Character Development > Development Journals and Discussion

Tia'Sar'ru Musings and Letters

(1/4) > >>

minerva:
*what follows are the letters Tia writes to her children as well as some private thoughts she records in a small blue bound journal. 
   Embossed on the outside of the book is a flowing T, a smith's hammer and a lighting bolt*

minerva:
Cael,[/i]
  I hope this parchment finds you well.  I have begun my sojourn in Lucinda’s service in the small town of [/i]Hlint[/i].  I’m not sure if you will remember it, as you were but a baby when your father and I came here last.  Things have changed in those intervening years. Adventures from all over have flocked to its gates.  There are all races within the streets; the amount of tolerance almost overwhelms me.  I remember the trials I had fitting in with the dwarves of our village, and how it took years for me to gain their respect, let alone trust.  Here I see dwarves and elves mingling with only the shortest of time together.  I’ve seen what appears to be a half giant roaming the streets unmolested by townsfolk or adventurer.  I’ve even seen, of all things, a Brownie.[/i]
  It is odd being so far away from the castle without you or your sister around.  At times I can almost feel your father’s hand on my shoulder, guiding me as always.  The crafters guild is as active as I remember it.  Perhaps that is why I feel your father’s presence so strongly.  I think I shall have to dust off some of the skills he taught me, as I fear there is a woeful shortage of well fletched arrows in town.  The temple would not allow me my old bow, so I am making due with one I purchased.  I think perhaps I will have to find a good bowyer soon.[/i]
  Lucinda’s Grace is upon me, as it seems that I improve in channeling her favor rapidly.  I only hope that the Lady continues to see fit to grant me her magic.[/i]
  [/i]
  Love as always, [/i]
  Lucinda guide your steps[/i]
  [/i]
   Seaniram

[/i]

minerva:
Ianna,[/i]

[/i]

I hope this letter finds you well.  I was disappointed to find you on assignment when I visited father at the tower.  He tells me the powers look well on you.  I am so very happy to hear that.  Lucinda must be strong with you.  I do wish that you would spend a bit more time with Cael though.  I fear his upbringing among the dwarves has made him a bit reckless even for one of his profession.  Kan’ash tells me I worry too much, that it is just the brashness of youth and nothing else.  As a mother I fear his boldness may strip him of his youth forever.  I see so much of Jonathan in him Ianna when I look at him.   His strength, his grace and even the lilt in his voice reminds me of his father. He also reminds me of you as well.  I seem to remember that incident at the Stag and Horn when you cast a glamor on the innkeeper to get our rooms for free.  It might have worked too if you’d had the presence of mind to remember he was the brother of Kan’ash’s targeting instructor.  The look on your face when father found out … *blot of ink* Hmmm , maybe Kan’ash’s influence is better than yours sister![/i]

Speaking of Kan’ash, he seems well.  He was kind enough to replace my bow.  As usual he strung it a little tight so it will be a while before I can use it properly, but at least I know have a weapon I an comfortable with.   Ari sent me another of her creations; this one a beautiful twisted staff of oak.  I know the Dawnwoven teach us this is Lucinda’s chosen weapon, but it feels so unwieldy.  I continue to practice, and I am getting better.  Perhaps it is Ari’s skills that make this one easier to use that the one the temple provided.[/i]

An interesting event occurred as I was walking the market in search of some fruit for supper.  Kan’ash really should employ a cook.  Barracks food is just not healthy.  I came upon a drunkard by the town water tap.  Nothing really unusual in that I suppose, Spellgard has its share of drunkards.  It was while I was filing my canteen with water that several others seemed to appear and mingle apart from the crowd.  Some were mages from their aura.  One was even a goblin wizard.  As we were chatting about the weather and such a friendly little Halfling came round and invited the group to sup with him.  Not wanting to seem rude, I joined in.  What a feast it was.  It seems the Halfling, as well as his intended and a few others (including yet another Brownie), were a moving crew of sorts.  They were moving the belongings of a loremaster to of all places, Voltrex.   Voltrex *quill seems to stop here for a long pause* How I long to see that place.  Perhaps I may yet win our wager and visit the elven lands before you![/i]

I digress.  The loremaster had a fantastic collection of bits and bobs.  I think you would have been quite taken by it.  We repaid our host's kindness by helping them load the last of the man’s belongings onto carts and saw them away.  It was only after they had left that an unusual book (journal) was found still in the house.  It seemed to be a recording of some legend of a hero. It seemed like a fantastic Bard’s tavern tale to me, but yet it also held an air of mystery.  Obviously if this great loremaster had thought it important enough to record it must hold some grain of truth. As a group we decided that perhaps it would bear investigation, but we really should return the journal back to its rightful owner.  On this we decided to travel to the Great Library and perhaps have an audience with the master and discern anymore that we can about the legend as well as return his property,  Yes Ianna I know, visiting the Library does not count as visiting Voltrex proper. I will not call our bet on that,[/i]

Another interesting note Ianna is I believe non other than Eldarwen Hilliaraname is a member of our party.  She did not introduce herself, so I cannot be sure it was her who read from the journal.  I’ve heard some whisperings of her in the temple, but I really thought she was elven.  Pity, she appears human. [/i]

I will be late for devotions if I tarry much longer on this letter.  Lucinda bless and guide you sister.[/i]

[/i]

Love Always[/i]

Tia[/i]

minerva:
Mother,[/i]
       It was good to be home again.  I’m glad I took the time to come to Blackford early to visit you before setting off with my party for the great Library.  Ianna I think will be a bit envious of how close to winning our Voltrex wager I am.  I cannot adequately describe the feeling of standing on the portal platform and looking out over the land.  The yearning to step onto that soil is great.  I cannot fathom why you and father left all those years ago, but I suppose you had your reasons.  Someday I hope you will share them with me. [/i]
  The library itself I did not get to see.  We met with Master Utrion in the foyer and did not venture further inside.  It was a shame, but now that I’ve been there once perhaps I will venture there on my own.  We met with the writer of the text we found.  You remember me telling you of the older gentleman in Spellgard that was moving to Voltrex and the book he left behind?[/i]
  He had a little more to add on the Hero’s story.  He did mention that this hero, Dracan Morninglight, was recognized to the dwarves and that a cuirass known as the Talonbreaker has been found and linked to said hero .  I am going to write Jorge and see if he knows anything that might be of aid to me.   As of yet my comrades are unaware that I am fluent in the dwarven dialect, though I’m unsure if my time amongst the peaceful craftsmen of Silver[/i]smith[/i] will prepare me for bartering knowledge with the dwarves we seek.[/i]
  Of my comrades Mother I am a bit wary.   A few times I’ve considered leaving this task to them, as they seem to be vastly more experienced in adventuring than I, but as you reminded me, my duty to the Akh’faern Gis means I must see this thru. I’m not sure a novice such as I won’t be more of a hindrance than help.  This far I have simply sat back an observed quietly, taking in as much as I can.  I doubt my thoughts would carry much weight so I keep them to myself for now.[/i]
  [/i]  Ceela,[/i]
  Tia[/i]

minerva:
Drurhka,  [/i]

[/i]
'urzh waazhath our' azrt our'h gar?  Zhann A 'urrha.  Nawaa poazzig zhak' k'a urk'ahth ath az zhurhnt azrhazhk wahurl lo kalath zhak' k'a gannazka.[/i] Azk kalath A thurhano lathth k'a zinazrk urwa 'azllahth urr k'a waurhka azrt k'a thlann urwa thkaazlark lakazn. A azl zhhakark kur ark'aha awa our' urh azro urwa k'a urk'ahth Lazthkahth lak'k 'azga 'aazht urwa az lazkaziazn zi'ahazthth grurzhr azth k'a Kaznurrpohaazgah.  Wahurl zh'azk A grurzh ak tazkath kur rhha -ziazkazzinothl azrt zhazth zhurhr poo az 'ahur grurzhr azth Thazziazr Lurhrarknak'k. Ak l'thk poa az thlaznnah aqazlrhna urwa k'ath rhaazia urwa azhlurh azth ak'th 'rgrurzhr k'a kartah urwa k'a 'ahur.  A grurzh k'azk our'h lar azrt zhurlar azha urwa thalanazh po'ant, po'k rurk thur azlurrk ''lazrth, azrt A poanaaga k'ath nakart ath ''lazr. Ak ath thazat k'a pohaazthkrhnazka ziur'nt waak az lazr urh az thnal zhurlazr.  K'a urrath A thazzh Drurrazk'azr lurnt zhaha lazththaga ath thaja kur waak k'a zhann l'thzinat kurhthurth urwa waak'kahth, thur Thazziazr l'thk 'azga poaar thnak'k urh lo nalakat grurzhnatka urwa azhlth ath taziaagark la. Thururr A th'aznn poa khazganark kur k'a azhaaz azhur'rt Urhnpoazh kur gaazh k'a Tahurpoazhhazt Rhnazk'ath urwa Arthziharhkaurr azrt kur thaag k'a azat urwa az zinazr ar k'a azhaaz waurh k'aah 'anrh ar nurziazkark az laththark rhaazia urwa k'azk lak'ko tzhazhgazr zhurhg.  A zhur'nt azrhrhhaziaazka ak khaazkno awa our' lak'k thart zhurht urwa lo gathak az'aazt k'h' tzhazhgar zi'azrranth.  [/i]

[/i]
Turhazrt k'ata our'h 'azlla  [/i]

[/i]
Tia’Sar’ru Silver[/i]smith[/i]
[/i]
*The following is a common translation of the letter*[/i]
[/i]
Jorge,  [/i]

[/i]
How fares you and your kin?  Well I hope.  Life back with the others is a world apart from my times with the village.  At times I sorely miss the clang of hammers on the forge and the smell of steaming metal.  [/i]
I am writing to inquire if you or any of the others Masters might have heard of a magical cuirass known as the Talonbreaker.  From what I know it dates to pre –cataclysm and was worn by a hero known as Dracan Morninglight.  It must be a smaller example of this piece of armor as it’s unknown the gender of the hero.  I know that your men and women are of similar build, but not so among humans, and I believe this legend is human.  It is said the breastplate could fit a man or a slim woman.  The ones I saw Jonathan mold were massive is size to fit the well muscled torsos of fighters, so Dracan must have been slight or my limited knowledge of arms is deceiving me.  [/i]
Soon I shall be traveling to the area around Orlbar to view the Derobarrad Plaques of Inscription and to seek the aid of a clan in the area for their help in locating a missing piece of that mighty dwarvan work.  I would appreciate it greatly if you might send word of my visit ahead thru dwarven channels.  [/i]

[/i]
Dorand guide your hammer  [/i]

[/i]
Tia’Sar’ru Silver[/i]smith[/i]  [/i]

[/i]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version