The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: NPC Voiceset: I greet you in the name of... Mystra?  (Read 82 times)

lonnarin

NPC Voiceset: I greet you in the name of... Mystra?
« on: June 05, 2008, 04:29:17 pm »
Bug Report

Description: The magic salesman in Vehl when bartered with says, "I greet you in the name of Mystra".  Not so much a bug as it is innacurate, since Mystra is the goddess of magic for the Forgotten Realms and not Layo.  Suggest changing the voiceset to something more appropriate to the Layo Lore.

Location: Magic salesman in Vehl for certain.  Might also be widespread since I think many of these merchents are used all over the world in each shop.

Reproduceable: Yes

darkstorme

Re: NPC Voiceset: I greet you in the name of... Mystra?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 04:51:12 pm »
It's also, unfortunately, part of one of the player voicesets.  As has been discussed previously in the Forums, replacing a voiceset is an annoying process that requires a number of client-side alterations (more downloads, in other words), and would require that a suitable voiceset is produced to replace it.

While someone on the Team might think it's worth replacing, the advice I'd give at this point is "just ignore it".  It's part of the NWN system, which, by its nature, is fairly inextricably linked to the Forgotten Realms.

minerva

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 04:58:17 pm »
You obviously are unaware of the mandatory membership in the Magical Yeoman Sales Trade Representative Association for all those selling magical bits and bobs.  Kinda of a mouthful so most just shorten it to m.y.s.t.r.a. when they chose to announce it.

Who is this goddess you are talking about ;)

Pibemanden

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2008, 05:03:58 pm »
And I always thought they said in the name of mystery... Guess I should have my ears checked ;)

lonnarin

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2008, 05:22:35 pm »
Quote from: darkstorme
It's also, unfortunately, part of one of the player voicesets.  As has been discussed previously in the Forums, replacing a voiceset is an annoying process that requires a number of client-side alterations (more downloads, in other words), and would require that a suitable voiceset is produced to replace it.

While someone on the Team might think it's worth replacing, the advice I'd give at this point is "just ignore it".  It's part of the NWN system, which, by its nature, is fairly inextricably linked to the Forgotten Realms.

It should just require a change in the NPC character properties window within the toolset to assign him another voiceset we already have within the NWN system.  Like maybe "Legendary Weapon" or "Mage, Older Grouchy" or something.  That should be updatable on the server side rather than the client side, and not require any new downloads.

It's definitely not a high priority, just one of those historical accuracy things.

darkstorme

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2008, 05:27:07 pm »
Ah, sorry.  I thought, given the subject header, that you were objecting to the voiceset, not the fact that the NPC has it.