The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Bug - Lake Splendor Boar's not skinnable  (Read 832 times)

orth

Bug - Lake Splendor Boar's not skinnable
« on: March 27, 2015, 06:17:00 pm »
Bug Report
Description: I am/was attempting a RNQ (Random NPC Quest) the requested Boar Hide, and found 4 boar in Lake Splendor.  After killing all of them, the "Skinnable Corpse" things did not drop, just the usual 'corpse' bag.  Had to keep hunting elsewhere.
Verified:
Reproducable: I killed every boar there so it happened at least 4 times.

Dorganath

Those boars aren't CNR boars,
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 09:18:00 pm »

Those boars aren't CNR boars, nor are they really meant to be.

CNR boars can be found elsewhere.  Keep looking.

Not really a "bug".

Charm2009

What about bats? I have been
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 06:17:22 am »

What about bats? I have been to a couple of places and the bats shows "skinnable" but they don't give a skin. Are there certain kinds of bats? Can you tell when you see them or do you have to kill them?

Dorganath

Charm2009 wrote:What about
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 08:41:53 am »

Quote from: "Charm2009"&cid="2756871"

What about bats? I have been to a couple of places and the bats shows "skinnable" but they don't give a skin. Are there certain kinds of bats? Can you tell when you see them or do you have to kill them?

I admit to a little confusion with these questions.  What do you mean as showing "skinnable"? And how does that line up with wondering if one can tell without killing them?

To answer a general question, yes, there are different bats and not all of them are skinnable. Only the CNR bats can be skinned and harvested.  If there are specific locations where you think the bats should be skinnable but do not seem to be, PM orth and/or myself with those locations and we'll check.  Though bats are low-level, we generally do not discuss CNR locations on the forums.

swoop

G-452 (can't remember the
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 11:35:18 am »

G-452 (can't remember the character's name) and Quenton ran accross some bats in the red light goblin cave last night that, when killed, spawned the "Skinnable corpse" but Guardian didn't get any skins in his inventory after skinning them. I didn't try to skin them myself though. G-452 did skin the badgers just outside of the cave fine though.

Quenton also had a possible issue with the rats under the Center Crafting house. Two let me skin them but the rest didn't spawn a "skinnable corpse" either. I only needed one anyway and I assumed some were CNR rats and some were not but it could be relevent.

I have had no issues with the lions near Krandor, but those are the only other animals I've tried to skin.

Dorganath

swoop wrote:G-452 (can't
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2015, 11:43:15 am »

Quote from: "swoop"&cid="2756886"

G-452 (can't remember the character's name) and Quenton ran accross some bats in the red light goblin cave last night that, when killed, spawned the "Skinnable corpse" but Guardian didn't get any skins in his inventory after skinning them. I didn't try to skin them myself though. G-452 did skin the badgers just outside of the cave fine though.

This is helpful. Thanks!

Quenton also had a possible issue with the rats under the Center Crafting house. Two let me skin them but the rest didn't spawn a "skinnable corpse" either. I only needed one anyway and I assumed some were CNR rats and some were not but it could be relevent.

Not all the rats down there are skinnable.

I have had no issues with the lions near Krandor, but those are the only other animals I've tried to skin.

Thanks!

Guardian 452

Yeah I was going to try the
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2015, 01:52:13 pm »

Yeah I was going to try the bats I found once more last night but didn't make it back. Normally not a huge deal, however I wager bat hides are going to be more popular now. Character I was using, Raghnall. If that matters at all.

ShiffDrgnhrt

Charm2009 wrote:What about
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2015, 04:41:50 pm »

Quote from: "Charm2009"&cid="2756871"

I was in the Battlehelm Moors Cave, where there are four bats you can kill and skin, however, when you click on the "Skinnable Corpse" interactable, they just disappear.  No animation is played like normal.  It just disappears.  I am waiting in the cave to try again.  But it happen to all four bats.

And of course, the only reason I'm looking for bats is for a NPC Quest.  :)  Shaking the bugs out, eh?

ShiffDrgnhrt

I attached my log.Apparently,
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2015, 04:59:36 pm »

I attached my log.

Apparently, the code works.   Nothing happens if you don't have a skinning knife.  The system tells me, [CHAT WINDOW TEXT] [Mon Mar 02 16:56:39] You must hold a skinning knife to loot this corpse.

So whatever is wrong with the code must be in the execution.  Because if you have the knife the interactable just vanishes without anything happening.

swoop

Yeah I just confirmed it
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2015, 08:04:29 pm »

Yeah I just confirmed it again in the red light caves. Same as ShiffDrgnhrt, I go to skin them and they just disapear.

Charm2009

Since I am not mentioning any
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2015, 08:40:50 pm »

Since I am not mentioning any locations for CNR, the two locations mentioned in this discussion are also the same that I have tried. ;)

When they are killed, they show "Skinnable Corpse".

By name or size may be different to show if they are CNR or not. Like mentioned, some have the skin, some do not and you cannot tell the difference just by encountering them. They have to be killed to determine if you can get a skin from them.

orth

Bug has been determined and
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2015, 09:03:00 pm »

Bug has been determined and fixed for the next update.

Pretty complicated set of circumstances led to what the problem was. I'm not sure if you care about the details but basically it would only work if somewhere in the running module that skin existed, whether it be on a logged in character, or in storage in one of the houses that had its furniture populated.

Charm, this was why Kenzie had a problem with the jaguars as well. Since no jaguar skins was currently on anyone or in any of the crates/chests in the houses that were populated there it would find nothing. That's also why later when I tested it worked fine, because you were carrying a skin.

The boars and badgers in Lake Splendor are still not supposed to be skinnable though.