The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Do you have a question for Leanthar?  (Read 3726 times)

Leanthar

Re: Do you have a question for Leanthar?
« Reply #180 on: October 30, 2006, 01:56:29 pm »
ZV, please read this. http://www.layonaraonline.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=30619&posts=44&start=1

I highly doubt we are going to go to NwN2 at all. I mean with all of the other work we are doing it will take a year to get right, if we can do it in that time.... I don't think you need to fear losing your character. No promises of course but I don't think you need to worry.

ZeroVega

« Reply #181 on: October 30, 2006, 02:30:08 pm »
Re-read it and finally understand! Gracias big L.  :)

LordCove

« Reply #182 on: December 14, 2006, 04:29:29 am »
Hi L,

Do we have a rough date for V3 roll-out?

I wanna book a few holidays off work for it in advance *grins, rubbing his hands in glee*

Leanthar

« Reply #183 on: December 14, 2006, 08:35:11 am »
As I stated in my public thread. It will be January or February. And even then it will just be an initial rollout with many more phases coming after over the years. We are having a REAL DIFFICULT time getting any sort of time available to work on V3 but we are working on it when we can. I want everybody to understand that the initial rollout will NOT be like the rollout to V2.

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #184 on: December 14, 2006, 07:10:25 pm »
What feature do you look forward to the most in V3?

Leanthar

« Reply #185 on: December 14, 2006, 07:34:58 pm »
Hmm. At one point I was really looking foward to the whole kindgom/pvp/tower ownership thing. But the more it was designed them more disheartened I became as I realized there was just no way I could do what I wanted to do in NwN. Not even remotely close really (due to the NwN networking/server lag issues) and because I don't have enough money to afford huge/powerful servers. So...not entirely sure at this point.

I think the changes (as they roll out--and it will take a long time to get them all done) is needed and will help to keep things moving foward.

My major concern is that NwN is nearly 5 years old so sadly we will lose people in the community to that--just by the nature of a game getting 'old'. Hopefully that doesn't happen as much as I fear, but time will tell.

I look foward to trying out some the evil and slight changes to pvp...but with great hesitations and reservations for the saftey/fun factor for the community as a whole...

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #186 on: December 14, 2006, 08:07:53 pm »
Suggestion along with my next ?.

Perhaps, in limiting Evil, set it even more extreme than CN? Say, 10 months on the server and a 14th or 15th level character. (This wouldn't so much apply to characters who transitioned to evil before that point, just for starting characters.)

If you could ask anything from the players, what would it be? In terms of A) stuff related to the IG world B) stuff related to the OOC part of Layo like the boards and C) stuff regarding the RL parts of Layo like the servers and each other.

Leanthar

« Reply #187 on: December 14, 2006, 08:17:51 pm »
Heh. Easy. Have fun and respect each other in the community.

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #188 on: December 25, 2006, 10:15:10 pm »
Curiosity strikes again.

What's your favorite video game of all time, and why? (Not Neverwinter Nights. ;) )

Leanthar

« Reply #189 on: December 26, 2006, 06:43:45 am »
I don't really have a "favorite". I enjoyed Betrayal at Krondor, a few in the Ultima series, all of the Baldur's Gate stuff, Darklands, Fallout (both), Civilization (all of them--awesome game) and Realms of Arkania. If I had to choose it would probably be Realms of Arkania because it was a great RP game that made one think, and it was immersive as they had a lot of cool things in the game. But perhaps Civilization since I know I have personally played that game for at least a few hundred hours over the years.

pavs6453

• View Profile
    RE: Do you have a question for Leanthar?
    « Reply #190 on: February 20, 2007, 05:06:16 pm »
    I am a level 1 Elf fighter, and i cannot find the means to heal myself in battle, or to gain much experience when i do fight. I am asking where i can purchase the means to heal myself, like potions, or healing kits.

Leanthar

« Reply #191 on: February 20, 2007, 05:09:43 pm »
    As a level 1 it is difficult that is for sure, just like all new beginning experiences. But the temple can help you. On top of that nearly all characters (PC's) will be able to help you.

Nibor21

RE: Do you have a question for Leanthar?
    « Reply #192 on: February 20, 2007, 11:53:46 pm »
    Leanthar, you have been working on Layo in both pnp and cvg format for a long time now and Layonara has a truely unique fell history culture etc. However I can't help noticing that certain place names (Roldem coming into mind the quickest) seem to bear a strange familiarity to places in other fantasy worlds. Did you borrow any geography, histories etc from other fantasy universes? If so who and where (generally now) did you draw the most inspiration from

Leanthar

« Reply #193 on: February 21, 2007, 06:49:28 am »
    Yeah, in a large way--and that is what has caused us so much work in the past year. I love FR, Ravenloft as great pnp game settings. But also love them for reading, in addition to reading I enjoy Fiest, Dragonlance, and several others...so I would use basic ideas on things--and sadly I used names--bad Dan. It wasn't bad when it was just PnP gaming--but that is not what it is any more, by a long shot. So all of it has changed and been redefined but keeping the history of the past few decades.

Most inspiration....I don't know if there is a 'most inspiration' really. It depends on mood and the foucs of the day really.

Witch Hunter

« Reply #194 on: February 22, 2007, 08:43:34 am »
    Big L...

whats your favorite food? :O

Leanthar

« Reply #195 on: February 22, 2007, 08:49:10 am »
    *chuckles* Food in general!! :)

Hmmm. Not sure. I love fried chicken, mashed potatoes (or potato salad) and corn...but I also love a lot of other food. My favorite meal is breakfast though.

lunchboxkilla

« Reply #196 on: February 27, 2007, 10:39:30 pm »
    If you had the choice of mind numbing endless happiness or the fact the you'll end up tolling in some god forsaken coal mine, what would you like more pie or cake?

darkstorme

« Reply #197 on: February 27, 2007, 11:01:16 pm »
    As a different, more esoteric note, given that you indicated that you've played the BG series:  In Baldur's Gate II, what was your party of choice?  (Mine was Jai'mi (sue me, I wasn't creative back then), Minsc, Imoen, Nalia, Aerie, and either Anomen or Jaheria, as the med kit.)  (Oh, and Sarevok, after the expansion, just 'cause of the interactions.)

Leanthar

« Reply #198 on: February 28, 2007, 05:37:27 am »
    I don't remember all of them but the ones I do remember were, Minsc, Iomen, and Jaheria.

Witch Hunter

« Reply #199 on: March 02, 2007, 06:46:45 pm »
    How many times did you replay Baldurs Gate? :P

Personaly... I did it more than 50 :O