The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Perri's Ponderings  (Read 149 times)

Rebo

• View Profile
    Perri's Ponderings
    « on: December 31, 2008, 10:17:15 am »
    Finally! It's about time that I get out into the world and start proving myself!

It's always practice this, drill that... position one, now position two, hold it... Alright already! I know what I'm doing! If I'm really going to become something, then I need to get out into the world. I need to fight something that will hit back. I'm tired of these training dummies!

The more I see, the more I will learn. I'll go where the fight is. There's plenty of commotion on Mistone. There always has been. I mean, the Red Lights are just outside town! Why hasn't he taken me there before?

It doesn't matter now. This is my life and I'm going to live it!

Rebo

• View Profile
      Finally! The Red Lights!
      « Reply #1 on: December 31, 2008, 12:04:26 pm »
      I met a man named Olmae who is going to take me to the Red Lights!

What would Father think now? His child is growing up. He thinks I'm so brash too. I know better than to go alone. But I still want to go! Badly!

Olmae mentioned some stone too. Maybe I can get some while I'm in there. With a bit more practice I should be able to get some aloe from those kobolds near Hempstead.

Mother will be glad that I haven't forsaken potion-working completely... At least she taught me something useful!

Rebo

• View Profile
        Olmae and the Red Lights
        « Reply #2 on: December 31, 2008, 01:27:17 pm »
        I was glad to go, but it was more than I thought it would be. I guess that's why Father wouldn't take me. He must have been worried. Those gobbos are tougher than they look!

And the cave... I didn't manage to find any gemstones, but I did see the altar. I don't know what to make about it. Even though he told me not to touch it, I wanted to. I was just drawn to it. It was like it -wanted- me to touch it!

I could learn a thing or two from Olmae. I hope I run in to him again. And now that I've collected the bounty on some of those scouts... maybe I can find some more action. I think I will be going back to Hampshire. Those kobolds can't be as bad as the goblins here. But then, there were quite a few of them...

Rebo

• View Profile
          Taslin
          « Reply #3 on: January 02, 2009, 07:56:46 pm »
          Taslin... I never would have thought I'd meet one such as he. An elf wielding not one, but two rapiers!

I need to see him again. I could learn much from him, I'm certain. My father never taught me anything other than drills and exercises. I've already seen how far that got me with the gobbos! I need someone who will share real combat experience with me, not hide me from it...

There must be others out there who wield their weapons with precision, rather than brute force. Swordplay should be treated as and respected for the art that it is. For now though, I will pursue Taslin. As of now, he is the only one that matters.

Rebo

• View Profile
            Leading from the Left
            « Reply #4 on: January 03, 2009, 03:45:24 pm »
            Two rapiers is such a novel idea, but there's no way I can do that. I have to use both hands to wield just the one I have. But the misdirection, that I can try to develop.

If I change my stance perhaps, I could lead attacks from the left and shift my opponent's focus. That would certainly create openings on my strong side.

What an incredible elf!

What is wrong with me?! Why do I keep thinking about him? His skill, right? Of course! Get it together Perri!