The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Miradel - In Search of Destiny  (Read 211 times)

Olme

Miradel - In Search of Destiny
« on: September 02, 2006, 10:19:28 am »
**A small leather bound book **

Hlint, Mistone

I have arrived in Mistone. I had hoped that as I travelled south and away from the frigid coast of home the climate would have become more seasonable, the warmth return. It is not so. Even so far from Northpoint, the sky remain dark, the chill always in the air as if snow will materialize at any moment.

My wanderings have taken me to a bustling town called Hlint. It is, at first glance, just another village on the road. A closer look hints at problems perhaps even evil about. I was a bit to shocked to find no temple to The Protector within the gates.

My enquiries of where one might be found were met mostly with blank stares. Then one, a cheerful halfling by the name of Maple, bid me to look in a vast forest nearby that the locals call the Sielwood. I departed Hlint even as she called forth divine protections from Prunilla to guide me safely.

I carefully followed her directions and made the journey deep into this foreboding wood and eventually arrived in a tranquil glade. It is a most worthy location that was chosen to honor The Lifegiver. I have pledged my support to the cleric here and will do all that is within my meagre power to aid them as they might need.

There is one most strange at this temple. The appearance of an orc, horribly maimed, eyes lifeless. The clerics were busy with their prayers so I did not enquire further of this.

Olme

RE: Miradel - In Search of Destiny
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2006, 09:26:52 pm »
Another day, another trip to the temple. The trail through this Sielwood can be deceiving but I was fortunate to find a guide. One who calls himself ' Drogo ', or at least that is what I thought his name to be. He speaks very poor common indeed, but it is a darn sight better than my poor elven. We got along just fine, as we both have great respect for life and nature. He taught me much lore of this wood and showed me the areas to be aware of within it. He seems able to call forth much power from naturewhen in need. Once he even transformed into a magnificient cat,  

By the grace of Aeriden I have been able to gather some goods to aid the good works at the temple. I think the track through this Sielwood shall be well worn with my regular treks there.

The situation in Hlint is appalling. Nothing has happened to allay my suspicions of evil afoot, indeed my concerns only grow. Drow, yes drow openly walk the streets. Unchallenged, seemingly unnoticed. To allow this to happen seems foolhardy in the extreme, yet there is no public outcry, indeed the locals pay it no mind. Why is this allowed ? Who has not experienced or heard of the manevolence of this evil race ? Perhaps I am wrong to judge, yet I cannot ignore my sense of dread.  Yet, it somehow seems in character with the whole flavor of this town.

And then the crypts. A whispered rumor of an age old open secret of this hamlet: the dead it seems do not rest easily here. I ventured warily in to see for myself. I can say now that it is not a rumor. In an affront to The Great Cycle, indeed all of nature, the dead do indeed walk here. I shall pray to The Lifegiver for guidance and strength to help me in this matter, that I may return these undead to a natural rest.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I heard a lilting voice near the pond in Hlint and felt compelled to find it's source. A young woman sat by the water, her voice as fair as any I have ever heard. I sat listening, fascinated as she lamented the loss of the sun, the chill in the air.    Eve.     It is a name that seems to suit her, but I am at a loss to explain why. She also seems one attuned with nature.  Indeed she conversed with a cat as easily as with me. Her eyes lwere beacons of passion as she talked of the need of the cat to hunt.

Hours passed as we talked of things both great and small.

Olme

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2006, 01:09:23 pm »
The cold, sunless days continue unabated. Food has been scarce for so long now that it does not even merit comment. The poor have a stoicism about them that few fathom. They resilient in the face of hardship.  I will ease their burden, as I am able.

Despite all, the Great Cycle continues, life goes on.

The scholarly of Aeridin and Aragen chart the moons and stars. What signs do they read there ? Is this the beginning of a new cataclysm ? Or  the rebirth of a better world ?

Perhaps.

Olme

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2006, 10:14:56 am »
Another venture into the crypt.

Ahead of me: a muted voice, an incantation. A seering flash of light then nothing but the sound of bones crumbling. I warily round the corner to see a slight figure wielding a staff examining the bones strewn bout her.   Am I witness to  some sort of foul necromancy ?

I call out a challenge. The figure turns and by the dim light I see Lucinda's symbol emblazoned on the shield the elf bears. The wielder: one of the Fallan Gis. The power I had witnessed her call forth was by the divine grace of Lucinda. We jointly scour the crypts yet again that the undead might be quelled.  

She had need to return to Blackford, but  before her departure she was kind enough to provide me with powerful draughts which will quickly heal wounds.

May Aeridin also guide her work.

------------------------------------------

I have been able to procure a servicable set of plate armor. Used, but of quality craftmanship and meticulously maintained. It should last me many years Aeridin willing. A local smithy has agreed to alter it as needed to fit my frame.  The coin I have saved will  be used to help some of the hungry.

Olme

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2006, 08:45:55 am »
There seems no shortage of undead in these crypts .

What evil might arise without this incessant cleansing ? I pray to Aeridin that we never find out.

-------------------------

More goods and a bit of gold to the support of the templeand their good works.

Olme

Dire News
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2006, 09:46:44 am »
Dire news.

First: A troubling notice posted in the temple telling of a split in the grand alliance of Aeriden and Lucinda. One can only wonder at the why.

Second: Plague

First it was merely a wild rumor, but then fact. A wrym of no small size, apparently disturbed in its dark lair, has devastated Hurm and sown the wasting plague. Yet even now this plague has spread to these shores. Krandor is apparently quarantined.

Many have even come to this grove to seek counsel and comfort and to be checked for disease

I have been pressed into service as a messenger and courier to the other temples in the area that seek to aid the people. Thrice I have made the journey to Fort Llast to exchange news on behalf the church with those of the faith of Toran. They are most grim there, yet share our determination to see this through. They have told me that several of their high ranking clerics are in Hurm comforting the people as best they may.

I long to go to Dregar to help, yet I know my place is now here and my role, though seemingly small, essential.
--------------------------------

Word has been passed that a cure is known.

Soon the Cycle will be restored.

Olme

Ten precious vials
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2006, 10:14:25 am »
Ten precious vials.

It was twilight when he strode into the grove, a large blonde haired man in blue leather rainment unadorned with any holy symbol. He asked to speak with the cleric in charge.

He stayed in consult with the healers but a short while. As he left I heard him say that he had to get back to North Point, as the danger was far from over. And then he was quickly gone, off into the dark of the Sielwood.

It was but moments later that I was sent for by the priests. In a few moments I am to leave, in the company of a healer.

We are to take half of the plague cure delivered to us by this stranger to the Temple of Toran there.

Ten precious vials.

anything