The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Do you have a question for Leanthar?  (Read 3579 times)

Foxy

• View Profile
    RE: Do you have a question for Leanthar?
    « Reply #40 on: July 03, 2004, 02:39:00 am »
    In V1 the spell components are so costly they necromancers don't have the money to waste on them because the creatures summoned by the "Summon Dead etc..." are VERY weak compared to the spell level and level of the character. You'd get better summons with Planar Summons and even Shadow Summonings than Undead. They just die in one hit by a bugbear at lvl 14. I meen a regular bugbear not a bugbear champion or anything. So that tells you how weak they are. Plus the components are just TOO expensive to go around buying at that level. People are poor and the items sold to help out are expensive enough to detour away from spell components all together and just find spells that don't have spell components to save money. V2, hehe, V2 I hope won't srootanize against buying price of spell components and won't mess up spells that are ment to be strong at the levels they are selected on. For one, from what i see, we'll need the spell strength BACK in V2. Hopefully the summons will be brought back up to par from where they are now... summoning a badger to fight off an owlbear or dire spider... that doesn't work very well at all... and if you summon your familiar well... there's 100 gold down the drain... but at least you got away, nope, lag from stupid ISP AHHHHHHH!!! *stabs ISP with sharp pointy stick* Anyways. I hope the undead summoning is boosted back up to par come V2, I haven't tested anything yet cause of OBVIOUS internet issues.

Leanthar

« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2004, 08:11:00 am »
    You need to come over and test if you have concerns.  But the summoning system has been made over and is now very customized to us.  I think you will be happy with what you see.

Eight-Bit

« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2004, 08:03:00 pm »
    I've seen some new gods added lately. Are there any Evil Gods of War in the works or that already exist? Just wondering, maybe something for future Char Devs.

Leanthar

« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2004, 09:25:00 pm »
    We have one more god coming but she is not evil.  That will be the last god for a while though.

Eight-Bit

« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2004, 11:46:00 pm »
    Well, not really *evil*. Something like Ares I mean. You know? The ideals of Vorax, without all the honor attached. Heh.

Foxy

• View Profile
      « Reply #45 on: July 16, 2004, 05:49:00 pm »
      OHHH!!! What God!? Will I like her!? When's she coming?!

Leanthar

« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2004, 03:05:00 pm »
      All deities are in now.  There will be no more.

Foxy

• View Profile
        « Reply #47 on: August 04, 2004, 03:36:00 pm »
        Can I submit some ideas for more PrC's. Basically, the layout, back drop of the character, and what the character is. A well defined layout of levels gained + stuff that is given on those levels? I have alot of ideas and I need to put some down before my brain attracts to many mindflayers.

GhostWhoWalks

• Followers of Dorand
          • View Profile
        « Reply #48 on: August 04, 2004, 06:35:00 pm »
        Yeah, but it doesn't mean any of them will ever get made.

NitaThompson

• View Profile
          « Reply #49 on: August 05, 2004, 03:28:00 am »
          Submissions for new PrC's should be sent to GhostWhoWalks.  :)
            Like he stated above though..not guarantees they will ever be created but all ideas are welcome.

ZeroVega

« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2004, 03:42:00 pm »
          Back again with more questions.
            1. Are all of the gods against Blood or are some of the evil ones rooting him on (and even helping him as an ally)?
            2. Will the continents/islands be changing (creature spawns, metal deposits n' such) as Blood defeats them and strips them of their natural resources?
            3. I understand that Dregar has now been attacked. This isn't something that you've planned out and that the PCs won't be able to defend against is it? Or will we be able to repel to forces and save Dregar for the time being?
            4. Hope no one get's mad at me for asking, but I had to. I noticed that there seem to no longer be limmits on special subraces and PrCs. Will these ever be put in place again or is it just, "Make a good enough Bio, and put time into your character, and the Race/PrC is yours?
            5. Last time I asked questions one of them was about the continents that are still free. Well Rilara is not one of them so......Do Blood's forces occupy it now? And if I go there will I have a run in with them? (Example: Blood scouts, undead thingies, and little demon dudes who fight for blood?)
            That's all for now. If you need to give me a, "can't answer that." Go ahead. :) 

Leanthar

« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2004, 03:48:00 pm »
          1. Are all of the gods against Blood or are some of the evil ones rooting him on (and even helping him as an ally)?
            Hmmm... I can not think of very many that are rooting for him at all.
            2. Will the continents/islands be changing (creature spawns, metal deposits n' such) as Blood defeats them and strips them of their natural resources?
            Yes, as much as we can that is.  It is a LOT of work to do this though so we need to keep it within reason.
            3. I understand that Dregar has now been attacked. This isn't something that you've planned out and that the PCs won't be able to defend against is it? Or will we be able to repel to forces and save Dregar for the time being?
            PC's will be involved when we can get to it but again it is all a matter of time.  But yes, we will be allowing armies and such to repel the forces, or lose/die trying.
            4. Hope no one get's mad at me for asking, but I had to. I noticed that there seem to no longer be limmits on special subraces and PrCs. Will these ever be put in place again or is it just, "Make a good enough Bio, and put time into your character, and the Race/PrC is yours?
            Right now it is the do a good bio thing.  And one of the things you guys need to understand is that although it seems like many are doing subraces, very few are getting very far in them because they are starting to realize that the ECL's makes them a lot more difficult that realized.  But if it looks like too many are starting to reach mid/high level I will probably fall back to restricting them in some way.
            5. Last time I asked questions one of them was about the continents that are still free. Well Rilara is not one of them so......Do Blood's forces occupy it now? And if I go there will I have a run in with them? (Example: Blood scouts, undead thingies, and little demon dudes who fight for blood?)
            The continent is controlled by Milara, who is a general of Bloods.  We are making guards (thank Qui_z) for blood and milara and such but again we come back to the time problem.  We will do our best.

Eight-Bit

« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2004, 11:40:00 am »
          Hey Leanthar,

Are we to follow these rules when casting cure and inflict spells in via Spontaneous casting?

Spontaneous Casting: A good cleric (or a neutral cleric of a good deity) can channel stored spell energy into healing spells that the cleric did not prepare ahead of time. The cleric can “lose” any prepared spell that is not a domain spell in order to cast any cure spell of the same spell level or lower (a cure spell is any spell with “cure” in its name).

An evil cleric (or a neutral cleric of an evil deity), can’t convert prepared spells to cure spells but can convert them to inflict spells (an inflict spell is one with “inflict” in its name).

A cleric who is neither good nor evil and whose deity is neither good nor evil can convert spells to either cure spells or inflict spells (player’s choice). Once the player makes this choice, it cannot be reversed. This choice also determines whether the cleric turns or commands undead (see below).

Quoted from http://srd.pbemnexus.com/home.html

Leanthar

« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2004, 11:53:00 am »
          Where did this come from?
            And yeah, it sounds reasonable.

Pankoki

« Reply #54 on: September 27, 2004, 01:39:00 pm »
          Those are standard 3rd edition cleric rules for DnD. Good Clerics get spontaneous healing, evil inflicts, and neutral decide at first level and stick with that forever unless some major change.

« Reply #55 on: October 06, 2004, 04:14:00 pm »
          Heya Leanthar,

As you may or may not know, I am playing a Cleric of Pyrtechon.  One of my character's many goals is to protect the remaining Chromatic dragons from extinction.  Is there any clarification you can give on the current status of the Chromatic Dragons on Layonara?  If it is not common knowledge, could you PM or email me with what I might know?  Thanks a bunch.

Leanthar

« Reply #56 on: October 06, 2004, 05:05:00 pm »
          Since you are a new character you would not know anything other than rumors and what you speak about to other players.  Eventually though you could find out more information but it will take a lot of conversations in game and a lot of RP. 
            All dragons (for most part) are in hiding as such they are very hard to find and most certainly do not want to be spoken about.  However most (but not all) are placed in the world.

Eight-Bit

« Reply #57 on: October 12, 2004, 12:42:00 am »
          One of my character's have found three of the Dragons. They hide pretty well.

Another question from me - What is the role of an average Cleric of Toran? How are they viewed by the average society? Are they bound by stricter rules than the Paladins? Also, how should we RP the Summons? They summon Lawful Good Mixed Celestials. Of course not as martyrs, but are they allies? Followers of Toran? Just wondering for future developments. Thanks!

Leanthar

« Reply #58 on: October 12, 2004, 08:02:00 am »
          Clerics are not quite as strict as a Paladin of Toran.  They are healers and protectors for the most part.  RP the summons *shrugs*?  Just RP them.

Eight-Bit - 10/12/2004 12:42 AM One of my character's have found three of the Dragons. They hide pretty well. Another question from me - What is the role of an average Cleric of Toran? How are they viewed by the average society? Are they bound by stricter rules than the Paladins? Also, how should we RP the Summons? They summon Lawful Good Mixed Celestials. Of course not as martyrs, but are they allies? Followers of Toran? Just wondering for future developments. Thanks!

Tolinar

• View Profile
            « Reply #59 on: October 17, 2004, 06:07:00 pm »
            Leanthar,

I have a Lag question, if you don't mind. I believe that a new server is part of the solution, and have donated accordingly. My question is, would making CNR items and spell components stackable relieve the lag problems. I was noticing that the "database" that my characters open and close alot is their inventory. And boy do they have a lot of stuff in there! Thangah has taken up scribing. Needless to say he has a lot of little leaves and honey and eggs and so on in there. Wouldn't it make it a lot faster for the data base to call up one little symbol with a count in the corner than fifteen of the same little symbol? I just think that all the cool spell components and CNR stuff are the reason the lag is so bad. People have full inventories and access them hundreds of times a day. I go to the bank chest maybe once a week. Probably get into the ox pack twenty times a day. But that inventory gets a work out! Everytime I use a CNR craft table or buy an item from a merchant that thing opens up. Err sorry so long. I really hate Lag and hope that this suggestion helps.

Regards,
            Toli

anything