The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: 206 castle mask, loading bug  (Read 284 times)

Hellblazer

206 castle mask, loading bug
« on: November 08, 2009, 01:16:39 pm »
Not sure what is wrong, but I have noticed for the last couple of times that the house didn't load up when I entered it after a reset. The door is always locked, although as dorg said, they are technically always locked.

I have to reuse the key to load it every time.

it also seems that the 215 dalanthar house loading problem has returned.

Hellblazer

Re: 206 castle mask, loading bug
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 12:20:57 am »
Heya *waves to the team*

Not to rush or pressure, but I  wanted to know if anything had been found about this bug?

Dorganath

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 12:36:44 am »
No, I didn't see anything immediately wrong with them, though I'll look again. next time.

Black Cat

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 11:30:18 am »
As far as I know... it's not a bug.
 It has been like that for some time now.
 The house furniture doesn't automatically load (appears) in the house after a server reset unless you do one of two things:

- knock on the door (and just opening the door will not do, you have to use the "I want to knock on the door" choice in the door dialogue).
 - use the key (be it the master one or a copy of it) special ability inside the house.

Hellblazer

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2010, 02:44:45 pm »
Nope. I mean and meant as it has previously been posted in an other bug thread for 215 Dalanthar. That even if you are out of the house and you come in, it doesn't load up. As 206 has a locked door, where you need to use the key to get in, not just walk in. It doesn't load up as it should.

Loading up with the key, while in the house loads is fine. Loading the house up from opening the locked door, isn't working.

Hellblazer

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2010, 12:18:08 am »
Quote from: Black Cat
- knock on the door (and just opening the door will not do, you have to use the "I want to knock on the door" choice in the door dialogue).

Unless the door is actually locked that option doesn't work. Tried and tested. That's why it works on the freelancer and the orc bashers, because they have a door that is locked tied to the same area. But on normal house that doesn't work.

Hellblazer

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2010, 02:45:37 pm »
Alright flagging this again, was hoping it would be fixed in the last update. But it wasn't.

The house still doesn't load unless a key is used inside the house. Even though the door is mechanically locked before you select the option to load the house, the house is simply not loading. And from what I've been told many others have the same problem.

Dorganath

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2010, 03:04:52 pm »
Quote from: Hellblazer
And from what I've been told many others have the same problem.

Is there a reason many others are submitting their bug reports to you instead of this forum? ;)

Regardless...I have been unable to reproduce this problem, so I haven't been able to figure out what's wrong yet. It's inconsistent at best.

Dorganath

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2010, 03:09:23 pm »
Not sure what is wrong, but I have noticed for the last couple of times that the house didn't load up when I entered it after a reset. The door is always locked, although as dorg said, they are technically always locked.

Unless the door is actually locked that option doesn't work. Tried and tested. That's why it works on the freelancer and the orc bashers, because they have a door that is locked tied to the same area. But on normal house that doesn't work.

Hold on a second....

What is the logical state of the door?  Is it set to "unlocked"  in the menu?  Forget the fact that mechanically it's locked all  the time (as are all house doors).  Do you leave the door "unlocked"  through the menu?

Please clarify.

Hellblazer

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2010, 06:21:43 pm »
Yes in the menu it is *scratch*unlocked*scratch* locked it self. My sentence of mechanically locked, was referring to 215 dalanthar as an answer to black cat post about the knock option and to what you had told me a few months ago that, the door were already locked the keep it unlock in the menu simply meant that other people could enter the house, but the door was locked originally.

//edited

Hellblazer

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2010, 04:22:39 pm »
Err sorry there 206 castle mask is locked in the menu.. its my shop that is unlock and interestingly, it doesn't have a problem to load after a server restart.

Hellblazer

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2010, 04:25:01 pm »
Quote from: Dorganath
Is there a reason many others are submitting their bug reports to you instead of this forum? ;)

Regardless...I have been unable to reproduce this problem, so I haven't been able to figure out what's wrong yet. It's inconsistent at best.

Eh no, it came up when I was talking with chazzler, he told me that it was happening to him and a other people also.

Dorganath

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2010, 04:37:01 pm »
Eh no, it came up when I was talking with chazzler, he told me that it was happening to him and a other people also.

Yeah...that comment was more directed as to why people aren't making reports on this that I can see rather than just talking about it amongst themselves. ;)

anything