The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Redemption - Ryn'ilda Dakrad  (Read 669 times)

Teo

Redemption - Ryn'ilda Dakrad
« on: February 04, 2014, 07:06:40 pm »
      Redemtion 1. the action of saving or being saved from error, or evil. As I am camped here with Kalberen, my mind lays focused on the road ahead. Redemption. The chance to not be hated by all around me. It is a thought that has occured to me, but something I never had never truely gone into depth on. It always seemed like this far-off goal to persue after my fighting days were long past me. Now the oppertunity is looking me in the face and leaving me no choice but to come along for the ride. I am to go the the temple of Az'atta, to a refugee camp. I can do that. So long as they don't take away my sword. Az'atta does not like weapons, but I won't be parted with mine. It has kept me alive for so long, I won't throw it aside now. So long as it stays by my side, I will smile upon the idea of redemption. Redemption of my herritage, of my past. Starting a new life. My path to redemption is not yet clear, but at least I know where it starts.  

The following users thanked this post: Brutus_Clawfoot

Teo

Revenge1. the
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 07:20:39 pm »

Revenge

1. the action of inflicting hurt or harm on someone for an injury or wrong suffered at their hands.

Is revenge wrong? Is the repayment of a harmful deed evil? For on this path to redemption... If revenge is wrong, I have one last wrong deed to complete. Velen Sunstride. He is linked to my kin. He speaks the language of the dark elfs, his house, 122 Leringard, is liked to them. I do not yet know how, or why, but it is my last act of questionable intentions. Do I do this to teach him wrong from right? Do I do it to pay him back for his connection to my kin? Or do I do it out of curiosity? Whatever the reason, I feel an urge to find out what he is doing. And I feel as if that process has a high chance of ending in revenge on the dark elf who poisoned me.

Teo

Loathing1. a feeling
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 11:00:36 pm »

Loathing

1. a feeling of intense dislike or disgust; hatred.

Perhaps there is no way to redeem myself fully of my heritage. The loathing that the surfacers feel for me may not change, no matter if I carry a spider flag, nor if I wear Az'atta's signs. Yes, I may prove myself to those who know me... But perhaps this mask I wear can never be cast off. My obsidian mask... My grinning skull, which I have worn since I reached the surface. It represents the insanity and death that surounds me... And when I cast it off, I wish to cast off what it represents in the same motion. But perhaps that is not possible. No matter what I do, I will be shuned and loathed by some. I will be hated by those who do not know I would be redeemed. Perhaps I need to do a deed for a town... At least have one location where I can be free of the mask, free of what I am.

Perhaps I can never truely of what I was born as. 

Teo

Luck1. An event
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2014, 09:32:32 pm »

Luck

1. An event apparently brought on by chance rather than by one's own actions.

Why did I survive? Why is it that, out of all the dark elves in the deep, I was one of those who decided that the rituals were foolish? And then, I was one of the very few who survived to the surface. Even past that, I survived on the surface from the assault that came from my kin, the surfacers, and wild beasts. I have been on the surface for a long time... What were the chances that I should be alive to this point? Many planets must have aligned in order for me to be sitting here... At camp with Layla, awaitng Kal with news on the next action to persue my redemption...

I must wonder why Kal decided I should be left behind from going to the Ilsarians... and why he thought Layla needed to stay and watch me. She is much more trusting than Kal, seeing as how she is sleeping. If I was going to sneak off or do whatever Kal thought I was going to do, I would not see much resistance. Perhaps I will build his trust and respect... But I get the feeling that, deep down, he feels that all he is doing is keeping me out of trouble. I suppose he is trying to help... but if he didn't trust me, why would he leave me here alone with Layla? If I were one of my kin who do not think like I do, she might not see sunrise. Although she will, because I have reconised how foolish my kin are. I can see why he cares about her... I must wonder what it is like to care about someone in the way he seems to about her. Maybe once I am redeemed I will find time for that, but now is not the time to think about the future... I must focus on the present.