In-Character Forums > Dragon Retribution

Location Thread: Hurm

(1/13) > >>

Rowana:
//This thread tracks the goings on in Hurm. At the start of this thread Jennara and Acacea are within the walls and Vrebel is near by. Please only post in this thread if your character has traveled to, or very near by, Hurm. When your character departs or enters, please make the join/departure clear with IC post.//This is an IC thread, please try to keep all posts IC.Hurm has been engulfed in a plague, believed to be the product of the Black Plague, known as the Wasting Death. Rofirienites have set up neighborhood clincs throughout the city in an effort to contain the outbreak. Most recently some Aeridintes have come to assist with apparent cures that aid only the least afflicted. People are transitioning from disbelief and incredulity to angry. Prior to the plague outbreak, names of those allegedly responsible were called out and many city folk are blaming openly those names. Reportedly the Regent himself has sworn an oath to destroy those responsible.

Acacea:
TELL SASCHI - but it's too late. The golden shimmer of the portal has washed away her surroundings and replaced them with a city caught in the grip of ilvilel'ceela. The colorfully inked halfling grins and winks at the first person she notices, in case stepping out of nowhere shouting over her shoulder had alarmed anyone, but the smile fades from her face as she walks, the sounds and smells of the street contrasting loudly with those she's just left. Her steps slow, and then stop, and for a moment she is not inside a city but before one, a shining one with gates barred and archers on the wall. The turn of her head to look behind is hesitant; the field of diseased dead and fallen soldiers bodies of the lesser races stacked like wood for the winter is not going anywhere.Rymmu, she tries uncertainly to the moving people she sees in place of what she briefly expected, and heads in a general direction for the district Jennara was supposed to take. She becomes distracted, however, at the sight of one of their clinics in operation, all the faces that have become not-faces, just spinning tops going wobbly. Her hand rattles absently to chime the bells shackled around her wrist, and the smoke and the shouting is chased away for a space by the bright and silvery noise. By the time her dream-sister tracks her down, she is easy to follow by sound. She's in the middle of Coin From The Well, and flips a single piece of the Queen's Gold lit brightly with a scroll to someone nearby.

Gulnyr:
Niccy. I heard you were here. Jennara had approached from the right, and now stands a human's-step away, hands clasped behind her back. She looks sad, despite the reunion with one so close. It is clear, too, that she is tired. One too many strands of her hair hang loose. Her posture, her shoulders, her eyelids almost droop, sagging rather than supporting, as if trying to lay themselves down but held up by a will. My post is this way.She turns to begin walking, but stops and looks back to Acacea.I am glad, and sorry, you are here.

Acacea:
At the end of a chorus Acacea looks right and tilts her head; her eyes refocus after a beat and she smiles at the other halfling. She tsks playfully at Jennara's less-than-orderly appearance, teasing at the model she sets for all the scale-shiners, and moves beside her when she pauses. Mmmmhm! Me, too! Oh, wait. She rummages around in one of her sleeves and fishes out something wrapped in a large leaf and tied with twine. It has a savory aroma that combines unpleasantly with that from the distant pyres. Acacea shrugs apologetically. I picked some up for you in Spellgard; it seemed a lot more delicious at the time. I'm still hoarding a sack lunch from Anna! She tugs at the twine as they walk and reveals several palm-sized (for a halfling) balls of spiced dough, some unidentifiable filling trying to escape when she takes a bite of one. fill pree guh. A cough and another swallow. Anyway, do you want the good news or the bad news, besides the two-in-one of the ikkmwhyldillo? 

Gulnyr:
Jennara eyes the dough balls not-quite-suspiciously, then takes three. She starts walking back to her assigned area.Start with the bad news, please. Let the news become increasingly better.She eats one of the dough balls without comment or expression.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version