, 2006, 09:45:44 pm »
Happy news all around...

First...Elgon has gotten out of his arrainged marriage. This clears the way for him and Jenna. And I'll let him tell her. It will lift her spirits greatly. And Elgon seems to be relieved as well.

And now the happiest news yet so far...

Ferrit is going to have our baby. It explains the nausea she was feeling. And Drogo being a druid...confirmed it with his special relationship with nature. Said she smells like a wolf about to have cubs. And I trust Drogo's perceptions.

This is the best expression of our love for each other. And...I know in my heart that Ferrit will be a terrific mother. As I hope to be the kind of father our child will look up to. I love Ferrit so much...and now...I will have a child that I will love just as much as I do her.

Now...I must work harder. I will have a family to support now...

SteveJW

« Reply #139 on: September 11, 2006, 03:08:11 pm »
Where to start now...

First....we almost lost the baby. A trip to Shindlaria's Temple went totally wrong when amulets that helped us breathe underwater failed. We used a cauldron as a diving bouy to return to the surface with a water elemental pushing it. We rose too fast...and all died of the bends. Silas raised us but something was wrong with the baby!!! Ferrit was doubled over in pain and couldn't feel the baby's usual movements. I was frantic...I pleaded for help and thank the gods that Rawkin was with us. He prayed and prayed and laid hands on Ferrit's stomach. He saved the baby!!! I will ever be grateful to Rawkin. Maybe if the baby is a boy...

Second...A subject that drives me crazy. Mith. Seems I didn't do too well a job of hiding my mistrust for him...despite the promise I made to Ferrit. He keeps giving things that offer far better protection that I could give Ferrit. He cares about her he says...but has no intention of taking her from me. I don't know whether to believe that or not. It's just his reputaion in the past and the way he acts...being invisible when he is near Ferrit. Poking her when he wants. And giving her things that offer far better protection than I could. Makes me feel that I can't protect her to his satisfaction. It drives me insane.

And now...Ferrit wants him to be godfather to our child. I reluctantly agreed to it. Since Ferrit trusts him...I will go along with it.

If he does anything to betray that trust...I will...There is a tear the size of a dagger after the last sentence.