The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Oskar's Search  (Read 103 times)

Oskar's Search
« on: July 03, 2004, 07:30:00 am »
Oskar Wolfram, a hunter and woodsman, has asked me, Ragraim the Bard, to write down a small portion of his trials and travails. These notes may seem disorganized they are written as told to me.
  Ragriam my good bard I have a few questions for you and a bit of a tale. I want you to write this so that others may read this. I do not write well.
  First I must know if you have heard of any that are here in Hlint that seek me? I have been set upon by bandits and have found a note on the body of one of them. Here is the note it says that someone has placed a bounty of 1000 gold coins on my head. They were outside the city gates and I fear they must have someone in Hlint watching me.
  I have asked Quartermaster Talon about this and he said not to trouble Garent with this as it would upset him and cause more trouble than is neccessary. Is the good captain of the guard that excitable? Even so Quartermaster Talon said to seek you out as I had planned. Who else but a bard may hear things that they may pass on to others. Quartermaster Talon says that you may know something. Well do you? Here I will change a bit to my perspective. R. Well Oskar there is a man that claism to represent a most powerful thieves guild. It is so powerful that I will not mention there name. He is spreading coin around hoong to gather information about you. Back to Oskar. R. Hmmm, a member of a thieves guild seeks me. Did he say where he would be so that I might find him and have a discussion with him? He is somewhere in town is all I know.
  Ragriam I have found the one that was seeking me and he has told me a little of my past. He says that my family was not farmers but gathers of information. In the past, before they left Fort Llast, they were working for a noble family from Leilon. He said that there was something different about my heritage. He thinks but is not absolutely sure that there is something other worldly about one of my ancestors. He told me that is why I sometimes have the ability to call upon a cloak of darkness to help me hide or strike from the shadows better. He warned me to stay clear of Leilon at all costs if I desire to continue living my life.
  A few weeks later Oskar came back to me. R. Ragraim, I have had a meeting with with the agent from the thieves guild. He told me I should look in Fort Llast to see if any remember my family and why they left. I will be setting out in the morning. He also says that he can confirm the otherworldly influences and that has contributed to the desire to see me dead.
  After a few days Oskar returned. Ragraim I have found out more about my family and when they left Fort Llast. But first I was again set upon by bandits, not the usual bunch that pick off stragglers along the road but another group that had an ambush set up. I fought them and subdued the leader so that I could talk to him. He called me a fiend. Could that be the source of the otherworldly influences in my heritage, a Fiend? My fathers name was Shinta, I do not know if it was his given name or the family name though. Once, shortly before they left Fort Llast, when I was in the fields playing I was attacked by cats but called upon the darkness to escape them and Shinta killed them and explained things to the townspeople. The old farmer that told me this tale said that 3 families left during a time of civil unrest, I am not certain what that means. Shortly after they left the civil unrest ended. Sounds like a war to me. They farmer said that I should go to Melnon and see if anyone there could help. When I got there I saw the agent from the thieves guild and he said there was one that I sought in the inn. The old farmer in Fort Llast said that for at least a year after they left people came to Fort Llast seeking my father. He said at first it seemed that they were simple everyday folk but as time passed the seekers were Black Watchers from Leilon. The man in Melnon at the inn called me a son of the Revolution. I know nothing of a revolution so how cold I be the son of it?
  I will tell you more as I know more.

RE: Oskar's Search
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2004, 10:07:00 pm »
Oskar has returned to tell me more. R. Well Ragriam I have made a journey to the lions den and slain the she devil that is responsible for my trouble.
  I met a nobleman in Melnon that turned out to be the son of the noble that my family worked for. He told me that the ruler of the Leilon was corrupt and that my father and his father were to of the more respected of the revolutionaries fighting him. On one mission for Lord Kalan my father found out that there was a traitor among the members of the inner circle of the ledership of the revolutionaries. This traitors name was Rebecca and she was the spy master for the tyrant. When my father reported that there was a traitor and that he did not know who it was she acted rashly and began to hunt for my father. After several attacks, murders, and assassinations she found my family and a few others. That was the attack that left me orphaned. She knew tht I was getting to the age when I could take revenge and so she prevailed on the tyrant to place the bounty on my head.
  I went to Leilon and met other revolutionaries. They told me stories of the good that my father did. I lent my sword to there cause at least to the point of finding the traitor and killing her. During this meeting the traitor discovered our meeting place and came for us. We fought and I prevailed. While this is did not get the bounty lifted the nobleman beleives that by spreading news of what happened all but the most skilled or foolish bounty hunter will try to collect it and they are not going to have an easy time of it. I told the young Lord Kalan that if he needed my aid that he could call on me and I would help as best I can. I guess this means that I am now following in my fathers footsteps.
  I will tell you more when I learn more. Thank you for writing this for me.

anything