The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Kyle Pandorn: Stranger in a Strange Land  (Read 15476 times)

SteveJW

Re: Kyle Pandorn: Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #240 on: March 27, 2009, 11:47:58 pm »
*Kyle watches as Fehriel looks at a covered glass of water. Fehreil's breathing is slow and steady and with one quick strike...stabs at the glass of water causing the water to ripple. Kyle's inspection reveals a scratch where the blade ever so slightly grazed the glass. He nods and faces Fehriel.*

"Very good Fehriel...however...your concentration is off a bit...not allowing you to fully utilize your ki. Anything troubling you?"

*Kyle replaces the damaged glass with a new one and fills it.*

SteveJW

« Reply #241 on: April 10, 2009, 08:24:39 pm »
The time has come to give my blade a name...

Addison told me to grow into the weapon...to have it become part of my being. I do feel it as a part of me...and it is time to give it identity.

I shall call it 'Frostscalpel'. I think Addison would approve. It's icy touch and my skill in wielding it makes it a fitting name for a Master's weapon. We shall continue to grow together as one.

Think I will go visit Addison's crypt. It has been a very long time since I paid respects to my mentor...

SteveJW

« Reply #242 on: May 30, 2009, 03:53:50 pm »
I need to see the Aragenites again...

The last session with Fehriel reminded me of a legend involving Karrak. This session he was going all out...determined to defeat me. His strikes are stronger...more focused as ever. He almost disarmed me with quick short focused strike. Almost. It might be time...

It's that spirit of competition where the legend comes in. Addison had spoken once of a 'Guild of Power' where Masters of all walks of life and weapon came together in a competition to see who was the best at his weapon. This competition was run by none other than Karrak Diamondback. This is a confirmation of that 'school' he was supposed to have setup.

I must write...no...think I'll go see the Aragenites and find out more of this 'Guild of Power'. Then I might know where to look for that school...

SteveJW

« Reply #243 on: June 30, 2009, 09:09:01 pm »
*After being summoned to the Vehl arena expecting this to be another sparring session...Fehreil sees Kyle...in his usual spot on the floor...but with one stark difference...Kyle is not dressed in his adamantium reinforced robes but in his battle armor holding not the practice katana...but Frostscalpel. Kyle speaks...*

"So...you now fancy yourself a Master now. Now is the time you prove it. Defeat me 3 times before I defeat you 10. On guard!!!"

*Kyle snaps into a ready stance...*

//Continued in Fehriel's CDT. This will go back and forth a few times.

SteveJW

« Reply #244 on: July 03, 2009, 03:21:08 pm »
The Fehriel's test went off just as I had hoped...

It was brutal...he would call on all his inner ki to hit me...I would just deflect the strikes. He tries to knock me down...I just send him down. He tries to sweep my legs...I just hop aside. There was no holding back in this one. Like a fierce lion he kept coming. And time after time...he was beaten.

The frustration was building in him...right to the point that he resorted to blinding me. It was the only time he bested me. Cheap shot...maybe...I am not above such tactics. Fehreil apologized for it...but he was confusing tactics with mastery.

Dejected...he stopped fighting and declared himself not ready. It was then I knew. I knew he was ready. Although he did not see it.

Defeating me wasn't the true objective of this test. I needed to see how he handled his weapon...and how he handles himself. And I must say...he has become one with his weapon. And he knows his limitations. And I let him know this after he almost gave up. The look on his face when I called him Master...he has just taken the first steps in a long journey...a journey I myself am still on.

But for now...I am honored to count my student...no...my friend...among a Master of Weapons.

SteveJW

« Reply #245 on: July 19, 2009, 09:10:17 pm »
What the Hells has gotten into Essa and Amgine lately?...

From what I've been told...they have been sniping at each other about their deities for a while now...the last time bringing Elly to tears.

I know Xeen and Rofirein aren't the best of friends...but I have never heard Essa bad mouth any of Rofirein's followers...at least not to the extent relayed to me. Guild trips have been curtailed somewhat because of this. I'm hesitant to put a memorial to Daniel Poetr in the hall because of it.

The guild is supposed to be a family...and like all families...they will disagree and bicker from time to time. And...it needs to be aired out before something happens.

There is something more here...something I hope I can find out when I bring the two of them together. Ilsare...if ever there is a time for your love and wisdom...this is it.

SteveJW

« Reply #246 on: August 04, 2009, 10:58:25 pm »
Amgine and Essa have buried the hatchet...

They have put their quarrel to rest and the trips have resumed. I'm even getting out and going on a few. I haven't been in a while...and well...I am the Guild Master and I should go on them more often.

I haven't lost my desire to find Karrak Diamondback's Guild of Power hall...just need to find someone who knows more about it. But where?

Where does the path start?

SteveJW

« Reply #247 on: September 17, 2009, 06:10:40 pm »
Well...a new addition to the family...maybe...

Ben Poetr. Yeah...I know...the guild is a family...but I mean he is thinking of asking Aylana to marry him. I didn't know about it until Ferrit let it slip on a mining run in Haven Mines. It'll be weird calling Ben 'son'. He's a little on the fence about it.

And...Ben has been the de facto Guild Master. I wonder if the guild thinks I've abdicated the leadership to him. And I wonder if I still have a place in it.

So much time and blood invested in it. I just don't know...

SteveJW

« Reply #248 on: September 28, 2009, 05:11:20 pm »
It's official...

Ben will marry Aylana and become my son-in-law. And he asked Essa to officiate. That's going to be some party. Xeenite weddings are the party hardy types. No one will be sober for a few days afterwards.

And I finally got to the Roughlands near Fort Miritrix. The starting place for my search for Karrack's guild. The place was crawling with constructs and trollocs...but there was one place that looked like it could have been an arena of sorts. Salaadi had taken up residence there and my group had to clear it out before I can look. I couldn't find anything there to suggest it was a meeting place for Masters...but I can't discount it either. We had to move to keep more Salaadi from ambushing us.

I'll have to go back to take a closer look at the place. Plus...there are caves in the area that could also be sites of the guild. So much to investigate. Maybe buying a few drinks in the tavern in Miritrix will loosen some memories of the area.

Steel proposed something that the guild could do. He proposed that the guild build an 'Arts Center' in Hempstead as a gift to lighten the mood of the people. The details need to be worked at before I present it to the Council...but it is a sound idea. Something to give back to the city that we have made a nice living in.

Somehow...I still have a place as Guild Master...

SteveJW

« Reply #249 on: October 03, 2009, 04:41:29 pm »
Word is getting around...

Sarah In'Darsus wants to train as a Master of Weapons. Guess Fehriel has let it out that I train. This is all good...except I feel unworthy of such an honor. Karrack was the first and true Grand Master...I'm just teaching those what I know. If I can only walk in his steps...feel what he must have felt...maybe I will be worthy.

Guess Fehriel and Sarah is a start...

SteveJW

« Reply #250 on: October 07, 2009, 10:34:49 pm »
*Amgine and Huntemara arrive at the Vehl arena where the see Kyle in the middle dressed in his  adamantium reinforced robes. They take turns sparring with Kyle...who is in a defensive style...parrying all strikes.*

"Not bad...both of you. Your strikes are hard but strength isn't in how hard you hit...but in how one places the hit...how one focuses their energy. It is this focus that makes you one with your weapon...and your weapon one with you. We will work on focus."

*The next hour is spent on practice dummies Kyle showing them how to place their shots.*

//Continues in Amgine's and Huntemara's CDTs.

SteveJW

« Reply #251 on: October 16, 2009, 07:21:23 pm »
*Sparring time in Vehl again. This time Huntemara and Amgine are more focused...more deliberate in their strikes. Still...Kyle is able to parry them. He notices their frustration building and stops for a break. As they cross the arena floor next to a pillar ...Kyle tugs at a rope attached to it yelling..."Look out!!!". Amgine and Huntemara instinctively spin around striking two dummies that were released from the ceiling. They each hit their target...right where the always strike the dummies. They turn to look at Kyle...surprised.*

"Nice to see the practice is paying off. You didn't even think about it...you just did it. You and your weapon just reacted. That is the start of you and your blades becoming one with each other. Well done!!"

*In the resting area...he sits on the floor in front of them.*

"Now...I show you how to feel the inner energy...your ki. How it can be a peaceful stream or a powerful river."

*They spend the next half-hour in meditation.*

SteveJW

« Reply #252 on: November 09, 2009, 07:09:45 pm »
The Leringard Arms has burned down...

Some careless fool set fire to the place. I remember all the times I went there to sell things or just to kick back and down a few and listen to stories. I remember the time Ferrit and I got all decked out and dance the better part of a night away there.

And the time Acacea drank me under the table. (//Yes, Acacea...I honestly remember that... :) ) Never did get a re-match.

Now...it is lost. Hope they rebuild...but it'll never be the same...

SteveJW

« Reply #253 on: November 14, 2009, 12:00:58 am »
*A very drunk hand writes this entry*

Disaster!!!

The Guild Hall is ruined!!! A tsunami hit Port Hempstead and has all but destroyed the guild hall. Everything we worked for...all that we built...gone.

Gone too is our house in Krandor. The tsunami reached that far north. Homeless in both places. Disasters everywhere...I..don't know where to start...

*The writing trails off*

SteveJW

« Reply #254 on: November 15, 2009, 12:47:19 pm »
These are trying times...

I'm dividing my attention between Krandor...my home...and Port Hempstead...my livelihood. I'm pulled in two different directions and it is getting difficult to decide which to concentrate on most.

Should devote more time in Krandor...but the Guild can be a force to restore Hempstead to some sort of normalcy after this is passed.

Both places need help...but which one? Wish I can split myself in two.

SteveJW

« Reply #255 on: November 26, 2009, 11:44:43 pm »
Well...now it's a waiting game...

I secured and boarded up the house in Krandor...and locked and boarded up the guild hall in Port Hempstead. Ben and crew did a good job. Now we wait. Wait to see what comes of our future.

Cole has decided to stay in Krandor to help them shore up before the next wave hits. He should be fine. But there is no sign of Brittani. Cole said he will still look for her. She has got to be fine...got to be.

Ben and Aylana have decided to adopt. Making me a step-grandfather. Oh...the joy of spoiling the grandchild and sending him back to his parents. They will be fine parents.

I feel different. Like a man half my age. Stronger...more lively. Felt this way ever since I helped cull spiders in the Sielwood. Their numbers grew since the weather has caused the tsunami. When I got home and took a nap...a strange feeling of warmth caused me to wake up. I even look younger. Strange...

Well...hopefully we will still have a future that my new found vigor can help shape...

SteveJW

« Reply #256 on: November 28, 2009, 10:21:02 am »
The storm hit with all of Mist's fury...

They don't call her the Lady of Doom for nothing. Why does Ilsare think favorably of her while Mist would dine with Corath? But then again...the gods are a mystery to us.

Ferrit...myself and Wren Thendor helped with the last minute evacuations of Krandor and prepared for the inevitable. And...for the love of Ilsare...the storm was furious. Anything not tied down flew by with deadly speed...rain pelted us like arrows.

The druids were doing their absoulte best to ward the town from the worst of it...but Zire...the priestess of Katia who was out on the main barrier was having a difficult time with it. Her wards started failing..exposing her to potential death in the teeth of the storm.

Couldn't let that happen. Ferrit...Wren and I had fastened a boat to a log wedged between two trees and rowed out to meet her. It was tough and perilous...we almost got blown off course twice but managed to reach her and pull her to safety. And not a moment too soon. She was bruised and battered and drained. We got her to land..and the sight of her being safe heartened the druids because the barrier seemed to hold without Zire...the druids doubling their efforts to pick up the slack.

It worked. Krandor was spared the full fury of the storm...lots of lives were spared including Zire...but the town is still in shambles. It will be quite a while before people can move back home. Including us.

I would co-ordinate the rebuilding effort in Krandor. With what ever supplies the guild can spare. It's my home. I will get in touch with those in Port Hempstead later.

Ilsare was certainly watching over us today...

SteveJW

« Reply #257 on: November 28, 2009, 06:36:36 pm »
The guild has already been donating...

The Guild Ledger shows:

Donation to Hempstead Tsunami Relief = 134,796 trues in items
Donation to Mistone Defense = 13,023 trues in armor and enchantments
 Donation to Karst Tsunami Relief = 6,183 trues in items
 Donation to Krandor Tsunami Relief = 25,063 trues in items

I am proud to be the Guild Master of such a group of caring individuals. I'd make them honorary Ilsarians if I could.

I will present these receipts to the proper people to show our support.

SteveJW

« Reply #258 on: November 28, 2009, 10:51:55 pm »
Essa's in a bad way...

She took the brunt of the storm in Hempstead...and is paying a very steep price. Not just the bruises and cuts...but of the mind.

She is having these recurring nightmares which cause her pain...enough pain to not want her Xeenite Red. Enough pain that she cannot be touched. And for a Xeenite...that is unheard of.

Jaelle Thornwood has a way to interpret these nightmares in hopes of alleviating the pain. At least that is my understanding of it. She needs time to prepare...and I will be there...if only to lend moral support to Essa. I hope this will bring Essa some relief.

Murder in the Ilsare Temple in Hlint. A young couple soon to be wed were murdered right in the temple garden. Witnesses say the assailants were dressed as Corathites. To have young love...ready to blossom to its fullest...cut down before it can...appalling. Andrew Reid has contacted me for help. I will lend my help...because frankly...I grow weary of the attacks being directed to the Lady nowadays and it has to stop. Militant...maybe.

But Ilsare needs a protector now.

SteveJW

« Reply #259 on: December 01, 2009, 06:20:15 pm »
The ritual was a success...

Whatever Jaelle did seems do have worked...Essa is back to her old flirty...party hardy Xeenite self. There was some rough moments from the get go...Essa was not allowed to fall asleep...but started to right away. Ben and I did everything to keep her awake short of hitting on her for a change. Immmediately...the pain stopped and she was back to hitting on me as if nothing happened. That's the Essa I know and love.

Time will tell though if the nightmares she had have stopped. Don't think she can go through that again.