The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: The Squiring of Flare (By invite only)  (Read 245 times)

Eight-Bit

The Squiring of Flare (By invite only)
« on: November 11, 2006, 10:11:32 pm »
Hello, people!
  This is a thread between Matilda and Flare to keep the both of us able to RP our student-teacher relationship despite conflicting real lives. This thread should be read as if it were just any other character development thread, except that two (or more) people will be posting to describe the events that transpire during the time Flare spends as Matilda's student.
  It is very important that everyone understands these events unfold only to the people included in the thread. For the sake of consistency and to help maintain the point of this thread I have to ask that you only post here by invitation only. There are no 'on-lookers' here unless by invitation, and it is to be assumed that these events take place in private, just as if we were together and secluded. I am sorry to throw all of this out there, but as far as I know these threads are not in Layonara's main-stream. It's not as if we have huge egos, and expect anyone to care or want to get involved, but thank you for leaving us be. :)

Eight-Bit

Re: The Squiring of Flare (By invite only)
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2006, 09:11:56 am »
Things were quiet outside of Blackford. The sun was just setting as Matilda went out to the hill to wait, as the debris in the sky took on a slightly brighter hue over the waters near the castle. She set out a small blanket, with enough space for two people to sit on it comfortably. She brought her tea set with her, starting a small fire in a little metal chamber which she place the kettle on. Thoughts flashed through her mind, and upon taking up her book of prayers she sat and waited. A weeks time had passed since their last meeting, and it seems she was ready for an answer. As a figure approached her, she stood up and waved. "Salutations, Flare.", she says with a smile. "How have your investigations g-gone?"

Redhawk

RE: The Squiring of Flare (By invite only)
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2006, 04:43:21 pm »
Flare comes upon Matilda setting out her tea service. She sheaths her axe and slings her shield over her shoulder. She glances once behind her at Storold's retreating figure.
  Lady Matilda,so good to see you Flare smiles and glances at the tea set out. Tea? For me? Oh, you want to know how goes my investigation?
  Flare blushes.
  Master Storold ran me clear across the continent. From the tree in Hlint to the coast where the giants stand guard. I asked him about your question. He told me that the temple mantains a list. I was just going to look for it. He did offer to tell me, but I told him that that wouldn't be a very honorable way to start off as a squire. So I guess I haven't yet earned the chance to sit and sip tea.
  Flare laughs nervously.
  Oh, and Master Storold asked me to give you a message. He says he's found his reason.
  Flare forces a smile and runs to the castle.

Eight-Bit

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2006, 12:23:23 am »
The kettle cries out as Flare leaves. Pouring the steaming water into one cup, Matilda muses to herself. "She may hold the knowledge of a Protector, but is she able t-to act upon it?"

She sits and waits, blowing on her tea as it steeps. "This is but the first of many lessons."[/i], she says to herself. "I shall not be a harsh master this time."[/i]

Eight-Bit

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2006, 10:39:16 pm »
After waiting some time she finally gathered her things and left. She places a note she had written while she waited under a tea cup, filled half way with ice cold tea from the chill of the night air.

"Dearest Flare,

I cannot wait any longer. If your assignment is too difficult I must know. We shall meet here in three days time, at eight hours past noon.

Matilda Jenice Landsend,
Threadbound
Protector of the Weave"
[/blue]

Eight-Bit

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2006, 03:45:44 pm »
A letter arrives to Flare. It is overly simple and decorated in no manner at all, as if to convey a message of its own. Upon opened, which it was simply sealed with blue wax pressed with an M, it reads:
  "Dearest Flare,
   I am writing to you now that you have failed me as an apprentice. This relationship takes a level of discipline that it seems
  you do not yet possess. We have not met, you have not written, and a simple question goes unanswered. My time has a great
  value to me, and the time I spend waiting for you to arrive at our meetings is time wasted in the service of the Lady.
  I am hereby freeing you of the burden of my guidance, as it is apparant that you no longer seek it.
  Matilda Jenice Landsend,
  Threadbound
  Protector of the Weave"
[/i]

Redhawk

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2006, 04:27:58 pm »
Flare returns to her bed roll on the floor of the temple and finds Matilda’s Note*  

*Flare sits and reads the note several times before finally penning a response*

Dearest Matilda,

A simple task and I failed to give you a name. I am not worthy of your tuteledge.  How coud I forget Altariel Nenharma?  Only the highest-ranking person below the Choosen one and above the Council. I am so embarassed.  I hope someday you’ll consider giving me a chance to redeem myself.

With the Lady’s blessing, Flare, Protector

anything