The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Letters to Karst  (Read 310 times)

Filatus

Letters to Karst
« on: September 16, 2011, 06:38:22 pm »
[SIZE=18]Uncle,

I hope you receive this letter well. We're given opportunity to write to family when we have time and I'm sure you enjoy knowing I do not have to worry about getting coins to send word to you. Things are going well here, originally I started out with a fellow student, Hector, he's from Fort Llast I think. Since we were early, Lady Stormhaven and Sir Stargazer had us aid a nearby farm which was threatened by flooding. We spend most of the day, deep into the evenings digging a ditch to keep the water away. It has been somewhat taxing, farm work sure is hard.

When we got back, two other girls had joined us, also from Fort Llast. It seems the others have seen little past the walls of the great fort. When I told them of visiting Leringard they wanted to know all about it. Anyway... the training is hard, but they feed us well. The kitchen is always well stocked, with fresh goods too. For now there are four of us, but they say more are going to join. At least me and Hector got first choice on the bunk beds.

Sir Lance has us training a lot with just shields at this point. They talk a lot about learning when and when not use weapons. I guess that's why they teach us to defend with shields first.

Most of my training is going well I think, though I could do without the talking. There's one girl who doesn't stop talking though, Mari. No, not me... though she has a name much like my own. Anyway, the teachers sometimes ask a lot of questions. I prefer it when they just tell us what to do I think.

Still, things are good here and I hope your business is doing well.

With love,

Marinus
[/SIZE]

The following users thanked this post: Lance Stargazer

anything