The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Points of Interest  (Read 1017 times)

EdTheKet

Re: Points of Interest
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2010, 02:41:40 am »
Quote from: Dorganath

THE PROPOSAL:
We would like someone or someones to send in a short (1 paragraph maximum.) description of each location you know about. It can be grounded in fact (for those places with a definite significance) or complete local legend and hearsay....or a little of both!

.....  We're not going to be fact-checking for the most part

I would suggest to RP the info from the flag as (for example) stories or info you got from local populace that lives near the area. Also, because we can have several entries per POI and because they could potentially give conflicting information, we thought this could give rise to nice discussions.

Acacea

« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2010, 09:37:12 am »
There are a lot of ways to get information... it could just as easily be from a book or a less local story. That is the general idea of the lore skill after all, heh.

Couldn't we just arrange these in the order of wildly false to resembling truth and make them available on a lore check? I'm not talking DC 75, here.

It's great that there will be information for everyone, but the point of assigning and investing skills is to represent the character you are roleplaying. A fighter from Dregar may have never heard of Shifter but heard a few rumors about the tower on his way through the area. A wizard may have read some treatise on Shifter and the implications of his existence on the theories of time.

Having everything from tall tales to grains of truth to facts available to everyone is certainly better than a weird flag sitting around, but separating some of those pieces of information in order to allow party members to further inform other party members can encourage discussion and IC knowledge... and investment in skills. If you want more information, learn more!

Dorganath

« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2010, 09:52:46 am »
I guess that depends on what you all submit!  ;)

If all we get is wild conjecture, then there's little arrangement to be had.

But I can do something like that sure.  The major sticking point is having those blurbs, not what I do with them.

anything