The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: 250 Haft Lake unable to reproduce keys.  (Read 265 times)

Lance Stargazer

250 Haft Lake unable to reproduce keys.
« on: January 24, 2010, 06:03:01 am »
Bug Report
Character name : Aesthir Stargazer
Bioware name : Galkun

Description: Well Aesthir house keeps giving troubles, I was trying to create keys for a prospect of renters , but the key creator sends the message that he's not the owner of the house. Aesthir is the owner of the house.  and no one else has accsess to this house till now.  It has some kind of werid bug some weeks ago when the house appeared fully furnitured when Aesthir had not put a single thing there. Unfortunately i was unable to find the post of this previous problem.

Verified: ( waiting for moderator )

Reproducable: I've tried several ocassions today and was unable to produce a key by normal means, I don't know how at some part of the try, one duplicate of the key was made,  ( Ygraine Ursus have it now ), It did not showed me the loss of coins nor the message of getting the new key. I tried changing the locks of the house and seems that it is not working as well.

Picture with info on the case below.

Dorganath

Re: 250 Haft Lake unable to reproduce keys.
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 11:54:28 am »
What I think happened here is that you may have given away the "master" key, the one you got when you first got the house.  The key gives a slightly different message from the master key than from the copies.

I'll give this a little thought, but if you know who might have it and can get the key swapped, that would be the best option, since the key gives you other options for the front door too.

Lance Stargazer

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 12:56:27 pm »
Well..there was no key given before yesterday, In fact the key maker was just set yesterday on the house, so no other key was made, I tried to do the duplicates of keys and got the message of not able to reproduce it , then changed the locks, the options apeared in the door last time I checked ( I changed the liocks afte all ),

As i told you after i changed the lock , I went in into de house again and Ygraine said she foud a key on the chest, I can ask that key back If that serves, but at the moment of the first attemtp, there was only one existant key for the house. No one else had a copy before.

This is the options that appears right now with the key he has on his possesion.

Dorganath

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 01:38:24 pm »
OK, I believe I see why now.  I bet you've been having trouble with furniture too!

Anyway, this should be fixed soon-ish, but it will take a module update.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

anything