The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Do you have a question for Leanthar?  (Read 3780 times)

ZeroVega

RE: Do you have a question for Leanthar?
« Reply #80 on: December 07, 2004, 08:19:00 am »
Yay! More questions!
  1. I know East server is still being heavily worked on to get it populated but, do you have an estimate on a release date for the "dreaded server of certain death"?
  2. I know the Underdark exists on East server, but from what I've heard that's it, no West or Central. Would it be possible to eventually spread some small tunnels through West and Central, that lead to East and possibly the most deadly areas on Layonara??
  Example for questions 2: The Dungeon of the Eye. Beholders, Ithilid, Umber Hulks, very fun to fight and if you notice all underdark creatures. Perhaps make the Dungeon of the eye a bit longer 4-6 areas (a lot of work I know just an idea for eventually), and lead to another small underdark area on Central which would be extremely hard to get through 5-12 areas (again I know insane just thoughts) and eventually you'd travel all the way to the east server underdark?
  3. Sorry but I am fascinated with the underdark so......could you give me a rough estimate on what percentage of East server the underdark is. Ie: 20% of east server areas are composed of the Underdark.
  4. Also will there be any alternate plane areas worked into Central or East? (I say Central or East because I doubt any characters level 1-10 would want to go to another plane)
  5. I posted a while ago about constellations (maybe it was a PM not sure) and this is related. In Dragon Lance, the gods are shown in the sky as star constellations, even though I know star constellations haven't really been done or finnished yet will the gods and the constellations refelct the same way?
  6. On a similar note to question 5. Do the two moons, Ausir & Orn, have any connection with the gods, other planes, or Sinthar Bloodstone similar to what I asked about the constellations above? (don't have to answer it if it's something too big)
  7. I noticed that in the hand book there are Underdark Cities....will these cities be actually in the Underdark on East server?
  8. (Only if 7 is answered yes) Will these cities be hostile to all, or only people of a certain alignment, or only to characters that aren't drow?
  9. (Last one) I've recently come to the conclusion that I'm infected with "Layonariosis" you wouldn't know of a cure would you? ;)

EdTheKet

« Reply #81 on: December 07, 2004, 12:39:00 pm »
Yay! More answers (on behalf of Big L).

1. I know East server is still being heavily worked on to get it populated but, do you have an estimate on a release date for the "dreaded server of certain death"?
[/FONT]
  Not at this time.

2. I know the Underdark exists on East server, but from what I've heard that's it, no West or Central. Would it be possible to eventually spread some small tunnels through West and Central, that lead to East and possibly the most deadly areas on Layonara?? [/FONT]
  Example for questions 2: The Dungeon of the Eye. Beholders, Ithilid, Umber Hulks, very fun to fight and if you notice all underdark creatures. Perhaps make the Dungeon of the eye a bit longer 4-6 areas (a lot of work I know just an idea for eventually), and lead to another small underdark area on Central which would be extremely hard to get through 5-12 areas (again I know insane just thoughts) and eventually you'd travel all the way to the east server underdark?
[/FONT]
     Is it possible? Yes. Will it be done? Not sure.

3. Sorry but I am fascinated with the underdark so......could you give me a rough estimate on what percentage of East server the underdark is. Ie: 20% of east server areas are composed of the Underdark.
[/FONT]
  Let’s just say there are a lot.

4. Also will there be any alternate plane areas worked into Central or East? (I say Central or East because I doubt any characters level 1-10 would want to go to another plane)
[/FONT]
  Servers are already very full, area-wise, there are no “alternate plane” areas worked into the servers at this time.
     [quote]5. I posted a while ago about constellations (maybe it was a PM not sure) and this is related. In Dragon Lance, the gods are shown in the sky as star constellations, even though I know star constellations haven't really been done or finnished yet will the gods and the constellations refelct the same way? [/quote]
  Yes, all gods are symbolized in constellations. However, constellations are not the gods themselves. There are more constellations than there are gods.
     [quote]6. On a similar note to question 5. Do the two moons, Ausir & Orn, have any connection with the gods, other planes, or Sinthar Bloodstone similar to what I asked about the constellations above? (don't have to answer it if it's something too big) [/quote]
  No comment, other than that some Aeridin rituals are related to the postions of the moons.

7. I noticed that in the hand book there are Underdark Cities....will these cities be actually in the Underdark on East server?
[/FONT]
  Descend into Underdark and find out ;)

8. (Only if 7 is answered yes) Will these cities be hostile to all, or only people of a certain alignment, or only to characters that aren't drow?
[/FONT]
  #7 was not answered yes…

9. (Last one) I've recently come to the conclusion that I'm infected with "Layonariosis" you wouldn't know of a cure would you? [/FONT]
[/FONT]
  Sorry, it’s incurable.

Leanthar

« Reply #82 on: December 07, 2004, 12:44:00 pm »
Thank you Ed.

« Reply #83 on: December 10, 2004, 08:53:00 am »
How much wood could a wizard chuck cut if a wizard chuck could cut wood? *smiles*

Any idea if there would ever be something that a wizard might be able to equip to use an axe? Perhaps some different tool that might be used on a tree to get something besides a branch that could be used to make sawdust for paper for scribing?

Is there any chance the stats used in crafting my be altered or substitued for other stats?  For instance gem cutting.  Dexterity and Charisma... perhaps have Intelligence be substitued for charisma?  I'm having a hard time forcing my "inner strength" onto the rocks and thought maybe I could find an intelligent way to compensate.

Leanthar

« Reply #84 on: December 10, 2004, 09:00:00 am »
Any idea if there would ever be something that a wizard might be able to equip to use an axe? Perhaps some different tool that might be used on a tree to get something besides a branch that could be used to make sawdust for paper for scribing?   + No, probably not but perhaps in the future when I don't have quite so much to do.
  Is there any chance the stats used in crafting my be altered or substitued for other stats? For instance gem cutting. Dexterity and Charisma... perhaps have Intelligence be substitued for charisma? I'm having a hard time forcing my "inner strength" onto the rocks and thought maybe I could find an intelligent way to compensate.  + Easy enough, but it would change the entire scope of gem cutting and I am not sure that 50% more of the community wants that.  Start a new thread and ask for feedback (Dexterity/Intelligence) on just gem cutting.  If it looks good I will make the change.

Plagues7

• View Profile
    « Reply #85 on: December 31, 2004, 09:19:00 am »
    QUESTION 1
    Are the Craft Armor and Craft Weapon skills used in the Layonara, or are we to use the server creation system instead?

Reason I ask, I am creating a Ranger/Wizard (who will eventually be an Arcane Archer)  I would like to be able to make my own arrows and bows.  So was wondering what was the best way to do that on this server?

QUESTION 2
    I noticed that you have player houses.  Is it possible to get a non-standard home?

Reason for asking...  Eventually (and this VERY LONG TERM GOAL) I'd like to get Hogul a little in ground hut vs the standard house, with a little turnip garden.  Just thought it be more "homey" for the little guy.  

Thanks,
    Plagues

aka
    Hogul the Turnip Farmer
    Elaithian Longbow

Leanthar

« Reply #86 on: December 31, 2004, 09:25:00 am »
    #1, Do not use these nwn crafting skills, we use only CNR.  Now... We do have a customization system in the craft hall that allows customization of your armor and weapons and it uses the nwn craft skills...but you don't need to put many points in for that.  Players can give you a better answer to this one.
      #2, Yes it is possible.  I might be a little slow in getting to it but I try to add flavor to the houses.  I know on my plate is to try and allow a few ships as "houses" and your request is not overly uncommon either.

Plagues7

• View Profile
      « Reply #87 on: January 02, 2005, 02:19:00 am »
      Ok you made the mistake for having this thread so I figure the least I can do is ask...

Question
      You have made poison crafting for neutrals and evils only... however, you allow races such as drow and (in my case) goblin, where poison is sort of a "norm" for the culture/race.  Heck go to the kobold cave, and your gone get hit with it.  Would there be the possiblity to get/work toward a poison crafting tool usable by a Good aligned character?  If so, what would be the process.

Reason for asking... as I play my poor little turnip farmer I want to be a support type character.  I don't ever see him collecting a +2 or higher bow...  actually I dont like using the bow cause EVERYONE has one, and would like to use a sling.  However limiting the character to d4 and or d6 damage sort of defeats it's purpose... where by using poison he becomes useful and fits the idea of a sly weak gobo try'n to make it in his adventuring world by using those means normally available to him.  I wouldn't expect this to be vendor item but something special earned thru play.

Leanthar

« Reply #88 on: January 02, 2005, 07:52:00 am »
      I know what you are saying...but those npc's are evil--the player pc's are not evil and have at least to some degree "forsaken" that evil way of life (from when they used to live with that race in the wild).

Plagues7

• View Profile
        « Reply #89 on: January 03, 2005, 05:09:00 am »
        I know what you are saying...but those npc's are evil--the player pc's are not evil and have at least to some degree "forsaken" that evil way of life (from when they used to live with that race in the wild).

Ok, makes sense, but that brings up the question...  If we see someone crafting poison are we to assume In-Character, that the character is evil?

I do recall something being said some place that there would be "explaining" to do.

ZeroVega

« Reply #90 on: February 02, 2005, 01:50:00 pm »
        Few more questions, one has been asked before.
        [list=1]
        • Could we get a list of the constellations of stars?
        • I vaguely remember a map that gave distance as well as city names, did this ever exist and if so could we get it back?
        • And last, how many GMs are robots, and is Ozy actually a super computer program like Braniac from the Super Man Comics?

NitaThompson

• View Profile
          « Reply #91 on: February 02, 2005, 01:59:00 pm »
          ZeroVega - 2/2/2005  4:50 PM

And last, how many GMs are robots, and is Ozy actually a super computer program like Braniac from the Super Man Comics

I am sorry that information is confidential and we cannot give it out.  Ozy and Orth are both braniacs and have minds of that of the worlds scarriest numeric based computer.

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #92 on: February 17, 2005, 03:37:00 pm »
          Whats your alignment?

Leanthar

« Reply #93 on: February 17, 2005, 04:36:00 pm »
          CG...
            But on the plot Quest.... TN

dadunmir

• Followers of Mist
            • View Profile
          « Reply #94 on: February 24, 2005, 01:00:00 pm »
          Not sure this one is answerable?  I was just curious about the time Yashilla has spent since her first day in Hlint.  I wanted to think about the fact that time marches on thus, we age and mature.  I want to incorperate the maturity process not just in terms of character lvl but also age into RPing the character.  I searched "sundial" in the forums and got the wonderful and not overly complicated :) "Orth multiply by 15" rule to deterimine calendar time on layonara based on RL time.  I did this today and well naturally it worked and I got the time to within a few days which is good enough for what I need.  

So here is the question.  How did time march on earlier?  Was there a magical formula that I can use to count backwards? I started playing online here Dec '04. I was hoping to figure out approximately how long Yashilla's been gone from her family and I'd be happy with an accuracy of +/- 1 month.  I kick myself for it as I failed to record that sundial time when I first got here.

orth

« Reply #95 on: February 24, 2005, 01:07:00 pm »
          40.98457961 in game months Yashilla.

ZeroVega

« Reply #96 on: February 24, 2005, 01:10:00 pm »
            Might just be me, but I don't regard the Sundial in Hlint for acurate In Game time. There's a Timeline here on the forum, it's updated I'd say every few months and I think that's the best we can do. People (including me when I played a human) complained that in game time would lead to mass aging. 48 RL minutes is an in game day. 60 RL minutes x 24 hours = 1440 Then take 1440 RL minutes in a day, and divide that by 48 RL minutes to get an in game day and you have 30 in game days to one RL day.
              Now this might just be me, but thirty in game years, in one in game year, seems a bit steep to me. That would make a certain character I know at the age where people usually turn to dust. Some human characters have been played for 1.5-2.5 years here! that's 45-75 years! Taking into consideration that most characters start around the average age of 20-28 that'd make them way to old to be doing what they're doing. I don't care how flipping Epic you are. You're 85 in those days, you've been dead for twenty years.
            So just go off the timeline. If you can't remember where you started on the timeline. Make something up.

orth

« Reply #97 on: February 24, 2005, 01:11:00 pm »
          It's 96 rl minutes to in game day.

Qui_Z

• Followers of Lucinda
            • View Profile
          « Reply #98 on: February 24, 2005, 01:11:00 pm »
          Leanthar - 2/18/2005 8:36 AM   CG...
            But on the plot Quest.... TN

*Remembers helping him with some other GMs on a plot quest in the UD*
            *Remembers him playing with the blood rogue with that party in the Tauren Hills*
              Oh, you liar..

ZeroVega

« Reply #99 on: February 24, 2005, 01:31:00 pm »
          Orth,
              If I remember correctly it's
            10 seconds for a round
            1 Minute for a turn
            2 Minutes (2 turns) for an Hour
            24 Hours in a day
            2 minutes (1 hour) x 24 hours = 48 minutes RL Did I miss something?

anything