The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Zergon  (Read 218 times)

Zergon

• View Profile
    Zergon
    « on: January 13, 2007, 12:06:57 pm »
    I start this writing today, rather late in my adventuring because of so many happenings, to remember people and places that I have met. If you are reading this you have probably stumbled across it after my death lying on some hill or edge of a cliff, blood soaked, charred, and far from any city gates.

If you have found this know that most races will try and take it from you and destroy it, as I am Drow, a very hated race.

Know you this traveler, I was not an ordinary Drow, nor was I like my people.

Read this at your own risk.

Zergon

• View Profile
      Re: Zergon
      « Reply #1 on: January 13, 2007, 12:20:57 pm »
      After 100 years in a cave this air feels brilliant on my face.
      I feel alive once again.
      I feel a strong urge to find and meet new people. People not like my own.
      I hope people welcome my company as I long for theirs.
      I have denied my races teachings, their ways, their beliefs and I hear the words of my father from the vision where he appeared to me. I hear the words of my teacher and mentor Gomeiran. They both agree, leave the caves and everything in them behind forever.

Today I went to a city named Hlint, as I was told by a man named Daniel Poetr.
      He seemed, to me, a kind man and steadfast in his ways.
      We went out adventuring together, though I think it was more of an adventure for me.
      He seemed to know his way around.
      I really appreciated his company as the town seemed deserted, though he assured me it was not.
      We went on a tour of the town and then headed west to what he called the goblin waste lands.  We crept around and hunted goblins, which I found to be a foul race of beings bent on stealing and hurting others. A race not unlike my own.
      It gave me some peace of mind to know that I just helped destroy one of their outposts and probably save the lives of unsuspecting travelers passing by.

Alas it is time for me to rest. I am not accustom to this light, this air, or this wide open space and it's making me quite sick.

Zergon

• View Profile
        « Reply #2 on: January 13, 2007, 12:26:23 pm »
        I wake up today feeling a bit refreshed, though my head aches a bit. This light is really hard to get used to.
        I had some bad dreams last night, as I went to sleep thinking about this journal.
        Some thoughts...
               I have rebelled against my race and I will be considered a traitor.
               No one who finds this journal will want it to be seen by the public as it proves some Drow can be civilized.
               If my people find this journal, it will be evidence against me and support their claims of my treason.
        I must protect this book and my secret.

Zergon

• View Profile
          « Reply #3 on: January 22, 2007, 12:24:58 pm »
          I Awoke today to find myself feeling weak... Sick even... I fear that this is caused by my arrival to the surface and choice to stay here. My body is not used to this kind of life, nor the light of the sun. My head aches, my body aches, and my eyes refuse to open. I long to talk with Daniel again but I fear in this condition I will not find him. I have found a small cave, and though I nearly died killing the goblins that camp there I have managed to find a crevice to hide in and wait out this sickness. I hope to recover soon.

Zergon

• View Profile
            « Reply #4 on: January 22, 2007, 12:26:36 pm »
            I awoke today feeling good, after nearly a weak of resting I feel ready to try again. I shall not live in caves! Curse my people for taking this life!

I leave now to find what ever fate has in store for me.

Zergon

• View Profile
              « Reply #5 on: January 22, 2007, 12:40:30 pm »
              Hlint has been very full of people and new faces. I returned there, unaware of what might happen. I have very little possessions, and a disguise is not one of them.
              So far I haven't run into any trouble walking around with my face showing. I wonder. Were my people wrong about the surfacers? Do they really hate us or is it a lie to keep us in the Underdark.

I have met a halfling named Sab Keylag. He seems friendly to me and since I cannot find Daniel I have started Journeying with Sab.
              We have done a lot together and he has helped me complete many tasks for the towns people.
              I have acquired a necklace that will help me fight undead with more protection, A cloak that seems to absorb damage from certain weapons every time I wear it, and a helmet that has provided me with a magic barrier.
              Sab is a wonderful friend to have helped me with these things.
              He has asked me to help him gather clay and wood. Though I am not strong I helped him carry these things and watched him craft Arrows. Indeed he shall make a fine craftsman. The only thing I could really offer him was a spell Bulls Strength that I have learned. It aided in carrying the heavy clay.

Well after an eventful day I seek rest.

Zergon

• View Profile
                « Reply #6 on: February 06, 2007, 12:19:52 am »
                Whew... a narrow escape there.
                I must remember to cover myself in town.
                A few people nearly killed me in Hlint.
                Indeed the surfacers do hate me. I will have to change that if I am going to live here.
                Well tomorrow I must seek Sab Keylag. Maybe he can craft me some type of disguise.
                It was a bit surprising, even the guard seemed to hate me. I did nothing wrong. At least I hope sitting on a bench isn't wrong here.

Well I guess I sleep in the woods tonight.

Zergon

• View Profile
                  « Reply #7 on: February 06, 2007, 12:29:44 am »
                  Well, this should do.
                  A helmet that looks like a tiger. It won't fool anyone but I think a good excuse is in order so I won't have to take it off.
                  Doing so may mean my death!

Sab is indeed a good friend.
                  Not only has he showed me around and provided my arrows, he just enabled me to live.

Zergon

• View Profile
                    « Reply #8 on: February 06, 2007, 12:32:56 am »
                    I'm learning to use the weave more and more each day. I have filled my spell book with all of the spells that the local magic dealer can offer me. I must seek out a scribe.

I have completed many tasks for the local town folk... I am running out of things to do.
                    Time for some adventure. I think today I'll explore some

Zergon

• View Profile
                      « Reply #9 on: February 17, 2007, 01:25:46 pm »
                      I wandered out the east gates of Hlint today and followed the road. I followed it farther out than I ever have before, and have come across another town. The man in the castle told me it is called Haven. He asked me to clean out the menace in the mines, the ogres, and bring him the head of their chief. I have never been in Haven, so I have no idea if I have the ability to do this task.

I walked outside and decided to have a look into the mine to see how many ogres were actually living in that mine. I didn't even get inside when I noticed a large gathering of people standing around outside the opening to the mine. I'd never met any of them, but I stood at the entrance listening for any clue as to what their plans were. They were not really speaking about going into the mine, nor about plans of any kind and just as I was about to go into the nearby forest and check that out, a hooded figure stepped forward and introduced himself to me as Lif'lo. He asked me if I was out there alone and what my plans were. I told him yes I was alone and I was thinking about checking out the mine, and that I was asked to clear out the ogres and bring back the head. He informed me then to have a seat if I wanted because they were going into the mine for the same thing, along with some mining. Alas I was invited into the group, my first group ever. Had any of them known I was a Drow, I would have been the target, rather than the ogres.

We entered the mines and wandered down a long corridor. It was too quiet for me, and I feared ambush. We made a few turns and entered a larger area. Ogres came out of nowhere, it seemed, and started ruthlessly attacking us. After a few minutes we had the situation under control and the ogres bodies lay scattered about the cavern floor.

We continued on, bandaging the wounded and treading carefully. We hit a lot of ogre resistance on the way down but none as heavy as the resistance on the bottom. These ogres really wanted this mine. I found out why at the bottom. Platinum and Alexandrite veins.

We smote their chief and turned in his head. The man in the castle was pleased.
                      I learned much this day.
                      I have been in a large group, attacked a common foe, and lived to tell the tale.

anything