The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Bug Report - Posible problem with the coding of named weapons  (Read 138 times)

Lance Stargazer

Bug Report - Posible problem with the coding of named weapons
« on: October 25, 2009, 06:33:54 pm »
Description: Well , the scripting for the naming weapon and the extra xp is great, but i think that there is something on the code that is not working quite well, or I don't know if this was intended. I am posting the image below after nothicing it. Aesthir killed a creature that was in the middle of the path to Prantz with a hammer of Rofirein, and well he got the special message as if it were killed by the blade.

I've noted that the same happens with turning attempts, when getting knuckles for Argos Stargazer in Vehl Crypt.

I can provide the logs if needed.

Verified: yes

Reproducable: I guess so. The image says more than a thousand words,

Dorganath

Re: Bug Report - Posible problem with the coding of named weapon
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2009, 07:03:24 pm »
I'm guessing it's because NWN has no way of knowing what actually kills a creature once the OnDeath event happens (i.e. weapon or spell), so it probably noted a customized weapon in-hand and did its thing.

Chazzler

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2009, 01:36:43 pm »
Happened to me a few times as well, when playing Chakar (mage/fighter),
it seems NWN does not differentiate what kills the enemy, a handheld weapon or a spell, not that I complain heh heh *wide grin*

lonnarin

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009, 04:12:44 pm »
Maybe Aesther shoots his spells out of his blade like a Warhammer Priest? It's not like mages or clerics need to lower their weapons to cast, so staff pointing and deity weapon channeling could feasibly be RPed while casting with weapons in hand.

Chazzler

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2009, 05:04:05 pm »
Quote from: lonnarin
Maybe Aesther shoots his spells out of his blade like a Warhammer Priest? It's not like mages or clerics need to lower their weapons to cast, so staff pointing and deity weapon channeling could feasibly be RPed while casting with weapons in hand.

Indeed!

jrizz

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2009, 05:30:48 pm »
So a fighter/Wizard with a named weapon in hand that casts a mass death spell (Power word kill, Weird, or Wail to name a few) has how many chances at getting a titled kill?

orth

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2009, 07:34:27 pm »
Yes it's kind of a hackery since we can't really tell what killed the victim very easily but it does check that your within a short range of your victim.