The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: 2 of my characters are bugged on same map  (Read 291 times)

Praylor Falcus

2 of my characters are bugged on same map
« on: March 03, 2007, 11:52:17 pm »
I was going with a party with praylor falcus to the battlehelm moors , no soon had he steped in the area than i crashed, i tried to restart and it gets to load screen and crashes

I then tried to bring in canius hearthgard as people were in need of help and no sooner did he step in the area and same thing.

Now both characters get to battlehelm moors load screen and about 3/4 of the load bar loads and i crash. Same with both characters.

Makashi

Re: 2 of my characters are bugged on same map
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2007, 01:37:10 am »
I've had this issue a couple of times myself Praylor, what I'd suggest trying is loggong on one of rhw other servers so that it boots you, this has fixed my crashing issue when I've had it happen multiple times in the same spot - hope it helps.

EdTheKet

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2007, 01:42:48 am »
In your NWN video options turn off the Shiny Water option and the Skybox option, that usually helps.
If that does not help, please post, than this is more of a bug, not a dispute/grievance, so moving it.

Praylor Falcus

RE: 2 of my characters are bugged on same map
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2007, 02:48:50 pm »
Sky boxes and shiney water off got canius out ok , but still crashed on praylor

did the log into wrong server trick with praylor and got booted, Then log on to west as normal and he's out, same system but required differant solutions, go figure

Thanks for the input and suggestions , Both are out and playable thanks to you two.

Leanthar

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2007, 02:35:28 pm »
Alrighty. I have adjusted all of the battlehelm moors areas. No more low lying water, no more vfx or anything like that. I also removed some of the placeables here and there. That means it doesn't look as nice but hopefully it is less "crashy".

If the problem persists we need a new bug report and hopefully only one thread this time. :)

anything