The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: "Brother of Battle" restrictions  (Read 441 times)

Zen

• Followers of Aeridin
    • Followers of Vorax
    • View Profile
"Brother of Battle" restrictions
« on: August 20, 2005, 08:26:00 am »
I am running Garnet Stonesmythhy a monk of Vorax. Garnet is trying to become a "Brother of Battle" .

Now the question is at that time (around level 10) should Garnet after his title is earned still be allowed to use Shuriken (throwing stars) and/or helms (ie. Mage armor II helm)?

My feelings are no to both parts, but am I being to hard on Garnet?  I at least think Garnet MUST give up ranged weapons. (he doesn't use them much anyway)

I look forward to your reply.

Leanthar

RE: "Brother of Battle" restrictions
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2005, 08:55:00 am »
He definetly needs to give up all types of ranged/throw weapons (I think) and to me I think he should give up all weapons all together (they are known for their stone fists after all). As to the helm, I am not sure  you need to give that up.... but if you do it will fit the profile a little better--I just am not sure it has to be given up.

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2005, 12:05:00 pm »
You can customize it to look like a cloth hood, I imagine that would be acceptable?

-TV

Leanthar

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2005, 12:34:00 pm »
hmmm... I almost said yes but then started thinking....
  If I say yes that it is okay then I would have to yes that it is okay for the clerics/druids wearing full admantium/mithril/platemail etc. when they should be wearing what their dogma states--so long as it was customized to look otherwise.  I don't want to go down that road so to keep things fair I don't think we should say customizing to look like something else is acceptable.
  But again, I am not sure he couldn't wear the helm anyways...Something I am still thinking about.

Zen

• Followers of Aeridin
    • Followers of Vorax
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2005, 05:50:00 pm »
OK to solve this I will give up wearing the helm also.  And just to let you know he doesn't use any weapon except the thrown one and then only to lure an enemy away from a group.  I am really thinking about giving up both now. I will hold onto the helm as I think it might still be a quest item. I would just like the GM's to know of my sacrifice for the sake of RPing. Would this be an exceptable trade-off?

Leanthar

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2005, 10:14:00 pm »
Perfectly fine with me, thank you for checking with us.