The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: ramblings of an increasing insane Gray Elf  (Read 54 times)

Hotaru

• View Profile
    ramblings of an increasing insane Gray Elf
    « on: May 20, 2007, 07:22:14 am »
    This journal seems to be written in the flowing language of the elves with spotches of common. However the words meld into a language you can understand thanks to an enchantment added by this particular elf's Teacher. This journal as you flip through it seems to go from completely sane gray elf in a new land to a gray elf barely hanging on to sanity.

"my first entrance to this land was soon forgotten in the battles i have endured in the crypts. The only thing i truly remember of the crypts is meeting a female elf named Randi... though the ancestory of my father would laugh at me for what i write... i am begining to see what my father saw in our lesser cousins... they are not the weak, worthless beings that our elders describe. That is all i can remember of my first days or so... though i do remember meeting two humans named Taric and Ron... Taric is a friend of my brother in law it seems... also a handful of dwarves named Gothim,
    Jacrum, and Kuguar... they all seem to know my brother in law. Through my time in this land i have often consulted my familiar Kain... he is the only friend i have brought with me from the mountains and from Arnax. This familiar was given to me by my teacher of the weave as to teach me the ways of the weave in the absence of my true teacher. He taught me how
    to possess so that he may teach me quicker than would be normaly possible. Though at first i reluctantly agreed to this i soon found it much easier to do, and as promised learning was extremely quick. Though my first true problem occured as i was traveling in Gloom Woods with the Ron before mentioned. He said something i found humurous and i burst into an almost
    abyssal laughter I consulted my familiar about this and he said it was nothing... however, i have been feeling nervous urges... when Ron asked me later where i got my walking staff i mentioned that i killed something living to get it... though i knew i had actually got it off a skeleton i quickly told him it was a skeleton of said living thing. i know not was is happening... however...i need to continue possessing my familiar to gain more power... i must gain more power..."

"i was traveling in the ogre lands with Taric and Ron, we came upon to half elves... it is funny... i cannot remember their names... it will come to my mind later i'm sure... i was called away soon after Taric was to do a few
    duties required of me. It comes to mind that i did finally meet my brother in law... we sat down and had a civilized talk after i chased him around beating him over the head with my staff for stealing my coin purse. He has told me of
    his adventures in these lands and personally i think the blasted halfling is hallucinating... he drinks far too much ale and rambles on about how Vorax is protecting him from my staff... a rambling i soon correct with a swift strike
    from my staff. I have consulted my familiar five times in total by ways of possession... each time i seem to return with a smaller fragment of myself... and i seem to be a bit more... attuned with the darker side of magic... I have
    even begun expirimenting my spells on the undead... though i continue to reasure myself it's not expirimenting but honing my skills... i cannot help but feel like something i'm doing is wrong with this..."