The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Private Development Threads  (Read 422 times)

orth

Private Development Threads
« on: December 14, 2014, 02:07:34 pm »
Well this took a long time coming and I apologize but I've finally found a simple system for allowing private development threads. The forum software allows for you to flag your threads as "Published" or "Unpublished". Basically by editing existing threads or when creating new threads you can in essence make a thread private by flagging it as Unpublished. Only certain users have permission to view Unpublished threads along with the author.  I'll add this permission for Character Approvers, Gamemasters and Site Admins once I know it's all working.All existing private development threads have been moved to this forum and marked as Unpublished. Private threads will have the shield icon next to them which means others without permission can see the existence of the thread but can't see any of its contents. There is a small exception where, if they hover over the thread title in the forum listing they will see the beginning of the thread so you may want to put things that are unprivate in the first paragraph of the first post or so.Users are free to turn the status from Unpublish to Published and back whenever they like. Just edit your thread and under the Publishing Options vertical tab you can check or uncheck the box for Published. You can also quickly make your thread public by clicking the Published tab at the top.Let me know if you have any questions. -orth

The following users thanked this post: miltonyorkcastle, Acacea, RollinsCat

Acacea

Yiiisss! Thank you so much!I
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 02:33:11 pm »

Yiiisss! Thank you so much!

I tried to think of something useful to add to this so it wouldn't be a garbage post, but I got nothin'. :)