The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Tiny Orange Shaman  (Read 53 times)

earth monkey

• View Profile
    Tiny Orange Shaman
    « on: March 24, 2005, 07:30:00 am »
    Grovel lost track of time since his traveling partner Krum was killed, Krum liked to travel at night but it seemed that was when most of the things that kill goblins are hunting.  Grovel taugh himself  to sleep at night and travel during the day over that last several weeks.  The change had left him feeling head swoon, and somewhat timeless.  As he sat tending his fire, he flipped the fish to darken the other side, remembering back to his tribe and the way that the teachings of the wise women would make him feel the same way.  
       “The spirits of the world are not meant to be tamed, but rather experienced and appreciated, like the shocking cold of a refreshing mountain stream, or the nurturing warm soup that we make”
    Koofa was the wisest of the wise woman, in the tribe the wise woman would teach the young and from these the hopefuls were chosen.  Koofa was a water soul and so much of her teachings were of the power of water. Grovel contemplated, “I wonder what my soul holds”.  He took the blacked fish from the fire, and held it close to his face, fire warms you now you warm me, “Ha haaa” grovel laughs with understanding, as he takes a bite.
    Grovel really enjoyed being alone; but the fear of death motivated him finally to head back to the small town of Hlint.  Grovel had busied himself digging clay and sand to make molds for a kind dwarf, the dwarf paid him in gold, which made the hard labor abet more bearable, but non the less boring. somtimes though during the work Grovel would get ideas and inspirations from the spirit world. On back to the wonderful fish pond in Hlint, grovel prided himself on his hunting and fishing skills, and his eating skills too.
         Grom was a powerfully build goblin that Grovel meet and seemed to have a kinship with right away.  With Grom’s help the two made war on the despicable goblins outside Hlint.  Grovel had tried to approach them to ask if they might have any information on the location of Grovels tribe and they immediately shot at him and laughed, this worked Grovel into a frenzy and he shot as many of them as he could and chopped the rest into tiny bits and threw them into their own cooking fire. Grovel had a bad temper, especially if a kinsfolk could not even talk to him. Grovel felt good after their cave was quiet and smelled of blood, his anger appeased; for the moment. Resting later that evening a sudden feeling of urgency gripped at grovel and made him feel as though he must find his tribe or perhaps the girl.  Grovel was feeling the spirit call and without the ritual, he may never find his totem spirit.  Grovels mind raced with the spirits of fire, water, earth, wind and wood,  “WHO IS IT…..”  He found himself calling out, waking from his dream.   
    Grovel sat up, and resolved to seek his tribe in further lands.

earth monkey

• View Profile
      RE: Tiny Orange Shaman
      « Reply #1 on: April 05, 2005, 11:41:00 am »
      Grom looked very proud, he presented the head of the Goblin chieftain to Grovel.  Grovel nodded appreciatively and commenced to make a fire. They would take the strength from their enemies and make it their own.  Grovel remembered this ritual from his tribe, he called to the natural sprits to look on them and bless them, he held up the goblin chiefs head and commended him for his strength and cleverness.  Casting the head into the fire he asked the spirits to remove that strength from their enemies and make it part of those at the ceremony.  Grovel cut some partially cooked pieces of the goblins face and handed one to Grom who hungrily ate it up, Grovel ate his piece and said a secret prayer for him to find a wise teacher, or some trace that would lead him back to his tribe.  
      The humans in this town were dangerous, one human child nearly tried to kill me this eve. It is not right that a goblin should live among humans.  But where to seek my own kind?  Comforted by the tiny fire he cooked another fish for supper, he would set out to find more of his kind and then learn of the spirit world.  He headed back into town and ran into another lone goblin named Grubber, Grubber what a happy sort, and he loved animals, hmm he seemed almost feral at times in fact. Grubber took grovel to a cave in the woods and they meet a very large man that befriended them and they fought the kobolds of the cave together.  Gathering green stones and copper they headed back to town.  Grubber seemed very strong with magic, perhaps he can teach me, grr but I must find my totem spirit first.