The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: "Front Line" weapon dealer in Center  (Read 433 times)

Juzzo

"Front Line" weapon dealer in Center
« on: February 27, 2012, 05:12:18 pm »
Hi guys.

Been having an issue with opening this store screen. It has been crashing my client, although throughout all of center this is the only merchant that this happens with.

I first thought it was an install problem, but after having spent two days trying to resolve the problem, I did notice one detail I had missed that might be part of the cause....maybe.

He is the only merchant that crashes my client, and he is also the only merchant that I had tried intimidating for a better price...I notice that the timer never really resets, but goes into negative numbers...such as "This merchant will continue to offer you prices for -1250 minutes"...Number keeps getting bigger....Wondering if someone could check for a loop that might be running here, breaking the merchant for me.

Thanks for your time!

darkstorme

Re: "Front Line" weapon dealer in Center
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 10:37:55 pm »
I've had the same thing happen from time to time on one merchant or another, but it's just an overflow on an integer, and is unlikely to cause a client crash.

When, precisely, does the client crash?  When you open his inventory, or during the dialogue?

Guardian 452

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 10:59:22 pm »
A good test if you can get a GM to help you. Have a Warhammer remodeled to one of the heads that looks like its made of a gem. Put it in a box.. and have him open it. If its like my old issue. You will crash every time you try and open the box.

I wish I had a better fix for you than copying the older NWN folder from my wifes laptop man! :)

Dorganath

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 11:11:12 pm »
Whatever's going on with the merchant should reset its behavior when the server is next reset.

You might also try re-expanding your HAKs in case there's a problem with a missing or corrupt resource. If you used the All-in-One download, some people have experienced issues with it given the large file size.

Juzzo

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 09:27:22 am »
Ive re-installed the haks a few times, I have a great internet connection, dont think that is the problem...but have tried replacing a few of the haks with their single DL counterparts...Maybe ill go through the rest of them...Can someone confirm the size of the all in one file? It states that it is 955MB, Ive gotten 873.5 MB each time Ive snagged it (Three DL's).

The crash occurs when I open the inventory. Can chat with him just fine.

Juzzo

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2012, 10:34:11 am »
Things I have tried...(Just to save time trouble shooting)

-Installing NWN with different settings of UAC. (Vista 64)
-Installing NWN in different locations. (Currently on the root of C: )
-Updating Nvidia drivers. (560ti card..Nvidia forums had a lot on new cards having problems with NWN, current drivers are supposed to fix it)
-Changing settings through Nvidia control panel (Core usage, threading, etc) and the game (minimal settings).
-Properties changed to XP SP2, disabled visual themes, etc, on nwnmain.exe
-Gotten frustrated. <--heh.

Im (As above) going through the haks one at a time, once I get em all, Ill report results.

-Just tried using WINRAR as opposed to Z-ZIP to see if that made a difference. File sizes are all the same. Ill try using the winrar files in game. (Edit:No change)

Juzzo

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2012, 11:26:03 am »
Individual haks, same result...Im stumped.

Guess Ill just flag someone down, tell em the guy doesnt like me, and ask em to snag me a sword. heh.

Juzzo

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2012, 11:54:36 am »
Resolved!

Although the GOG version claims to be patched up to 1.69...I tried dl'ing and installing it. After installation, everything works fine.

Thanks again for your time guys!

Guardian 452

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2012, 12:40:36 pm »
Nice!

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2012, 02:18:05 pm »
So the GOG version worked whereas your old nwn disc install didn't?

Juzzo

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2012, 05:20:55 pm »
I would have had to (Further) tear apart the closet to find the expansion disks. So I snagged the GOG version. Problem was with the GOG version, as I had not tried the old disk.

The GOG version claims to be patched up to 1.69, But I ran the 1.69 patch on it just to be thorough...That is what did the trick.

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2012, 07:07:34 pm »
Ahh. Interesting.

Masterjack

« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2012, 04:04:53 pm »
Quote from: Juzzo
Things I have tried...(Just to save time trouble shooting)

-Installing NWN with different settings of UAC. (Vista 64)
-Installing NWN in different locations. (Currently on the root of C: )
-Updating Nvidia drivers. (560ti card..Nvidia forums had a lot on new cards having problems with NWN, current drivers are supposed to fix it)
-Changing settings through Nvidia control panel (Core usage, threading, etc) and the game (minimal settings).
-Properties changed to XP SP2, disabled visual themes, etc, on nwnmain.exe
-Gotten frustrated. <--heh.

Im (As above) going through the haks one at a time, once I get em all, Ill report results.

-Just tried using WINRAR as opposed to Z-ZIP to see if that made a difference. File sizes are all the same. Ill try using the winrar files in game. (Edit:No change)

Just so you know I have a Asus tx560ti video card using Win 7 64 and it does not like NWN one bit. I crashed over 6 times last night during a quest, it has to do something with openGL and the video card. I know the latest driver fixed it a bit (Dec 2011) but I still get problems now and then.