The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Spark's letters and journal pages  (Read 62 times)

Shadowfang

• View Profile
    Spark's letters and journal pages
    « on: September 29, 2006, 09:55:48 am »
    *A letter arrived at Spark's home in Leilon six days after Spark left*
    Dear mom and dad,
    I'm now in Hlint. Everything is fine except that I almost spent all the coins you gave me. Don't worry! I didn't spend them on drinks and stuff. Actually I used those coins to buy some gear, like a shield and a hammer. I know, I had more trainings with greatswords but shield gives more protection, one can never be too cautious, right? About the hammer...well,  my first job involves crushing skeletons, so I decided that I'm better off with a hammer, for now at least. Anyway, I'm still able to pay for my food and bed, go nothing to worry about.

I met some people, most of them human, but there were also a few elves. One of them was pretty rude, by the look of him he's a warrior, but I'd say he lacks self-discipline! The elven lass that accompanied him was nice enough though... Oh well, guess that's what they call 'the world of adventuring', you simply get all sorts of people, and to make things worse, you need to live with them! I think I'll manage though, I won't pick up a fight or anything, I have better things to worry about!

Talking about 'better things to worry about', will you please look for a scroll of sleep on my shelf, and if it's there, send it to me mom? I was going through my spell book last night and didn't find that spell...Someone's offering a job about retrieving stuff from the sewers, and I saw rats in there, LOTS of them! Maybe sleep can be a useful spell there.

Anyway...I'll stop here, need to wash my tunic and have some sleep. Write me a letter when you miss me!

Spark, in Hlint.

P.S. On my way to Hlint I made a visit to the Lady's temple and prayed for the whole family so don't worry about me forgetting to pray!