Character Development > Development Journals and Discussion

The lonely journey- Brunhilde

<< < (2/5) > >>

scifibarbie:
I must find some work...to drown my sorrow with busy work.

I am hoping my skills will be accepted in the local tavern here called the scamp. I am not thrilled with the prospect of working in a temple of shadon, but I need to survive. The coin I received for helping the serwer lady is not enough to last long.

I was studying a few tomes I was able to bring with me. While I awaited the owener of the the tavern. I may as well read the knowledge that prompted this whole journey. I even gathered a few scrolls of knowledge along the way.

Unfortunately..or fortunately I guess, the scamp had no need of me. So I left and made my way to the great fountain in the center of the city. It was there that I met up with Dalan again.

Seems Dalan found a few bits of paper with strange writing in his travels. He asked if I could read them. Aftera bit of study I was able to tell him they were spells of various types.

As we chatted I came to realize Erk and this fellow had been close friends. That the death of Erk bit him deeply. He still had yet to see to his effects, as Erk had no family of his own. Sounds familiar...

Though I told him of my past meetings with Erk and how we met. I did not feel comfortable discussing my time in the church. I did tell him of our time together studying and how I met him once more in the tavern at the Gate. How he offered to aid me in my quest for learning the way of the weave.

Before we left, he gave me the spell scrolls and said he remembered how Erk first showed up. He said that though Erk had a teacher in his early days, his true power came by training himself and finding others to teach him. Diligence and fortitude of spirit will do more for me than anything else in the world.

Before departing I thanked him for his words and asked him one favor.
Not to tell those in the church of Vorax of me.

I believe in Vorax...though the church and my family have left a bitter taste in my mouth.

scifibarbie:
I have been following Dalans advice. Continueing my learningon my own. I have foudna  few that have aided me in my learning. Pointing me in the right directions, helping me understand words and writings I am unable to devipher on my own.

Through the help of others nad my diligence, I can feel the weave as it fills my body. My command of the magic is growing more strong and more sure.

scifibarbie:
While travelling north of Hempstead, I met a strange human named Sharhar. Seems she is a follower of Dorand. Strange...to be sure. Not many of the long legged folk follow the dwarven gods. Those that do, are usually enamoured of the father of battle, not his crafting cousin.

Seems a family of them took her in when she was a wee lass. She even speaks the tongue! I think i kind of like this one. She has a spirit to her.

scifibarbie:
While trying to fathom the secrets of some scrolls I was able to purchase recently, a small group of long legs gathered round the fountain.

One I had met before, a nice lass named Kinai. The others I had no knowledge of. As we chatted it happened that a dwarf came by. Kinai called him over to introduce him to me.

He was a nice fellow, kinda handsome too. Though he was was awfully quiet and kept looking at the ground. I tried to put on my best tavern lass charms to get him to talk , but he just stammered a bit after saying hello and made a beeline for elsewhere.

Kinai said he would be back later, that he was just a bit shy. Said his name was Jacrum Shieldbreaker. A tough axe in a fight, though after the way he took off...I wonder.

scifibarbie:
Its been a few days since I last wrote of my journey here. I have travelled far in this land. Learning its ways, and means.

I also recently met up with Jacrum again. I was looking for work and heard there was a job or two availble in Vehl. A city to the north. A seedy place in need of a good cleaning.

We travelled outside the city witha lass named Drexia. A monk I think. Regardless, Jacrum didnt stammer as much this time. His axe was as tough as Kinai had said.

He was kindof taken aback by my use of the magic. Not surprised really. Most dwarfs avoid it like the plague. After his initial shock wore off, he shrugged it off and said as long as I wasnt evil...he had no issues...sortof.

After awhile, he started stammering again..and got really close. THought he was gonna hug me or something. Not that I would have minded. But he was all yammering like a school boy. So I kissed him on the nose.

He nearly feinted! Seems cat got his tongue after that. The rest of the day went quite well. We did some mining and Jacrum seemed to have a little fire in his step.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version