The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Broken link Spell description  (Read 984 times)

Acacea

Broken link Spell description
« on: May 04, 2017, 06:12:15 pm »
Under spells by classsorcerer wizard spellsMass flesh to stone does not work.

Rowana

Moved to the proper
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2016, 01:26:19 pm »

Moved to the proper forum.

Thanks for the note. Could you link me to the specific page(s) that you're experiencing the problem from? I will definitely look at the issue as soon as possible.

~row

silverblades

this is the address that
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2016, 11:30:38 pm »

this is the address that shows in search bar says page cant be displayed..

I cant get paste to work so ill just type it in. 

htttp://lore.layonara.com/mass%20flesh%20to%20stone

There can be only One.

Acacea

Page where oops link appears
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2016, 12:25:57 am »

Page where oops link appears is here, correct link is here, appears to be the only one missed.

Edit - hehe, my search was faulty. Bard Spells and Paladin Spells and Cleric Spells link to here instead of here.

Druid Spells and Ranger Spells link to here instead of here.

Cleric Spells links to here instead of here.

So affected spells are Mass Flesh to Stone, Magic Circle Against Alignment, Aura vs Alignment, and One With the Land that I can see right off... I will not be so hasty as to say that is all :P

Rowana

Thanks to both of you. I bet
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2016, 12:22:54 am »

Thanks to both of you. I bet there was some glitch in the name that caused the converter not to catch it properly. I'll try to get the editing done sometime tomorrow.

~row

silverblades

Uh wow.She did the real
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2016, 05:12:35 am »

Uh wow.

She did the real work.

Any place I can learn to use the forums cut and paste and hyperlinks?

Thankyou.

There can be only One.

miltonyorkcastle

I fixed the initially
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2016, 11:42:17 pm »

I fixed the initially reported broken link, as well as some issues with the Mass Flesh to Stone page itself, but I have not yet fixed the others Acacea reported. I need sleep...

Acacea

Checking the page gave me a
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2016, 12:28:19 am »

Checking the page gave me a random question about the spell itself, which is probably better suited for... anywhere but here. Still!

Those in the area of effect are petrified, encased in stone. Targets failing a Fortitude save but have Freedom of Movement are encased in rock for 1d4 rounds. The caster can petrify 1d4+1 creatures per 10 caster levels. Targets who fail the save and do not have Freedom of Movement are petrified for 3 rounds.

Am I correct in understanding that it is possible for FoM to cause someone to be petrified for an extra round than if they didn't have it at all? *squints*

davidhoff

//Been a while since I've
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2016, 02:16:06 pm »

//Been a while since I've used that spell with Tralek but seems to me that more targets actually get hit by this then 1d4 +1 per 10 caster levels.  Also, they stay petrified longer than 1d4 or 3 rounds.  Maybe my memory is foggy but, I guess I could do some testing later. 

miltonyorkcastle

I do think the "3 rounds" for
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2016, 11:55:19 pm »

I do think the "3 rounds" for a failed save without FoM is incorrect. It might be "3 turns" (minutes) or something, but someone (Orth, etc.) would have to go into the module and look at the spell there to get the correct number.

orth

Acacea wrote:Checking the
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2017, 08:01:53 pm »

Quote from: "Acacea"&cid="2759575"

Checking the page gave me a random question about the spell itself, which is probably better suited for... anywhere but here. Still!

Those in the area of effect are petrified, encased in stone. Targets failing a Fortitude save but have Freedom of Movement are encased in rock for 1d4 rounds. The caster can petrify 1d4+1 creatures per 10 caster levels. Targets who fail the save and do not have Freedom of Movement are petrified for 3 rounds.

Am I correct in understanding that it is possible for FoM to cause someone to be petrified for an extra round than if they didn't have it at all? *squints*

The description is explaining two separate things based on whether the target is a playing character or not.

• If target is PC and they fail their save but have FoM they are immune.

• If target is PC and they fail their save and they don't have FoM then 3 rounds stoned.

• If target is NPC and they fail their save but have FoM then 1d4 rounds stoned.

• If target is NPC and they fail their save and they don't have FoM then permanently stoned.

I don't know if this was the intention but that is what the code does.

Acacea

The links from this page have
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2017, 05:56:44 pm »

The links from this page have been hopefully repaired and orth's clarification added to Mass Flesh to Stone.