The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Sharyn's Secrets  (Read 55 times)

Jilseponie Wyndon

Sharyn's Secrets
« on: May 02, 2007, 11:26:07 am »
My mother had a journal.  It held her thoughts.  I suppose its a good way to recall events, to look back and see how far you came.  Or maybe to see where a mistake was made after some time has passed.  She gave me hers to read.  I have to say that mother has an interesting life.  To read of some of her frightening moments make me wonder what being in the situation must have been like.  I thought I myself should keep one.  Sharyn's Secrests I titled it.  Probably not secret secrets, but secret as in private thoughts.  From what I have read of mothers journal, I may want to keep track of my own coming and goings.  We shipped out of Leringard to Port Hempstead so I guess it was with a little bit of reluctance, maybe nerves, that as mother went off to the guild to do some work I decided to go out an wander.

There were not many folks about town today, at least not of the adbenturing type.  A couple lovers maybe sitting along a tree line.  I think one was Kinai.  She sort of matched mothers description.  She sat with another man I did not recognize.  Mother said that she and Hawk were near inseparable it seemed at times, but he didn't match the description.  I didn't want to interrupt so I turned away, back towards Hempstead.  Just to the east there is a camp of goblins.  Been there with mother and even they give her a bit of a time.  I thought about taking one alone ... but then I quietly slipped away.  He looked as if he were more than a challenging fight and I have no wish to visit the soul mother so soon.  So I went north, to a familiar place.  The White Horn Forest.  It felt so nice to walk under the wide boughs in the shade.  I stopped in Silverdell Grove and let the High Druid know that I would be filling in for my mother whose numerous duties has kept here away.  I could tell she was being nice knowing I did not have the experience, but accepted my offer anyways.  As it was getting dark, she bade me stay at the campfire for the night as the woods are much different in the dark and she would not want to see me lose my way and wander into trouble.

The following morning I packed up and headed to Hlint.  It has been may years since I was there last.  I almost didn't recognize the place.  I tried speaking with the local animals, a few birds some badgers, but I think the way the place has changed, changed them also and I ended up defending myself.  Those little creatures are fast and they can put a hurting on you in no time.  I wandered west and found the mercenaries were still hanging about but one arrow from them sent me weakened and badly wounded back into Hlint.  I dragged myself through town and camped on the western outskirts.  After a good rest I headed through Fort Llast then south into the outskirts of Krandor, picked a few berries and sat and ate them off by the tower where I wouldn't bee seen from the road.  I just had to sit and think.  

Mother and father made it all seem so easy.  I traveled many roads with them, flung a few arrows, but the damage I have taken on my own ... Mothers friends are to old to be travelling with, besides, I do not want them to feel as if they are babysitting me, nor do I want them reporting back how badly I am doing out here.  The wilderness is so ... large ... daunting, I'll have to keep an eye out for others that might let me join up ... I think I'll head back down to Hempstead, stand aside and listen to the talk ... what have I gotten myself into?

anything