The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Kyle Pandorn: Stranger in a Strange Land  (Read 15492 times)

SteveJW

Re: Kyle Pandorn: Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #220 on: April 11, 2008, 04:54:57 pm »
Treana is courting again...

This time it's Daniel Poetr who is going to marry her. Hopefully. She has made Courting Garb and it begins again. Still won't be Viza Na'Ruvan for Daniel if he asks...Ferrit got a little anxious when I told her about it. But...if I'm asked to be A'Tulsaiir Na'Biirisa...I might. Let's hope this time they actually make it to the ceremony.

Ferrit had cut herself...

No...she wasn't trying to hurt herself. But she did it to get behind this trapped wall to retrieve a book after fighting off a hoarde of skeletons. It was the solution to a puzzle when we found these urns in the Broken Halls. The dust that Honora had gotten into her eyes was dried blood and they needed fresh blood to undo the trap. This gave us access to an ancient library to find this book that should tell us about a comet. It hurt me to see her...well...it's done.

This to investigate a rubbing of a comet which when passing the Four Fools...makes a box with a lid on it. Hmmm....box with a lid. Sappoprias was a vampire...he's freed now and Storold made sure of that by overturning the urn that held his spirit. We left after 'rescuing' Jharl from Ju'sterizxme...a dragon who we appeased with food and some tale telling by Jharl. Poor Jharl. We promised not to reveal Ju'sterizxme's existance lest she fall prey to this Green Dragon Cult who are killing dragons for some experiments...that is another tale.

Jennara has the book and it getting it translated from Draconic. Hope we find something useful.

Ben Poetr has been using a lot of iron. Enough to build a small fortress if you ask me. I don't mind though...Sala Stonhill...Jako...me and sometimes Ben get more from the Ore Hills. But...I admit...seeing Ben sweat a little makes me chuckle a bit.

Got to check the iron stores...feel another iron mining run is in order...

SteveJW

« Reply #221 on: April 15, 2008, 06:14:45 pm »
No surprise here...

Daniel did ask me to be his Viza Na'Ruvan. Before Ferrit could reach for a dagger...I respectfully declined. When he asked why not...I told him. Everything about the Treana's Old Culture traditions. Seems Treana didn't tell him much yet...but Daniel seemed to be accepting of it. And he asked if Cole would be willing. That would be...interesting. I'll ask Cole but he may not go for it.

I'll go to the Wolfswood to find him. This needs a face to face meeting...

SteveJW

« Reply #222 on: April 18, 2008, 06:49:38 pm »
Told Cole about Daniel...

But I didn't tell him about what his duties would be as Viza Na'Ruvan for Daniel. I'll wait till he accepts if he does. Now...he is out looking for Aylana. I will join him shortly. Ayalana sometimes goes off into the wild just like Cole did when he went to the Wolfswood Rangers. But this time she is a little overdue to return. It's probably nothing...

Ferrit was a little agitated when she came home. Hedessa Tenario hit on Cole now. And Cole seemed to respond. Hope he knows what he is doing. Xeenites aren't the monogamous type.

I need to get going if I'm going to catch Cole. Sheesh...that kid is invisible in the woods...

SteveJW

« Reply #223 on: May 18, 2008, 02:39:29 pm »
Changing times ahead...

The area around Dalantar has seen battle...I was involved in a couple of them. Against the giants from Thunder Peaks and werewolves from Carosca Bay. Seems these were related and it all ended with a mountain collapsing. This...however...won't be the end of it I think. There are talk that the 'King' Essantor is still in charge up there...probably planning his next strategy. Time will tell.

And...on the brighter side...I always try to see the brighter side...Shiff and I held a dart throwing tournament to raise money for Jil's orphanage. It was a success as we raised over 12,000 true. A hefty sum that I hope goes to the orphanage and not into Rael's coffers. Jil will be pleased for sure.

And gathering material for the observatory is slow. I only made 22 of 150 iron wheels needed. Finding people to accompany me to the Ore Hills is tough. Probably because they have their own projects to do. I'll make what i can and hope I can get them all done.

Back to work I guess...

SteveJW

« Reply #224 on: May 30, 2008, 04:40:02 pm »
Disasters have struck...

First, Leringard's Docks district has been laid to waste by a dragon. This dragon bore a message that the truce with Fisterion had been broken and punishment meted out. I hope the 'heroes' responsible will be heroes and admit to it. A lot of damage was done.

And...Mariner's Hold was hit with a tsunami. Speculation that the ocean glowed green before the huge wave hit is chilling. I wonder... Their dock was severely damaged making docking there near impossible. And it looks like Rael is trying to move in to show how much better off the town would be with the steady hand of the Deep Lord. A number of his ships and emissaries arrived the other day. Great...just what we need. A Prantz like city state so close. I just hope King William III does not get taken in by Rael's overtures. I fear that once Rael gets a foothold...he will not leave.

So many need help. But where do I go? Which place needs more? Leringard is closer...but we don't need a despot taking control of Mariner's Hold either.

Ilsare...guide my heart. Tell me which way is the way...

SteveJW

« Reply #225 on: June 22, 2008, 12:46:50 am »
Ilsare forgive me...

I am filled with a great rage and hate. Hate for Dark Elves. Treana went missing from us on a bad trip to the Great Rift. The group I was with...Sala...Storold...Treana...Ben...Essa...we all fell there...except Treana. When she didn't appear at the bindstone...we assumed she lived and was trying to get back out. But that wasn't the case...

The Dark Elves had captured and made her a slave. Mistreated her they did. She was left for dead near the Rift when some Aerdinites found her and took her to the Temple in North Point. When I caught up with Ben and Essa...I saw it. It was what was in Treana's eyes that brought this anger and hate in me.

I have seen that look before...many years ago as a boy. In my mother's eyes. I never forgot that look. She too was taken by the Dark Elves and made to be a slave and mistreated. And my half-brother Marcus Canterus was the result of one such...mistreatment. When she was rescued and brought home...she wasn't the person she had been before. She was...broken. It took her a very long time to become Mom again. But...she never was totally the same. I was filled with hate and rage. It was the teachings of an Ilsarian priestess that I was able to cope with it. And my Mastery has taught me discipline.

But...that look in Treana's eyes...the rage returns. Ilsare...forgive me...but next time I'm in the Rift...the Dark Elves will know fear...

SteveJW

« Reply #226 on: July 07, 2008, 06:18:23 pm »
It was a bit satisfying...

In searching for a specimen of a plant called Unicorn's Tears on Tilmar...the group I was with ran into some Dark Elf undead. Though undead...I was filled with great glee as I cut them almost in half...now...if only it were...

Kyle...get ahold of yourself...

Happier news...Ben and Natalee had twin boys. Stephan and Fianon. Somehow...I can't imagine Ben being a father...but Ilsare can be filled with surprises.

As with Dalan and Grenna...

They are getting married and Grenna is with child. That is going to be interesting. Never been to a dwarf wedding before. One thing's for sure...I won't be walking home from it...not if there is a lot of beer and ale around. The dwarves will no doubt test everyone's fortitude.

It'll be fun...I hope...

SteveJW

« Reply #227 on: July 15, 2008, 04:48:18 pm »
Shiff Dragonheart is no more...

He has given in to the Soul Mother and is gone. I hear vampires got him at the River of Darkness on Dregar. Why he went there...I don't know. What I do know is there is one less Master now.

To my knowledge there were only 4 of us...Shiff...myself...Barion Firesteed and Dalan Stoneaxe. We are a dying breed. Barion and I aren't getting younger. And Dalan has been reclusive for a while. I once thought of opening a school of weapon mastery. I guess the time to revive the lost art has come.

But...do I have what it takes to be able to teach what I've learned?...

SteveJW

« Reply #228 on: July 22, 2008, 05:56:33 pm »
Am I losing it?...

Tariana's guild hall statue changed poses. Instead of its usual standing at attention...her sword was held over her head as if she was ready to strike. But Ferrit and Jil say no it wasn't. But it was...I would swear to it. It was as if she was going to strike at me with it. Jil even accused me of drinking too much.

I turned to argue with them...but when I looked at it again...it was in its normal 'at attention' pose. I was dumbfounded.

Maybe I did imagine it. Maybe I need to stay away from the forge fumes for a while...but I swear it changed...

SteveJW

« Reply #229 on: August 30, 2008, 06:12:11 pm »
Life is complicated...

Rain has been ill for a while...he is pale as a ghost...tired...no will whatsoever. Had something to do with him finding out something with his family...something I think he'd rather not know.

The illness affected him so profoundly...he has retired from the guild. Just said he was leaving and left. This leaves me in charge of the guild. I didn't really want to lead...but I can't let the guild disband.

Maybe after a time...he will return. But...I will not be hopeful for that. He doesn't have too much of his soul left and I think he wants to grow old with Sonya. I wish him all the best.

I have a lot of decisions to make about the guild. Better get to it...

SteveJW

« Reply #230 on: October 01, 2008, 01:22:00 am »
I may have found my path...

And it isn't being a Guild Master...but a Grand Master...

Plen Ashaely held a story tell near Blackford Castle the other night. He told us a tale of friendship and betrayal. Of Katia...Karrak...and Eon. It wasn't so much Eon's betrayal that caught my attention...but it is the fact that Karrak was a Grand Master of Weapons. Plen said he had practically invented the Mastery of weapons.

I've always held that one can never truly Master his weapon...but to hear of Karrak...to learn what he learned...to be a Grand Master...

I've written the Great Library to get anything they have on Karrak. Maybe a journal or book that tells of how he became a Master.

It would be pretty big shoes to fill....

SteveJW

« Reply #231 on: October 16, 2008, 12:40:25 pm »
The Great Library was of little help...if any...

Instead they suggested I contact the Aragenites that they may have records that survived the centuries the Library was lost to the sea. I sent the same request to thier library and wait for them to respond.

It has gotten me thinking though...

About why I was called by Oslo...I was training to be a guard in North Hampshire...at least that is what Dad told me. He insisted on the katana. He insisted I master it. It is why I trained with Cardiana first...then with Addison later on. Was it because of my choice of weapon...my choice of vocation that spurred Oslo to select me? I may never know...

I do know that when Plenarius mentioned Karrak that I feel the need to persue this path. There are so few of us now...I can't let it fade away into history...

SteveJW

« Reply #232 on: October 16, 2008, 12:44:54 pm »
The Aragenites did have something...

It wasn't much...but it gave me a place to start. After Karrak Diamondback helped Raklin Diamoniar secure the throne of Dregar...he ruled an area of Belinara called the Roughlands and set up a school there...but it may not exist anymore after all this time.

It seems my search will start there. But...it may be hard to travel there. There is a rumor that the Dragon Cult has defeated the Kuhl Kingdom and is now in a truce with the Nesar Kingdom. I may be walking into a battlezone since the Roughlands is in the Hlim Protectorate...and near the border of both Kuhl and Nesar.

No one said the path would be an easy one. A Master's path never is...

SteveJW

« Reply #233 on: November 30, 2008, 03:49:43 pm »
I can't put this off any longer...

Barion Firesteed has died. The number of Masters grows shorter. There is still Dalan Stoneaxe but he is quite busy with his family. I'm not sure if he still holds to the ways. Steel is a Master and there maybe some I don't know of.

I must go to the Roughlands and find the old school of Karrak Diamondback. I must understand the ways he forged for our profession. The path is laid out now.

Ferrit...she is afraid. And...bless her...she is not shy about telling me so. But this is something I must do. For Cardiana...Addison...for myself. Karrak's legacy must not be lost to time when my time comes to rest.

I must speak with my father first...so many questions I need to ask...

SteveJW

« Reply #234 on: January 03, 2009, 01:37:23 pm »
*A letter from Ferrit finds Kyle while he is sailing to Vanavar to see his father. Initial surprise turns to a bright smile*

We have a new daughter...

Brittani...don't know her last name. Some bandits killed her family and took a cross of some kind. Ferrit opened her heart to Brittani and took her into our home. Ilsare at work yet again. We'll have to file adoption papers with the City Council...but that shouldn't be a problem.

I'll wrap things up on Vanavar quickly. Seems I have a daughter to meet and greet...

SteveJW

« Reply #235 on: January 05, 2009, 04:32:26 pm »
*The sounds of swords clashing fills the Vehl arena as Kyle and Fehriel spar. The younger man's strikes are quick but lack focus as Kyle is able to parry them. One of Fehreil's attacks was parried and the weapon is knocked away. Kyle puts up a hand to stop.*

"Let's take a breather. Not bad...for a first session. But you need to learn discipline...focus. A Master's strength comes from that focus. It is how we become one with our weapon. Then...your weapon will stay in your hand...instead of on the floor. *grins* Now...break over...let's try this again..."

*Kyle rises and takes his place on the arena floor...waiting for Fehriel.*

//Continued in Fehriel's CDT

SteveJW

« Reply #236 on: January 15, 2009, 06:05:51 pm »
*Kyle enters the arena where Fehreil is attacking yet another training dummy. The younger man stops and acknowleges him and goes on hitting the exact same spot time and time again. All the while looking as bored as hell.*

"Master...I know there is a point to this...but I cannot see it. Why is this necessary?" Fehreil asked as he hits the spot yet again.

Kyle says nothing as he takes his place on the arena floor. Fehreil follows and for the next two hours they trade blade blocks. Afterwards...they are walking past the training dummies when Kyle finally speaks. "Good session this time...still a little wild but...OH GODS LOOK OUT!!!!"

On instinct...Fehriel spins around with his two bladed sword and strikes...hitting the dummy in the exact same spot as before. Kyle just smiles.

"Any more questions?" Kyle smirks as Fehreil stares at the dummy surprised...

SteveJW

« Reply #237 on: January 18, 2009, 01:46:18 pm »
Fehriel wants to bring a friend...

Azai...I think he said. I'm fine with that...as long as she doesn't distract him too much. Women can be at times.

Like when Addison was training me. Ferrit came along to see what went on...and while during the sparring...I glance over at her taking my eyes off of Addison for a split second. That was long enough for Addison to plant me firmly on my arse...annoyed. Spent the next week or so polishing our armor and weapons. Needless to say...Ferrit didn't come during the sessions..meeting me afterwards.

I think I will teach him how to sense an enemy's attack...dodge it and strike. I know he is getting tired of the dummies...

SteveJW

« Reply #238 on: February 05, 2009, 08:23:50 pm »
*Fehriel enters the arena to find Kyle practicing with his katana...with fluid and effortless motions...his katana slices through the air crisply and with precision. A lone dummy stands in the middle of the floor. With one last spinning slicing move...Kyle pierces the silence with a roaring yell...striking the dummy with one hard precision strike. The dummy explodes into pieces of leather...cotton and wood. He sheathes his katana and looks at his now very attentive student.*

"Now you learn how to make the peaceful stream into a powerful river..."

SteveJW

« Reply #239 on: March 16, 2009, 07:26:01 pm »
Ilsare has a habit of bringing families together at the strangest times...

The Green Dragon Cult has landed on Mistone where we surmised. Battlehelm Moors. They were trying to find the rumored Bloodpool said to be in Storan's Crypt...so we must be wary when travelling now.

This was the time our daughter Aylana returns to us. She has lost Nicky...her love for the past few years. Never did like him...but if Aylana was happy...who am I to question Ilsare?

Fehreil is also in a quandry. He worries about Azai. That he loves her is no surprise to me. Try as he might...he shows it like a lighthouse in the fog. He told me of his worries of he and Azai having children. Which is difficult if not downright impossible nowadays. He is a tiefling...she an elf. Someone told him that an adopted child would not be the same as one of their own...but I beg to differ. As long as the love is true...an adopted child would be as blood and not to worry so.

Time to prepare...the Cult is here...

anything